If you live in Pennsylvania and searching for Scottish Fold Kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Scottish Fold breeders in Pennsylvania who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Pennsylvania, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Scottish Fold Breeders in Pennsylvania with all of their information.
Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale in Pennsylvania (PA)
Why Buy a Scottish Fold Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Scottish Fold Breed Overview
The Scottish Fold is a squat cat with well-developed muscles and powerful limbs. The Scottish Fold has a plush fur coat and unusual ears pressed close to the skull.
A detailed description of the Scottish Fold cat breed is presented in European and American standards. But due to the fact that the United States is considered the second homeland of Scottish Folds, most breeders are guided by the requirements of CFA and TICA.
A typical representative of the Scottish cat breed should meet the following description:
- The head is rounded, with a high forehead, a massive strong chin, a short wide nose, and full cheeks.
- The ears are small or medium in size with slightly pointed tips. They come in single, double, or triple-fold. In the Scottish fold of the first type, only the tips of the ears are bent. A cat with a double fold has the whole canvas folded over, but there is a visible gap between the head and ears. The Scottish fold of the third type appears to be earless due to the fact that the ears are fully pressed to the skull.
- The eyes are round, expressive, set wide apart. The color of the iris of the Scottish Fold should be in harmony with the color of the coat.
- The body is medium in size, with a short muscular neck, developed chest, and pronounced shoulders.
- The limbs are in proportion to the overall build with small round paws and movable toes.
- The tail is of medium length, wide at the base, flexible. Tapers gently to a rounded tip.
Color and coat type
The body of the Scottish Fold cat is covered with thick, dense, elastic fur. Due to the fact that the hair does not adhere to the body, the Scottish fold seems fluffy.
The Scottish Fold breed standard provides for a wide color palette. Therefore, the Scottish Fold can have the following color options:
- plain (white, black, cream, red, purple, gray, etc.);
- color point;
On a note. The White Scottish Fold may have blue or golden eyes. The nose and paw pads of such a cat are pigmented with pink. Black and smoky black Scots have golden eyes.
How To Choose a Scottish Fold Kitten?
You should consider buying a kitten from professional breeders or specialized nurseries. And before buying a Scot, it is important to make sure that one of its parents is lop-eared, and the second is with straight ears.
You also need to pay attention to the behavior and living conditions of the kitten. A small Scot should be moderately curious, active, and playful. And in the room where the Scottish fold is kept, it should be clean, light, and warm.
The appearance of a kitten must meet the requirements of a generally recognized standard. It is important that it has clean eyes, ears pressed to its head, plush hair without bald spots, and a soft stomach.
Another characteristic that should not be ignored is the tail of a small Scottish fold. In the Scottish Fold, it should be even and flexible, without creases and thickenings.
How Much is The Average Price of a Scottish Fold Kitten in Pennsylvania?
A Scottish Fold Kitten has an average tag price of $900–$2200. Some Breeders could even offer Scottish Fold Kittens for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Scottish Fold Kitten
The Scottish Fold is an unpretentious cat that does not require special conditions. Scottish Fold needs minimal care, which comes down to basic hygiene, routine vaccinations, and timely veterinary care.
In order for the Scottish Fold to have a neat appearance, it should be provided with proper care:
- The eyes of the Scottish fold are wiped daily with a napkin dipped in boiled water or chamomile broth.
- The cat’s ears are gently cleaned of accumulated dirt twice a week. To do this, they are instilled with a special lotion, and then wiped with a damp cotton pad.
- Scottish fold teeth are cleaned 3-4 times a month with a silicone brush with a small amount of non-foaming paste.
- The claws of the Scottish fold are trimmed as necessary with a nail cutter so as not to touch living tissues.
The Scottish Fold requires the same care as any other shorthair cat. it’s the only one of all felines who loves to be scratched the wrong way. To keep the Scottish Fold’s plush coat looking neat, it is brushed weekly with a metal-toothed comb.
On a note. Scottish fold is not recommended to be combed out with a slicker brush. It has a bad effect on the structure of cat hair.
Bathe the Scot once a quarter using shampoos for short-haired breeds. Upon completion of the bath procedures, the Scottish fold is carefully wiped with a terry towel and dried with a hairdryer.
Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Scottish Fold Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Scottish Fold Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale Near By States
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale In California
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale In Florida
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale In New York
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale In North Carolina
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale in Illinois
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale in Michigan
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale in Massachusetts
- Scottish Fold Kittens For Sale in New Jersey
Scottish Folds are cute cats with a harmless calm character. The naive-surprised look of huge round eyes and ears tightly pressed to the head make them look like owls.
A phlegmatic temperament and the absence of difficulties in keeping further contribute to the popularization of the breed.
Last Updated on April 1, 2022 by Amanda Wheatley