If you’re searching for Russian Blue kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Russian Blue breeders who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Russian Blue Breeders in America with all of their information.
Russian Blue Kittens For Sale Near Me
- Russian Blue Kittens For Sale in New Jersey
- Russian Blue Kittens For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Russian Blue Kittens For Sale in New York
- Russian Blue Kittens For Sale in Florida
- Russian Blue Kittens For Sale in Massachusetts
- Russian Blue Kittens For Sale in Ohio
- Russian Blue Kittens For Sale in California
- Russian Blue Breeders in Kansas
- Russian Kittens for sale in Los Angeles
- Russian Kittens for Sale in NYC
- Russian Kittens for sale in Chicago
Why Buy a Russian Kittens for sale From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Russian Blue Kittens & Cat Breed Overview
The Russian Blue Kittens & Cats are a slender, high-legged cat with a long tail and bright green eyes. Her hallmark is a shiny fur coat of an unusual silvery hue.
The standard, which clearly spells out the basic requirements for the appearance of representatives of the breed, was officially approved in 1939.
Note: spayed and castrated cats are prone to weight gain and can weigh 1.5 times more than prescribed in the breed standard.
A typical Russian blue cat should fit the following description:
- The head is smoothly outlined, of medium size, with a pronounced chin and developed mustache pads. The nose is straight, slightly shorter than the forehead, has a gray-blue lobe.
- The eyes of the animal are painted in a bright green hue. They have an oval shape and a wide set.
- The ears are large and slightly pointed. Slightly inclined towards the muzzle and seem very thin, almost transparent.
- The body is proportional, moderately stretched, with developed muscles.
- The limbs are thin, long, with oval paws. The pads are painted in lilac or pink lavender.
- The tail is long, with a thin rounded end.
Color and coat type
The Russian Blue cat has a dense, thick, two-layer fur coat. Moreover, the down and guard hairs have the same length.
The breed standard allows only one coat color. The coat of the cat has a uniform blue tint with a silvery sheen. The unpainted tips of the hairs reflect the sunlight well, due to which the fur coat of the animal seems even brighter.
Note: blue kittens may have stripes on their fur that disappear as the animals grow older.
How To Choose a Russian Kittens for sale?
It is advisable to buy a Russian Blue from a specialized nursery or from a trusted breeder with an impeccable reputation. At the time of sale, the kitten must have a veterinary passport with vaccination marks and a metric confirming that it belongs to the breed.
A three-month-old blue kitten has green eyes, a straight tail without creases, and a coat with traces of silvering. The physical health of the kitten can be judged by a soft stomach, clear eyes, and clear skin without scratching and redness.
How Much Cost a Russian Russian Kittens for sale ?
A Russian Blue Kitten has an average tag price of $1000–$2200. Some Breeders could even offer Russian Blue Kittens for $2500 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Russian Kittens for sale
The eyes and ears of a cat of this breed are regularly examined for the presence of purulent or foul-smelling secretions and wiped with a moistened cotton pad.
The teeth of the animal are cleaned twice a month with a special brush with a small amount of paste that does not foam. This procedure helps prevent the appearance of yellowish plaque and stone.
Cat’s claws deserve special attention. They are periodically cut with a nail cutter, carefully removing the upper edge of the plate. If during the procedure a living tissue was accidentally touched, the damaged area is treated with hydrogen peroxide.
Although this breed loves water and can spend hours watching it flow from a faucet, they should not be bathed often. Bathing procedures for Russian Blues suit only in case of severe dirtiness or in preparation for exhibitions.
In any other situation, a full wash is replaced by the use of dry shampoos. To make the thick coat look silkier, the cat is combed at least once a week.
Russian Blue Kittens & Cats For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Russian Blue Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Russian Blue Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
The Russian Blue is a beautiful, smart, and very calm cat, whose graceful movements even a ballerina can envy. It’s endowed with a tolerant and benevolent character and perfectly takes root in friendly families with children.