If you live in Oregon and searching for Poodle puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Poodle breeders in Oregon who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Oregon, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Poodle Breeders in Oregon with all of their information.
There are some great and Top Poodle Breeders in California that might be able to help.
Top 10 Best Poodle Puppies For Sale In Oregon (OR)
1) NJoy Poodles
- Address: 29107 Fox Hollow RD, Eugene Oregon 97405, United States
- Website: http://njoypoodles.com/
- Phone: 541-345-0057
- Email: [email protected]
2) Ardent Standard Poodles
- Address: Ridgefield, OR, United States
- Website: Ardent Standard Poodles
- Phone: (360) 887-2926
3) Moonstone Poodles
- Address: Portland, OR, United States
- Website: Moonstone Poodles
- Phone: +1 503-730-5992
- Email: [email protected]
4) Windsongs Standard Poodles Kennel
- Address: Corvallis, OR 97333, United States
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/windsongstandardpoodles/
- Phone: +1 541-231-3062
- Email: [email protected]
5) Heritage Poodles
- Address: Milton Freewater, OR, United States
- Website: Heritage Poodles
- Phone: 541-203-0456
6) Priceless Poodles
- Address: 43404 Wiley Creek Rd, Sweet Home, OR 97386, United States
- Website: http://pricelesspoodles.com/
- Phone: +15418180399
7) Peartree Poodles Of Oregon
- Website: http://www.peartreepoodles.org/
- Phone: +15416013049
8) French Standard Poodles
- Address: NW Pershall Way, Redmond, OR 97756, United States
- Website: https://frenchstandardpoodles.com/
- Phone: +15419908097
9) Friendship Farm ‘N More
- Address: Yamhill County, Oregon, United States
- Website: Friendship Farm ‘N More
- Phone: (503) 835-5324
10) Prairie Star Standard Poodles
- Address: Lakeview, Oregon 97630, United States
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Prairie-Star-Standard-Poodles
Why Buy a Poodle From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Poodle Breed Overview
It is the only breed that has many varieties. Poodle dogs differ in size, color, and coat type. Everyone has the opportunity to choose the most suitable pet for themselves.
Poodle breed standards description:
- The Poodle looks well built, and the breed is characterized by a strong build with well-developed muscles and lean skin. The skin is dense, pigmented.
- The head of the standard poodle is wedge-shaped, in proportion to the body of the dog. Cheekbones and cheeks are flat.
- The ears are pendant, long, close to the head.
- The eyes are expressive, cheerful, almond-shaped. Their color depends on the color of the coat. Can be dark brown, black, dark amber. It is the eyes that betray the high intelligence of this breed.
- The neck is of medium length, strong. The withers are weak. The back is short, strong, and has a slight slope towards the croup.
- The belly is moderately tucked up. The tail is set high and straight. The front and hind legs are well developed.
Varieties of the breed
Types of poodles, depending on the size:
- large (royal);
- toy poodle.
Color and type of coat
In the description of the Poodle breed, the variety of shades of the coat is mentioned. According to the standard, there are 6 colors of poodles:
- apricot (pink);
- red (red).
However, when dogs with different coat colors are crossed, puppies are born with a non-standard color (brindle, sable, silver-beige, cream, two-color, etc.).
Depending on the type of coat, they are divided into two types:
- Curly. The curly poodle has a coat with dense curls.
- Shnurovoy. It is characterized by dense “cords”, the length of which can reach about 7.8 inches.
How To Choose a Poodle Puppy?
When choosing a puppy, you should pay attention to its appearance. Any discharge from the eyes and a rash on the skin are unacceptable. The puppy must be agile and playful.
If you need a specific variety, it is advisable to choose a puppy from the age of 6 months. It is from this moment that the characteristic features of the breed will be visible. To exclude genetic diseases, it is advisable to purchase puppies from proven kennels or breeders.
How Much Does a Poodle Puppy Cost in Oregon?
A poodle puppy in Oregon has an average price of $1100-$2000. Some Breeders could even offer Poodle puppies for $3800 or even higher.
The cost of a Poodle puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a poodle Puppy
Poodle care should be carried out on an ongoing basis. The owner should pay attention to the professional haircut of their poodle. This procedure should be carried out every six months.
Taking care of your dog is not easy because, in addition to grooming it, you need to bathe it regularly, and it is also important to ensure a balanced diet.
Making a menu is a responsible task for the owner. Initially, the owners need to decide what kind of food to give to the pet – natural or dry.
If the choice was made in favor of “natural”, it is important to organize meals in such a way that the diet is rich in proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
Regardless of how old the poodle is, meat and offal should be present in its daily diet. Boiled eggs can be given to the dog as a source of protein and fat.
Once every 7 days, it is permissible to replace meat products with fish. Small puppies need to include dairy products such as kefir, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk, yogurt without additives in their diet.
Cereals rich in carbohydrates: rice, buckwheat, and oatmeal. The norm for adults is about 500 g per day. The menu must be supplemented with vegetables and fruits. The list of permitted foods includes carrots, beets, herbs, apples. If your dog does not have enough vitamins, you should contact your veterinarian to find the optimal vitamin and mineral complex.
Walking and physical activity
Since this breed is energetic and active, walks should be long and regular. If the song gets the proper load, it will start to pour out energy in the apartment. The pet will begin to ruffle toys, gnaw on wires, furniture, shoes.
Training and education
Poodle training involves intellectual exercise. With such a dog, you need to play games, agility. Trained poodles have an excellent memory, so they can easily memorize hundreds of commands. It is necessary to start working with a puppy from an early age. You can train your dog at home.
You can bathe your dog no more than 2-3 times a month. Special attention should be paid to daily brushing. To take care of your pet, you need to choose cosmetics that will facilitate the care of the coat and prevent it from falling off.
Ears and eyes need constant examination. If you find discharge, you should contact your veterinarian. It is recommended to trim nails 1-2 times a month.
Poodle Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Poodle puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Poodle puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
When choosing a pet, it is important to study all the information about the breed, take into account the peculiarities of the content and the predisposition to diseases.
With the right upbringing and proper care, the poodle will become a fun and reliable friend for the whole family and lead a long and happy life.