If you live in Arizona and searching for Shiba Inu puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Shiba Inu breeders in Arizona who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Arizona, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Shiba Inu Breeders in Arizona with all of their information.
Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale In Arizona (AZ)
1) Puppies ‘N Love
- Address: 7700 W Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale, AZ 85308, United States
- Website: http://www.animalkingdomaz.com/
- Phone: +16238789059
Why Buy a Shiba Inu From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Shiba Inu Breed Overview
Characteristics of the breed:
- triangular ears slightly tilted forward;
- pointed fox muzzle;
- dark brown eyes (outer corners are located above the inner ones);
- a nose with a black lobe;
- scissor bite;
- a toned body with a flat back, muscular lower back, deep chest, and dry belly;
- massive hocks and springy pads with dark claws;
- thick, ring-shaped tail, covered with thick and fluffy hair.
Sly squints and black lip lines make the Shibu Inu appear to be smiling.
On a note. In addition to the international breed standard, the Japanese standard is also distinguished, according to which the size of an adult dog differs depending on gender. Males are larger, more muscular and more aggressive, while females are smaller and more genial.
Shiba Inu colors
Shiba Inu dogs have a rich coat with a soft undercoat and a stiff awn. The longest hair is on the tail and the shortest on the muzzle and limbs.
Among the colors allowed:
- Ginger. Occurs in 80% of representatives.
- Black with silver or tan markings
The latter is characterized by a double color of each hair:
- sesame – even distribution of white and black zones;
- black sesame – black prevails over white;
- red sesame – a combination of red color with black color at the very tip of each hair.
On a note. Shiba dogs with white color are not allowed by the standard.
On the coat of thoroughbred Shiba, “urazhiro” is required – a pattern made of white coat, capturing the following parts of the body:
- tail and limbs from the inside.
How To Choose a Shiba Inu Puppy?
- The appearance of the parents. If the breeder shies away from the demonstration, refuse the purchase. Dogs can be sick or outbred.
- The appearance of the litter. Study your chosen puppy carefully. He must be active, well-nourished, and well-groomed.
- Availability of documents. Together with the puppy, the breeder must pass the metric, pedigree, and veterinary passport.
Shiba Inu, like other four-legged inhabitants of the islands, is a Japanese national treasure and is under the protection of the Nippo canine organization.
How Much Does a Shiba Inu Puppy Cost in Arizona?
A Shiba Inu puppy in Arizona has an average price of $1300-$2600. Some Breeders could even offer Shiba Inu puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The cost of a Shiba Inu puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Shiba Inu Puppy
Shiba Inue does not require complex and time-consuming grooming. For a dog to look neat, basic hygiene is enough for it:
The required care procedures include:
- Cleaning the ears and eyes. The auricles are cleaned with a damp cotton swab every week. Eye care includes a weekly eyewash with chamomile tea.
- Teeth cleaning. The procedure is carried out twice a week using a dog’s toothpaste.
- The washing up. The whole animal is washed no more than once every six months. The coat of Japanese dogs repels not only water, but also dirt, so the Shibu Inu stays clean for a long time. For washing, a stream of water is directed against the growth of the wool, and the strands are periodically squeezed. This helps moisture penetrate into the undercoat. Because of the thick fur coat, the pet is dried with absorbent suede and is not taken outside for 8 hours after bathing.
- Combing the Coat. The Shiba Inu molt occurs twice a year and is distinguished by its abundance and duration. A molting dog is combed 3-4 times a week. The rest of the time, procedures are reduced to 1 time per week.
Important. Shiba Inu breeds are not allowed to be shaved as they violate Japanese and international standards.
What to feed the Shibu Inu
You need to feed the Shiba Inu after walking, choosing 1 of the possible options:
- Super-premium dry food or holistic class from the hypoallergenic line. For puppies, the granules should be soaked in warm water.
- Naturally balanced food.
In the second case, the feeding ratio includes vitamin complexes and the following types of products:
- rabbit, beef, duck;
- low-fat sea fish without bones (once a week as a substitute for meat or offal);
- quail eggs, raw or boiled (no more than 1 time per week);
- rice, millet, and buckwheat;
- vegetable oil (no more than 1 tsp. per day);
- fermented milk products with low-fat content (yogurts, cottage cheese, kefir);
- seasonal vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Important. Representatives of the breed are often allergic to chicken and turkey, and grapes and raisins are poison for these dogs.
Feeding frequency depends on age indicators:
|Age (months)||Feeding frequency|
|12||The puppy is fed 5 – 6 times a day|
|2 – 6||From 4 months they feed 3-4 times a day|
|6 – 8||The number of feedings is reduced to 2 – 3 per day|
|8 and more||Sibu is transferred to the diet of an adult dog and fed 2 times a day|
Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Shiba Inu puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Shiba Inu puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Near By States
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Florida
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Georgia
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Pennsylvania
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Virginia
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale California
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale New Jersey
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Ohio
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Colorado
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Iowa
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Illinois
- Shiba Inu Puppies For Sale Massachusetts
Shiba is not suitable for busy and inactive people, as well as owners who have little experience with dogs. The loyalty of the four-legged “samurai” must be earned. Its upbringing will take a lot of time and effort, but all the efforts invested will definitely pay off.