Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Pitbull puppy, and you live in Ohio? However, you will want to choose reputable Pitbull breeders in Ohio Cincinnati, Cleveland or Columbus who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Ohio, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Pitbull Breeders in Ohio with all of their information.
Top 5 Best Pit bull Breeders In Ohio, OH
1) Bullies Of Greatness
Here at Bullies of Greatness they strive to make sure their customers receive the best customer service and are completely happy with their new family member. When you buy a puppy from Bullies of Greatness they want to make sure you feel like you are not only a part of a community, but also a part of the family. Contact Them with questions.
They strive to breed excellent, quality puppies. they breed for companionship, temperament, pedigree, and show quality dogs. Their puppies are treated as one of their own. Buying a puppy is a huge responsibility so please make sure you are completely ready for your new addition to your family.
- Address: Delaware, Ohio 43015, United States
- Phone: 740-816-3036
- Email: [email protected]
2) Wall Street Bullys
They are Xl pitbull & XL bully breeders located in NW Ohio. They here at Wall Street Bully’s would like to thank their family, friends, & mentors for helping their dreams come true. They are committed in specializing & producing in some of highest quality XL american bullies also known as XL pitbulls. Thank you for visiting their site & your interest in their dogs!
Their puppies are everything you would expect in an XL style pittbull & bully dog. Their program consists of some of the most respected XL Pitbull bloodlines in the American Bully community. They breed to produce quality, high end puppies for show homes, pet homes, working dog homes, and for breeding homes who want to add exceptional size, pedigree, and quality to their program. Their bullies have the most outstanding pedigrees & come from all over the WORLD from the highest quality kennels to form their own. UKC & ABKC registered. Bloodlines include gray line, Ick, gk, gotti, xb, razors edge. They breed for quality not quantity, structure, intelligence, temperament, & health. Puppies are fully dewormed & utd on shots before leaving at 8 weeks old with vet certificates. Their dogs are big thick wide & above average from the rest. Ground shipping available anywhere in the US, airline shipping for international.
3) Makaveli Pits
- Address: Hill Rd, Canal Winchester, Ohio 43110, United States
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/makaveli.pits
- Phone Number: +1 614-301-8943 or (614)924-2042
4) Prince Royal Kennels
The vision is to produce the highest quality extreme Pocket, Standard, XL & XXL you can find. Home of “TrojanLine”. STEIN’S TROJAN(RIP) was the main stud that their program was founded on. His ability to produce a multitude of colors and his stout & stocky build set him apart from the others.
Their blood lines consist of RAZOR EDGE, BUTTHEAD, REMYLINE, GOTTILINE, PROBULLS, BGK, XB, DAXLINE, MR.MIAGI,DDK, FREAKLINES,GK, They specialize in Tricolor, merles, blues, champagnes, and fawns.
All of their puppies are updated on all required shots and UKC or ABKC certified, with all papers included. They produce show quality dogs, but also a great loving family pet.
5) Raven Blue Pits
They are located near Columbus, Ohio and raise UKC , ABKC, and OBKC Registered Pocket American Bullies. They specialize in 100% Razors Edge Blue pockets. Thier dogs have very good temperaments. They are short in height with extra bone and very bully.
If you are looking for MBBP’s Rocky bloodlines or Crazybone bloodlines, They have it. They are committed to producing great bullies. Raven Blue Pits have a great line up of Blue Pocket American Bullies. Razors Edge Females and Males. Check out their Stud Brother and Wizard.
They now have some Mr. Miagi blood to mix with Rocky blood. They are bringing in a new spin with their Frenchy boy Sigi to get some Exotic Bully offspring. They have the first pups on the ground and they are super nice.
- Address: Columbus, Ohio, United States
- Website: https://www.ravenbluepits.com
- Phone Number: (937)537-0850
Why Buy a Pitbull From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Pitbull Breed Overview
The average characteristic of the breed gives a general idea of the appearance of the dog, but due to the fact that there are no clear standards, variations in appearance are still possible.
For example, in different dogs the shape of the facial skull may differ – some have an elongated muzzle, similar to a rat’s face, while others have a shorter, “bulldog” look.
Breeders divide APBT into 3 main types, bearing in their appearance the features of one of the founding breeds:
Color and type of coat
The coat of the pit bull is very short and noticeably coarse. These dogs do not have undercoat, therefore they cannot live in the cold.
Pitbull colors are very democratic. The only exception is the merle marble color, which is characteristic only for Albanian pit bulls.
For other species, the following colors are acceptable:
- yellow brown;
Life expectancy in APTB is not very different from that of other breeds and is approximately 10-15 years. The lifespan largely depends on the conditions in which the dog is kept.
How To Choose a Pitbull Puppy?
Before contacting breeders, you need to decide for what purpose you need a Pit Bull Terrier. There are three classes of dogs:
- Pet class – dogs are not intended for further breeding.
- Breed class – puppies of “star” parents, suitable for participation in competitions and for further breeding.
- Show class – the most expensive puppies with a venerable pedigree. Purchase them to participate in well-known and popular exhibitions. Such dogs always claim the highest titles and awards.
Pitbull puppies should be taken from trusted breeders at around 8 weeks of age. By this time, the baby will have time to get the basics of socialization and learn to communicate with their own kind. And the breeder will do all the necessary manipulations – cut off the ears (if necessary), carry out preventive treatment for worms, and vaccinations.
When choosing a puppy, it is worth considering the entire litter for various defects. If there are any, then there is a high probability that some defects may appear in visually healthy individuals over time.
How Much is Average Price of a Pitbull Puppy in Ohio?
A Pitbull puppy in Ohio has an average price of $1500-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Pitbull puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The cost of a Pitbull puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Pitbull Puppy
Tips from professional dog handlers and breeders:
- Start taking time as early as possible to socialize and build trust with your puppy. Puppies learn this best during the period from 3 to 16 weeks of their life. Therefore, it is very important to enable the animal to learn as much as possible about the outside world.
- Determine for the puppy its territory, or rather its place.
- Treat your little pit bull responsibly. Show it your warm emotions – then you will see both warmth and devotion. In training, use positive stimuli to develop skills and conditioned reflexes.
- Pay proper attention to feeding your puppy. Improper nutrition will later result in health problems and developmental flaws. If you have questions or problems with feeding, visit your veterinarian for advice.
- From childhood, teach your puppy to inspect the mouth, brush teeth, veterinary manipulations, trim claws.
- Provide your puppy with regular and sufficient physical activity. Excess energy must certainly be dumped. Walk with the puppy at least 2 times a day for 1-1.5 hours. A great way to burn off excess energy for a little Pit Bull Terrier is to play sports.
- Don’t let your puppy get bored. Alone, without toys allowed by the owner, the puppy runs the risk of acquiring a mass of bad habits. If you need to go somewhere for a long time without a puppy, organize a closed space for it where it can be left with toys and always with drinking water.
- Don’t let your puppy play with other dogs unattended. If in the course of the game there are forerunners of conflict, then it is necessary to interrupt the game, reassure the pet and encourage it if he immediately switched from the “enemy” to the owner.
- Don’t let your puppy bite while you play with it. Stop even hints of aggression on its part.
Pitbull Puppies For Sale in Ohio
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Pitbull puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Pitbull puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Pitbull Puppies For Sale Near By States
Pit Bulls are excellent dogs, easy to train, loyal and reliable. In the face of the owner, they definitely need a pronounced leader with a strong hand, but at the same time who knows how not to demonstrate, its own anger and aggression.
If a pitbull shows its weakness or fear even a little, then it will dominate and become uncontrollable.
Last Updated on July 21, 2022 by Jessica Vanclap