If you live in Florida and searching for Jack Russell puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Jack Russell breeders in Florida who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Florida, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Jack Russell Breeders in Florida with all of their information.
There are some great and Top Jack Russell Breeders In Alabama that might be able to help.
Jack Rusell Puppies For Sale In Florida (FL)
- Address: Reynolds Road • Bartow, FL, United States
- Website: www.conasaugajackrussellterriers.com
- Phone: (863) 533-1918/(863) 604-0403 (cell)
2) West Elk
- Address: Dade City, FL, United States
- Website: www.WestElkTerriers.com
- Phone Number: (602) 448-7046
4) Broken W’s Jack Russells
- Address: Bonifay, FL, United States
- Website: Broken W’s Jack Russells
- Phone Number: (850) 956-2319
5) Butterball Kennel
- Address: Citra, FL, United States
- Website: Butterball Kennel
- Phone Number: (352) 595-4072
6) Rustling Oaks Jack Russells
- Address: Melbourne, FL, United States
- Website: Rustling Oaks Jack Russells
- Phone Number: (321) 259-9387
7) Brightjacks Shortiejacks
- Address: Riverview, FL, United States
- Website: Brightjacks Shortiejacks
- Phone Number: (813) 677-8490
8) Celtic River Jack Russell Terrier
- Address: High Springs, FL, United States
- Website: Celtic River Jack Russell Terrier
- Phone Number: (352) 514-6991
Jack Russell Breed Overview
The Jack Russell Terrier is a strong, sturdy medium-sized dog with a slightly elongated body, and according to the AKC classification, it belongs to small terrier breeds. The ears of the Jack Russell Terrier are small, semi-erect, mobile. Modern Jack Russell Terriers are short-legged dogs with pronounced muscles.
The current standard gives the following characteristics to Jack Russell Terriers:
- The skull is flat, tapering slightly from the eyes to the jaw.
- The nose is neat, black in color, with open and well-developed nostrils.
- The eyes are small, dark brown, almond-shaped, deep-set.
- The ears are mobile, small, hanging on cartilage. Must have V-shaped ends. Jack Russell Terrier’s ears are of two types: hanging or “buttons”.
- The jaws are powerful with strong teeth and a scissor bite.
- The neck is strong and long enough.
- The body is oblong.
- The back is strong and straight.
- The chest is deep, not wide.
- The limbs are strong and muscular.
- Feet are round, small, set straight, with firm pads and tightly closed toes.
- According to the type of coat, the following breed varieties are distinguished: smooth-haired, wire-haired, and intermediate (in English – broken, that is, broken).
- Color – white with multi-colored spots.
- The tail is set high, straight or slightly curved towards the head, thick at the base. Can be docked up to 5 inches so that the remainder is kept straight.
How To Choose a Jack Russell Puppy?
To become the owner of a healthy purebred puppy, you need to choose it in specialized kennels or from trusted breeders.
When buying a Jack Russell, it is recommended to pay attention to:
- availability of documents of origin;
- compliance with the breed standard;
- features of behavior;
- conditions of detention.
How Much Does a Jack Russell Puppy Cost in Florida?
A Jack Russell puppy in Florida has an average price of $800-$1800. Some Breeders could even offer Jack Russell puppies for $2500 or even higher.
The cost of a Jack Russell puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Jack Russell Puppy
Jack Russells usually give birth to 3-5 puppies in a litter, but some females give birth to 6 puppies. Newborn puppies feed on mothers’ milk in the first month of life. After this age, they need to gradually introduce complementary foods.
From one and a half to 4 months, puppies grow very actively, gaining height and weight, so their growing organisms require a large amount of nutritious food. If during this period the puppy moved to a new home, at first it is advisable to feed the puppy with the food that the breeder gave it.
After the puppy is comfortable, you can change the type of feeding. If the owner chooses a natural way of feeding at this age, it is necessary to gradually introduce complementary foods into the diet of the puppies.
The Jack Russell Terrier continues to grow its body and internal organs for 4 months. At this age, the puppy’s milk teeth fall out and permanent teeth grow, and hair is also formed. From 4 to 6 months, the food in the diet remains the same, but the number of feedings decreases and the amount of portions increases.
From 6 to 12 months of age, puppies grow less – at this time their bones become stronger and muscle mass increases, so the calorie content and volume of food can be reduced by reducing the amount of cereals given to the pet.
Jack Russell’s feeding table by months in the first life with a daily menu:
|Age, months||Daily menu||Number of feedings|
|1-2||Milk, soaked dry food, broth||7|
|2-3||Boiled lean meats, cereals, vegetables, fruits, dairy products||6|
|4-5||Meat, cereals, vegetables, dairy products, fruits||4|
|6-12||Meat, fish, cereals, vegetables, dairy products, boiled egg yolk, fruits||3|
Important! After the dog reaches the age of one year, it must be transferred to 2 meals a day.
Caring for a Jack Russell Terrier puppy from the moment it appears in the house should be carried out according to certain rules:
- the puppy’s place should be away from heat sources and drafts;
- it is necessary to purchase a sufficient number of toys for the puppy that will be located next to its bed, as well as bowls, a leash, a muzzle, a massage mitt;
- you can walk with a Jack Russell Terrier puppy only on a leash;
- up to a year, little Jack Russells cannot go down the stairs due to the danger of damage to the elbow joints;
- puppies can only walk after they have received all the necessary vaccinations;
- you cannot wake the puppy unnecessarily, since sleep is important for the formation of his nervous system;
- up to 5 months, Jack Russell puppies should not be left alone – at this age they can hardly endure loneliness, perceiving it as a punishment.
Jack Russell Terrier, despite all its bad habits, will surely become the main favorite of the whole family and the best friend of children. The owners only need, in addition to standard care, to give more attention to their pet, often playing, walking, and just communicating with it.