Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Domestic Shorthair Cat Kitten, and you live In the Vancouver, BC area? However, you will want to choose reputable Domestic Shorthair Kittens for sale in Vancouver Breeders who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Vancouver, BC With Kittens & Cats for Sale, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Domestic Shorthair Cat Breeders in Vancouver With Kittens & Cats for Sale with all of their information.
Best Domestic Shorthair Cat Breeders In Vancouver, BC With Kittens for Sale
3) BCBLUES Cattery
- Address: Abbotsford, BC Canada
- Website: https://www.bcblues.net/
Guide To The Best Domestic Shorthair Kittens for sale Near Me
- Find More about the Domestic Shorthair Cat …
- This great Domestic Shorthair Cat information that might be able to help.
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Domestic Short-Haired Cat Breed Overview
Domestic short-haired are cats with small legs with a stretched flexible body and an extremely low fit. Due to the relative youth of the breed, its standard has not been finally formed and is periodically adjusted.
Short-legged Domestic short-haired cats must comply with the following description:
- The head is relatively wide, shaped like a modified wedge with rounded contours and a firm chin. The cheekbones are high, the forehead is flat, the nose is of medium length with a slight deflection.
- The eyes are large and set wide apart. They resemble a walnut in shape. Eye color is green, yellow, or blue. It does not depend on color.
- The ears are wide at the base, tapering smoothly towards the rounded tips. They have a vertical set and visually resemble a triangle.
- The body is flexible, moderately stretched with well-developed muscles and a slightly raised croup.
- The limbs are straight, short, with fingers gathered into a lump. The hind legs of the Domestic short-haired are slightly longer than the front ones.
- The tail is of medium thickness with a rounded, tapered tip. When moving, short-footed cats keep it in an upright position.
Color and type of coat
In the breed, there is a division into varieties depending on the length of the guard hair:
- Long-haired Domestic short-haired with an eye-catching collar and a plumed tail. These short-footed animals have a silky awn. Under the topcoat of fluffy cats, there is a moderately developed underfur.
- Short-haired Domestic short-haired with plush topcoat and moderately dense undercoat.
The breed standard for cats with short legs does not provide for color restrictions. The most common Domestic short-haired cat is:
Long-haired short-legged cats are often bicolor often have Siamese and patterned colors.
Possible breed defects
Disadvantages, in the presence of which short-legged cats will not receive a high expert assessment for the exterior:
- Round eyes;
- cow-set limbs;
- curly wool;
- short, stocky body;
- round head;
- understated or saggy croup;
- protruding sternum;
- an overly short or long nose.
How To Choose a Domestic short-haired Kittens for sale From a Breeder?
For a small Domestic short-haired, it is better to contact a trusted breeder or a specialized nursery. At the time of sale, short-legged kittens must have documents confirming their belonging to the breed, and a veterinary passport with marks of vaccinations.
It is important to pay attention to the conditions of detention, exterior, and behavior of the kittens. Short-legged cats must not have defects that are not allowed in the breed standard.
The health of Domestic short-haired Cats can be judged by the absence of dirt under the tail, an unpleasant odor from the mouth, and scratching of the skin. The kitten should have clear eyes, clean ears, and a soft belly.
On a note. A swollen belly is a sure sign that an animal is infected with worms.
How Much is Average Price of a Domestic short-haired Kittens for sale in Vancouver, BC?
A Domestic short-haired Kittens & Cats for Sale in Vancouver, BC has an average tag price of $500-$1800. Some Breeders could even offer Domestic short-haired Kittens for $2500 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Domestic short-haired Kittens Care Supplies and Costs in Vancouver, BC?
|ID Tag and Collar||$15|
|Nail Clipper (optional)||$10|
Caring For a Domestic short-haired Kittens for sale
Taking care of a little Domestic short-haired Kittens & Cats is no more difficult than looking after a kitten of any other breed:
- The short-legged pet is given some time to adapt to the new home and shown where the bowls of food and water are.
- Also, a Domestic short-haired is immediately taught to use a scratching post, relieve itself in a tray and play only with its toys.
- Since the short-legged kitten is very curious, wires, houseplants, household chemicals, small and fragile things are hidden from him.
- In order not to accidentally injure Domestic short-haired cat, before turning on the washing machine or oven, it is imperative to check whether the pet is hiding there.
To avoid digestive problems, the short-footed cat is initially fed with what it ate from the breeder. New ingredients are introduced into the diet of Domestic short-haired gradually, carefully monitoring the reaction of its body.
The feeding schedule for a pet with short legs is developed taking into account the age of the ward:
- up to 3 months – 5 times a day;
- 4-11 months – 3-4 times a day.
One-year-old short-footed cats eat twice a day.
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Domestic short-haired Cat.
Domestic short-haired Kittens & Cats are sociable animals with an attractive appearance and good-natured disposition. Funny and playful short-legged cats will be great companions for both single people and families with children.
Last Updated on November 1, 2023 by Amanda Wheatley