Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Pitbull puppy, and you live in Florida? However, you will want to choose reputable Pitbull Dog breeders in Florida (FL) who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Florida State, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Pitbull Breeders in Florida with all of their information.
Top 5 Pitbull Breeders In Florida (FL)
1) Art Of War Kennels
They are located in beautiful Miami, Florida and have been breeding XL Pitbulls/XL Bullies since 2009. They started with the biggest Pit Bull blood anywhere on Earth and spared no expense acquiring their foundation dogs that they used to start out their kennel and bought the best XL Bullies from all over the US.
In the beginning they had one goal and that was to produce the biggest blue Pitbulls in the World but they then realized that just having size wasn’t enough. So they set out to produce large, wide dogs with Monster sized heads. Once they accomplished their goal they decided to add the rarest colors to their dogs. With their first tri color breeding they produced the biggest Male and Female tri color Pits the World had ever seen. When they decided to add Merle once again on their first merle breeding they produced the biggest merle tri color Bully on Earth. They perfected the Art of producing big beautiful Monsters that is what they do here at Art Of War Kennels. So if you want the best Bully money can buy you came to the right place.
I love the original American Pitbull Terriers and bred them for many years but I eventually started feeling like I needed a little more size in my dogs thats when my research led me to the XL Pit Bull. I purchased some of the best dogs from the biggest XL bloodlines. I used lines Like ICK Iron Cross Kennels, BGK Big Gemini Kennels, GK Gankis Kon and Sunline. They have owned some of the largest XL Pitbull/XL Bully studs and are home to the biggest tri color Pitbulls and producers of the biggest freakiest merles in the World.
2) Titanium Kilo Kennels
They are a family oriented kennel originally based out of Florida but since then have added new chapters in PA, NM, North FL, and now the West Coast.
They are Home to some of the most beautiful XL & XXL PIT BULLS & AMERICAN BULLIES!!! They strive to provide families with perfect companionship dogs that meet their personal lifestyle and at the same time they build a lifelong bond. They are the home to NRK/HBK Bella of Titanium Kilo Kennels; one of the finest XL champagne and white pit bull females in the world!
All of their foundation dogs and productions have the best temperament anyone can ask for! They are raised around children from the first stages of their life.
- Address: Orlando, Florida, United States
- Website: http://www.titaniumkilokennels.com/
- Phone Number: +19044055699
3) Plenty of Pit Bulls
Plenty of Pit Bulls is a 501c3 organization in Gainesville, Florida that rescues and advocates for pit bulls and other dogs in need .
They are an all-volunteer group of dog lovers who rescue and rehabilitate pit bull type dogs. They also do shelter and owner support and education and outreach projects. They do not take in dogs from the public or strays. They have weekly adoption events at Petco (6869 W. Newberry Rd. in Gainesville) and at Earthwise Pet Jonesville (14029 W Newberry Rd. in Newberry) on Saturdays from 10am to 1pm, where you can meet their adoptable dogs
They are always looking for volunteers, including people who can provide foster homes, exercise and train dogs, volunteer at adoption events, help with fundraising, and contribute in other ways.
- Address: Gainesville, FL 32604, United States
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/plentyofpitbulls/
- Phone Number: +1 352-405-1696
Why Buy a Pitbull From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Pitbull Breed Overview
The average characteristic of the breed gives a general idea of the appearance of the dog, but due to the fact that there are no clear standards, variations in appearance are still possible.
For example, in different dogs the shape of the facial skull may differ – some have an elongated muzzle, similar to a rat’s face, while others have a shorter, “bulldog” look.
Breeders divide APBT into 3 main types, bearing in their appearance the features of one of the founding breeds:
Color and type of coat
The coat of the pit bull is very short and noticeably coarse. These dogs do not have undercoat, therefore they cannot live in the cold.
Pitbull colors are very democratic. The only exception is the merle marble color, which is characteristic only for Albanian pit bulls.
For other species, the following colors are acceptable:
- yellow brown;
Life expectancy in APTB is not very different from that of other breeds and is approximately 10-15 years. The lifespan largely depends on the conditions in which the dog is kept.
How To Choose a Pitbull Puppy?
Before contacting breeders, you need to decide for what purpose you need a Pit Bull Terrier. There are three classes of dogs:
- Pet class – dogs are not intended for further breeding.
- Breed class – puppies of “star” parents, suitable for participation in competitions and for further breeding.
- Show class – the most expensive puppies with a venerable pedigree. Purchase them to participate in well-known and popular exhibitions. Such dogs always claim the highest titles and awards.
Pitbull puppies should be taken from trusted breeders at around 8 weeks of age. By this time, the baby will have time to get the basics of socialization and learn to communicate with their own kind. And the breeder will do all the necessary manipulations – cut off the ears (if necessary), carry out preventive treatment for worms, and vaccinations.
When choosing a puppy, it is worth considering the entire litter for various defects. If there are any, then there is a high probability that some defects may appear in visually healthy individuals over time.
How Much is Average Price of a Pitbull Puppy in Florida?
A Pitbull puppy in Florida has an average price of $1500-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Pitbull puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The cost of a Pitbull puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Pitbull Puppy
Tips from professional dog handlers and breeders:
- Start taking time as early as possible to socialize and build trust with your puppy. Puppies learn this best during the period from 3 to 16 weeks of their life. Therefore, it is very important to enable the animal to learn as much as possible about the outside world.
- Determine for the puppy its territory, or rather its place.
- Treat your little pit bull responsibly. Show it your warm emotions – then you will see both warmth and devotion. In training, use positive stimuli to develop skills and conditioned reflexes.
- Pay proper attention to feeding your puppy. Improper nutrition will later result in health problems and developmental flaws. If you have questions or problems with feeding, visit your veterinarian for advice.
- From childhood, teach your puppy to inspect the mouth, brush teeth, veterinary manipulations, trim claws.
- Provide your puppy with regular and sufficient physical activity. Excess energy must certainly be dumped. Walk with the puppy at least 2 times a day for 1-1.5 hours. A great way to burn off excess energy for a little Pit Bull Terrier is to play sports.
- Don’t let your puppy get bored. Alone, without toys allowed by the owner, the puppy runs the risk of acquiring a mass of bad habits. If you need to go somewhere for a long time without a puppy, organize a closed space for it where it can be left with toys and always with drinking water.
- Don’t let your puppy play with other dogs unattended. If in the course of the game there are forerunners of conflict, then it is necessary to interrupt the game, reassure the pet and encourage it if he immediately switched from the “enemy” to the owner.
- Don’t let your puppy bite while you play with it. Stop even hints of aggression on its part.
Pitbull Puppies For Sale in Florida
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Pitbull puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Pitbull puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Pitbull Puppies For Sale Near By States
Pit Bulls are excellent dogs, easy to train, loyal and reliable. In the face of the owner, they definitely need a pronounced leader with a strong hand, but at the same time who knows how not to demonstrate, its own anger and aggression.
If a pitbull shows its weakness or fear even a little, then it will dominate and become uncontrollable.
Last Updated on April 4, 2022 by Jessica Vanclap