If you live in New Jersey and searching for Exotic Shorthair Kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Exotic Shorthair breeders in New Jersey who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in New Jersey, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Exotic Shorthair Breeders in New Jersey with all of their information.
Top 3 Best Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale in New Jersey (NJ)
1) KHLOE’S KITTENS
- Address: Franklin St, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009, United States
- Website: http://www.khloeskittens.com/
- Phone Number: (201) 398-6766
- Address: Gloucester City, New Jersey, United States
- Website: https://chonilee.com/
- Phone Number: 1-704-419-2036
3) Crowned Jewels
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/crownedcats?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Contact: +1 479-719-8446
Why Buy an Exotic Shorthair Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Exotic Shorthair Breed Overview
The exotic cat is a well-balanced cat with a strong, somewhat heavy bone. The breed standard fully duplicates the requirements for the Persians , with the exception of the paragraph on the length and structure of the coat.
A typical Exotic Shorthair should meet the following description:
- The head is round, massive with a developed chin, full cheeks, and wide strong jaws. The nose is short and upturned.
- The ears are small, set wide apart, with rounded tips, slightly tilted forward.
- The eyes are expressive, protruding, rounded. They are located far from each other. The color of the eyes is in harmony with the shade of the coat. In exotic animals with a color-point color, the iris can only be blue.
- The body is without signs of obesity, squat, with developed muscles, massive shoulders, and a broad chest.
- The limbs are short, thick, strong, with large, rounded paws.
- The tail is carried below the level of the back, flat, without bends, in proportion to the length of the body.
Color and type of coat
The body of the exotic is covered with a soft, silky, tight-fitting awn, the length of which does not exceed 0.80 inches. Under it, there is a thick undercoat that can provide reliable protection from the cold.
The breed standard allows for many colors with the exception of light beige and cinnamon. The most common are tortoiseshell, bicolor, and tricolor individuals. But solid colors of exotic cats, such as black or blue (gray), are considered rare.
On a note. White exotic can have multi-colored eyes. Heterochromia is also permissible in individuals with the color van, harlequin and bicolor.
How To Choose an Exotic Shorthair Kitten?
Since this is a fairly popular cat breed, it will not be difficult to buy an exotic cat. When buying a cat you need to choose a trusted breeder or a specialized nursery.
At the time of sale, exotic kittens must have documents confirming that they belong to the breed and have vaccinations. The first impression about the character of an animal can be formed by observing how it behaves in a familiar environment. And the health of a potential pet is judged by its appearance.
An exotic shorthaired kitten should have clear eyes, clean ears, soft hair without bald spots, and smooth skin without scratching and breakouts.
On a note. A bloated kitten’s abdomen may indicate a helminthic invasion. Dirt under the tail and stench from the mouth are signs of digestive problems.
How Much is The Average Price of an Exotic Shorthair Kitten in New Jersey?
An Exotic Shorthair Kitten has an average tag price of $1300–$2400. Some Breeders could even offer Exotic Shorthair Kittens for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For an Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic shorthairs are highly adaptable to different conditions. Cats of this breed live without any problems in small apartments and in spacious country houses. The main thing is that they have their own corner for relaxation. It is better to equip it closer to the owners so that exotics feel protected.
To make the cat look neat, it’s provided with full care:
- Exotic ears are weekly cleaned of accumulated dust and dirt. For this, a special agent is buried in each of them. After a few minutes, the exotic ears are gently wiped with a cotton pad or clean cloth.
- Cat’s eyes are examined daily for uncharacteristic discharge. If necessary, they are gently wiped with a moistened cotton pad.
- The exotic shorthaired teeth are cleaned 2-3 times a month with a non-foaming paste and a silicone brush or a special nozzle. This simple procedure will help prevent plaque and tartar formation.
- Exotic claws are shortened as necessary with a claw cutter. This is done very carefully so as not to injure living tissue and cause pain to the cat.
Exotics are short-haired animals that do not require such professional care of their fur coat as their closest relative, the Persian cat. To make them look attractive, it is enough to comb out their fur twice a week with a special metal comb.
Exotic are bathed no more than 3-4 times a year. Bath procedures are carried out in a warm room, away from drafts. The exotic shorthair should be washed with a special shampoo and rinsed thoroughly with clean water. The cat is then dried off with a towel and, if necessary, dried with a hairdryer.
Exotic Shorthair Cats For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Exotic Shorthair Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Exotic Shorthair Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale Near By States
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale In California
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale In Pennsylvania
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale In Florida
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale In Florida
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale In New York
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale In Texas
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale Ohio
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale Massachusetts
- Exotic Shorthair Kittens For Sale Georgia
Exotic Shorthair is an attractive cat that looks like a plush toy. Unusual appearance, combined with a gentle nature and moderately active temperament, make it an ideal companion for families with children and single people who spend a lot of time at home.