If you live in Alabama and searching for Goldendoodle puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Goldendoodle breeders in Alabama who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Alabama, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Goldendoodle Breeders in Alabama with all of their information.
Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Alabama (AL)
1) Grace Goldens
- Website: Grace Goldens
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gracegoldens
2) Amber Moon Goldendoodles
- Address: Headland, AL
- Website: Amber Moon Goldendoodles
- Phone Number: 334-405-3155
3) Mixon Farm Doodles
- Address: Brewton, AL, United States
- Facebook: Mixon Farm Doodles
- Phone Number: 251-238-7544
4) Mountain Spring Farm
- Address: Springville, AL, United States
- Website: Mountain Spring Farm
- Phone Number: (205) 467-0258
5) Steel City Puppies
- Address: Birmingham, AL
- Website: Steel City Puppies
- Phone: 205-306-7595
Why Buy a Goldendoodle From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Goldendoodle Breed Overview
The Goldendoodle is divided into three varieties: the mini, the medium, and the standard depending on the format of the Poodle with which it is crossed. The standard format measures between 23 and 25 inches at the withers.
The Goldendoodle mini weighs between 12 and 37 pounds, the average between 37 and 50 pounds and the standard exceeds 50 pounds.
- Head: The top of the skull is slightly wider at the back than at the front and slightly arched. The stop is moderate.
- Ears: The front edges of the ears are set well back and about the same level as the eye, and hang near the cheek just below the lower edge of the jaw.
- Eyes: They are oval in shape.
- Coat: Mid-length, the hair is curly or wavy.
- Colors: Mostly golden, the Goldendoodle can however be black, white, gray, copper, cream, apricot, or red.
There is also the Goldendoodle mini which is the result of the cross between a normal Golden Retriever and a miniature poodle. These dogs differ from the standard Goldendoodle for their much smaller size. An average Goldendoodle weighs between 32 and 50 pounds, minis do not exceed 15 pounds. In addition, these dogs are more active and full of energy than their medium and large-sized friends.
When we adopt a Goldendoodle we must keep in mind that there are various types of crosses, which are:
- First-generation crossing called F1: a direct cross between a pure Poodle and a pure Golden.
- Medium crossbreeds F1b: a Goldendoodle is crossed with a Poodle.
- Second generation cross called F2: it is a cross between two Goldendoodles.
Knowing the type of cross is important in order to guarantee the characteristics of our Goldendoodle and at the same time affect the general health of the puppy. It seems that the F1s are more robust than the F1b, while the F2s have safer and more predictable characteristics and guarantee their hypo-allergenic prerogative
How To Choose a Goldendoodle Puppy?
When choosing a puppy, you should pay attention to its appearance. Any discharge from the eyes and a rash on the skin is unacceptable. The puppy must be agile and playful.
If you need a specific variety, it is advisable to choose a puppy from the age of 6 months. It is from this moment that the characteristic features of the breed will be visible. To exclude genetic diseases, it is advisable to purchase puppies from reputable kennels or breeders.
How Much Does a Goldendoodle Puppy Cost in Alabama?
A Goldendoodle puppy in Alabama has an average price of $600-$4000. Some Breeders could even offer Goldendoodle puppies for $8000 or even higher.
The cost of a Goldendoodle puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Goldendoodle Puppy
The Goldendoodle has of course kept the hypoallergenic side of the coat of one of its parents, the Poodle. Thus, it sheds very little hair and therefore requires regular trimming by a professional dog groomer. At least weekly brushing should be done to ensure the beauty and quality of the coat.
Making a menu is a responsible task for the owner. Initially, the owners need to decide what kind of food to give to the pet – natural or dry.
If the choice was made in favor of “natural”, it is important to organize meals in such a way that the diet is rich in proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
Regardless of how old the Goldendoodle is, meat and offal should be present in its daily diet. Boiled eggs can be given to the animal as a source of protein and fat.
Walking and physical activity
Since this breed is energetic and active, walks should be long and regular. If the song gets the proper load, it will start to pour out energy in the apartment. The pet will begin to ruffle toys, gnaw on wires, furniture, shoes.
Training and education
Goldendoodle training involves intellectual exercise. With this dog, you will need to play games and agility sports.
Trained Goldendoodles have an excellent memory, so they can easily memorize hundreds of commands. It is necessary to start working with a puppy from an early age.
You can bathe your dog no more than 2-3 times a month. Special attention should be paid to daily brushing. To take care of your pet, you need to choose cosmetics that will facilitate the care of the coat and prevent it from falling off.
Ears and eyes need constant examination. If you find discharge, you should contact your veterinarian. It is recommended to trim the nails 1-2 times a month.
Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Goldendoodle puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Goldendoodle puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Goldendoodle Breeders Near By Cities
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Georgia
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale Tennessee
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Mississippi
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Alabama
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Kentucky
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Florida
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In North Carolina
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Massachusetts
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Pennsylvanian
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In Ohio
- Goldendoodle Puppies For Sale In California
When choosing a pet, it is important to study all the information about the breed, take into account the peculiarities of the content and the predisposition to diseases.
With the right upbringing and proper care, the Goldendoodle will become a fun and reliable friend for the whole family and lead a long and happy life.