If you live in Illinois and searching for Newfoundland puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Newfoundland breeders in Illinois who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Illinois, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Newfoundland Breeders in Illinois with all of their information.
Newfoundland Puppies For Sale In Illinois (IL)
1) goose pond Newfoundlands and pet boarding
- Address: Harrisburg, IL, United States
- Website: goosepond Newfoundlands and pet boarding
- Phone: 618-841-8911
2) Rowens Kennels
- Address: 2400 Owens Ln, Brighton, IL 62012, United States
- Website: http://www.rowenskennels.com/
- Phone: +16183723837
Why Buy a Newfoundland From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Newfoundland Breed Overview
Below are the Newfoundland breed standards and some of the features of the appearance of these dogs:
- Coat – thick, awned, hard, with a thick undercoat, covered with a special secret that has water-repellent properties;
- head– is massive, with a slightly protruding arch and short hair;
- ears – small, triangular in shape;
- eyes – small, deep set;
- teeth – large, white; jaws with a level or scissor bite;
- torso – the Newfoundland has a strong, dense body with a strong loin and a wide chest; the length from the withers to the base of the tail is equal to the length from the withers to the floor;
- limbs – the front legs are straight, the shoulders are set back; the hind legs are powerful, the feet of the Newfoundland are large, with hard, tightly closed fingers connected by membranes (it is the membranes that are one of the main characteristics of the breed);
- move – the dog moves sweepingly, the back is even; paws during running should not cross;
- life expectancy – from 9 to 11 years.
Color and coat type
The most popular Newfoundland coat color is black, and the richer it is, the better. For black color, white spots on the paws are allowed. Sometimes when hair burns out in the sun, brown or reddish shades appear, but in general, red color is not included in the breed standards.
The brown color is also recognized for the Newfoundland breed. Solid browns may have white markings.
How To Choose a Newfoundland Puppy?
A pet-class puppy is suitable for the role of a companion. This is the most inexpensive category, which has not lost the main characteristics of the exterior and character but has deviations from the breed. Breed class dogs are suitable for breeding. But the most expensive, ideal in terms of breed characteristics are show-class dogs.
For a dog to be 100% healthy, you should choose a puppy from a litter of no more than 6-10 individuals. Preference should be given to small nurseries with a full set of documents of the puppy’s parents.
How Much Does a Newfoundland Puppy Cost in Illinois?
A Newfoundland puppy in Illinois has an average price of $1600-$2900. Some Breeders could even offer Newfoundland puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The cost of a Newfoundland puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Newfoundland Puppy
Experienced breeders are twofold about keeping a Newfoundland in an apartment. Newfoundland will not gnaw and spoil things or behave aggressively, but when deciding to get such a pet in a small-sized housing, it is worth considering that it sheds all year round, and the coat needs to be combed out during the fall and spring every day since during this period the undercoat is updated in dogs.
During summer and autumn, you need to brush your dog at least three times a week. Tangles are cut out only in extreme cases, but it is better to entrust the Newfoundland haircut to a professional groomer. But there will be no problems with bathing because these dogs love water.
Care and hygiene
In addition to combing the coat, attention should be paid to the eyes and ears of the Newfoundland.
The Newfoundland often brings dirt and midges from the street, which means that it is necessary at least to wash its paws after each walk. Bathe your dog carefully to not damage the undercoat and not disrupt the production of a special oil that protects the coat from getting wet.
Newfoundland Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Newfoundland puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Newfoundland puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Newfoundland Puppies For Sale Near By States
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in California
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in New York
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Florida
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in North Carolin
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Ohio
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Michigan
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Texas
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in New Jersey
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Washington
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Virginia
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Massachusetts
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Indiana
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Missouri
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Colorado
- Newfoundland Puppies For Sale in Wisconsin
The Newfoundland is a very sociable and loyal dog. It appreciates love and affection and pays the owners for their care a hundredfold. This breed is suitable not only as a family friend but also as a guide, rescuer, nanny.
Sociability, good nature, and a big loving heart are the main advantages of a diver.