Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Pitbull Dog Puppy, and you live in Texas? However, you will want to choose reputable Pitbull breeders in Texas who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Texas, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Pitbull Breeders in Texas with all of their information.
Top 5 Pitbull Breeders In Texas
1) Fort Blue Kennels
Since – 1999
If you are looking for a reputable breeder with many years of experience then you are in the right place. If you are looking for a breeder who will be available to answer your calls questions or concerns before during and after your purchase then you are in the right place.
If you are looking for a breeder who breeds nothing but the absolute very best possible specimens of the breed this country has to offer, then you are in the right place.
- Address: Lubbock, TX 79423, United States
- Website: https://fortbluekennels.com/
- Phone: +18065449030
2) Southeast Texas Bullies
They provide their clients with high-quality -American Bullies, at a price you can afford! Their TOP PRIORITIES are the well being of all of their dogs onsite and off, also the CLIENT.
They breed by sticking to one motto “They BREED to IMPROVE”. If you’re interested in meeting us, pull the trigger.
- Address: 295 Co Rd 263, Jasper, TX 75951, United States
- Website: http://www.setxbullies.com/
- Phone Number: +14093838068
3) Real American Pit Bull Terrier
The Real Pitbull, “American Pit Bull Terrier”. The Holly grail of the “American Pit Bull Terrier ” After all ,that is what you are looking for ONLY THE BEST. Also the MOST accurate information on the breed APBT TODAY. Many people want the best, The real American pitBull Terrier Puppies, Some call them Real Pitbulls, Real Pitbull puppies. Therefore they want , The most merited family of Real American Pit Bull Terriers , here it is friends .
As you read you see the pictures, and videos , it will be come clear why some people call us, the holly-grail of the “American Pit Bull Terrier”. I wish there was something like this back in 1994 when I was starting my quest for the “Ultimate Pitbull”.
4) All-Star Kennels
They are proud owners of American Bullies looking forward to giving these loyal loving dogs the reputation they deserve !!! Everything is bigger in Texas.
- Address: Pearland, TX 77584, United States
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/asb.allstarbullies/
- Phone Number: +1 832-970-0670
5) Pryme Tyme Kennels
They are a family owned kennel in Houston, Texas that specializes producing the best variations of blue pit bull puppies and XXL pitbull puppies for sale. They indeed have the finest kinds of XXXL Bullies, XL, XXL, XXXL Pits that you can find anywhere else. Here at PTK you just don’t get one of the biggest, well structured XXL Pitbulls for sale but great tempered dogs as well.
Their bullies for sale in Texas will make for a beautiful companion that will be an essential part of your family. They have been breeding the biggest blue bullies for over 21 years. They have produced some of the markets best dogs and have provided some of the Country’s premier kennels with foundation males and females. They thrive in creating big, heavy boned, Pits/bullies with massive heads, and chest without sacrificing movement, structure or beauty. All of their dogs are family raised and are well socialized. They register their dogs with the United Kennel Club and their dogs are purple ribbon bred. If you are looking for that dog that will stop traffic or just simply add to your family they are the place to be.
Why Buy a Pitbull From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Pitbull Breed Overview
The average characteristic of the breed gives a general idea of the appearance of the dog, but due to the fact that there are no clear standards, variations in appearance are still possible.
For example, in different dogs the shape of the facial skull may differ – some have an elongated muzzle, similar to a rat’s face, while others have a shorter, “bulldog” look.
Breeders divide APBT into 3 main types, bearing in their appearance the features of one of the founding breeds:
Color and type of coat
The coat of the pit bull is very short and noticeably coarse. These dogs do not have undercoat, therefore they cannot live in the cold.
Pitbull colors are very democratic. The only exception is the merle marble color, which is characteristic only for Albanian pit bulls.
For other species, the following colors are acceptable:
- yellow brown;
Life expectancy in APTB is not very different from that of other breeds and is approximately 10-15 years. The lifespan largely depends on the conditions in which the dog is kept.
How To Choose a Pitbull Puppy?
Before contacting breeders, you need to decide for what purpose you need a Pit Bull Terrier. There are three classes of dogs:
- Pet class – dogs are not intended for further breeding.
- Breed class – puppies of “star” parents, suitable for participation in competitions and for further breeding.
- Show class – the most expensive puppies with a venerable pedigree. Purchase them to participate in well-known and popular exhibitions. Such dogs always claim the highest titles and awards.
Pitbull puppies should be taken from trusted breeders at around 8 weeks of age. By this time, the baby will have time to get the basics of socialization and learn to communicate with their own kind. And the breeder will do all the necessary manipulations – cut off the ears (if necessary), carry out preventive treatment for worms, and vaccinations.
When choosing a puppy, it is worth considering the entire litter for various defects. If there are any, then there is a high probability that some defects may appear in visually healthy individuals over time.
How Much is Average Price of a Pitbull Puppy in Texas?
A Pitbull puppy in Texas has an average price of $1500-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Pitbull puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The cost of a Pitbull puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Pitbull Puppy
Tips from professional dog handlers and breeders:
- Start taking time as early as possible to socialize and build trust with your puppy. Puppies learn this best during the period from 3 to 16 weeks of their life. Therefore, it is very important to enable the animal to learn as much as possible about the outside world.
- Determine for the puppy its territory, or rather its place.
- Treat your little pit bull responsibly. Show it your warm emotions – then you will see both warmth and devotion. In training, use positive stimuli to develop skills and conditioned reflexes.
- Pay proper attention to feeding your puppy. Improper nutrition will later result in health problems and developmental flaws. If you have questions or problems with feeding, visit your veterinarian for advice.
- From childhood, teach your puppy to inspect the mouth, brush teeth, veterinary manipulations, trim claws.
- Provide your puppy with regular and sufficient physical activity. Excess energy must certainly be dumped. Walk with the puppy at least 2 times a day for 1-1.5 hours. A great way to burn off excess energy for a little Pit Bull Terrier is to play sports.
- Don’t let your puppy get bored. Alone, without toys allowed by the owner, the puppy runs the risk of acquiring a mass of bad habits. If you need to go somewhere for a long time without a puppy, organize a closed space for it where it can be left with toys and always with drinking water.
- Don’t let your puppy play with other dogs unattended. If in the course of the game there are forerunners of conflict, then it is necessary to interrupt the game, reassure the pet and encourage it if he immediately switched from the “enemy” to the owner.
- Don’t let your puppy bite while you play with it. Stop even hints of aggression on its part.
Pitbull Puppies For Sale in Texas
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Pitbull puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Pitbull puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Pitbull Puppies For Sale Near By States
Pit Bulls are excellent dogs, easy to train, loyal and reliable. In the face of the owner, they definitely need a pronounced leader with a strong hand, but at the same time who knows how not to demonstrate, its own anger and aggression.
If a pitbull shows its weakness or fear even a little, then it will dominate and become uncontrollable.