If you live in North Carolina and searching for Devon Rex kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Devon Rex breeders in North Carolina who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in North Carolina, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Devon Rex Breeders in North Carolina with all of their information.
Devon Rex Kittens For Sale in North Carolina (NC)
Why Buy a Devon Rex Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Devon Rex Breed Overview
Devon Rexes are exotic and memorable in appearance. They have expressive large eyes, huge locator ears and curled mustaches. But the main business card of the Devon Rex is a curly coat. The description of the breed is presented in a generally recognized standard.
The classic representative of the Devon Rex cat breed must comply with the following description:
- The head is small, wedge-shaped, with a short muzzle, a neat nose, a massive chin and rounded cheeks. The stop is clearly visualized.
- The eyes are large, oval, set wide apart. The iris is colored green or yellow, in harmony with the color of the coat. Color-point Devons may have blue eyes.
- The ears are large in size, wide at the base with rounded tips. The outer part is covered with fine short hair.
- The body is flexible, graceful with a thin bone, a graceful neck and a massive broad chest.
- The limbs are very long, slender with small oval paws.
- The tail is covered with short hair, long, with a rounded tip.
Color and type of coat
Devon Rex has a soft, short, slightly curly bristles of varying densities. A thinner coat grows on the chest, neck and belly of the cat. On the face, sides, tail and back of the Devonian, the fur is much thicker.
By standard, curly cats can be of any color. Devon Rexes are:
- Monochrome. In this case, the cat’s coat is uniformly colored red, cream, white, chocolate, blue, black or any other shade.
- Bicolors. This color is a combination of black or any other base color with white.
- Color point.
How To Choose a Devon Rex Kitten?
Devon Rex is a rather rare breed, and in order not to buy a “pig in a poke”, it is better to look for a kitten in certified catteries or from trusted breeders. Before purchasing, it is advisable to make sure that the curly-haired kitten has all the necessary documents confirming that this is not a mix breed, and to evaluate the conditions of its detention.
The kitten should be moderately well-fed, active and tidy. It is important that it has a soft belly, curly hair, clear eyes, clean ears, and smooth skin.
On a note. A healthy Devon Rex kitten should not have an unpleasant odor from the mouth, dirt in the ears or under the tail.
How Much is The Average Price of a Devon Rex Kitten in North Carolina?
A Devon Rex Kitten has an average tag price of $1200–$2000. Some Breeders could even offer Devon Rex Kittens for $2500 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Devon Rex Kitten
Due to the lack of a dense undercoat, the Devon’s fur seal does not tolerate low temperatures. Therefore, it is better to keep it in a warm room, away from dampness and drafts.
In general, caring for cats of this breed comes down to regular hygiene and proper feeding. To make Devon Rex look neat, they are systematically subjected to simple procedures:
- The large ears of a curly cat are cleaned of accumulated dirt and dust on a weekly basis. The inner surface of the Devon Rex shell is wiped with a soft cloth dipped in a special alcohol-free lotion, and the ear canal is gently treated with a cotton swab.
- In the corners of the eyes of a curly cat, secretions accumulate, which must be removed. They are wiped daily with a cotton swab dipped in boiled water or chamomile broth.
- The claws of the Devon Rex are shortened with a claw cutter as they grow back. The procedure is carried out as carefully as possible so as not to touch living tissues and not cause pain to the curly cat.
- Devonian teeth need periodic cleaning. They are treated with a non-foaming paste 2-3 times a month, which is applied to a special attachment or a silicone brush.
- The curly coat of the Devon Rex is covered with a special grease, an excess of which leads to clumping of hairs. Therefore, cats of this breed need regular washing. They are bathed with special shampoos without the use of moisturizing conditioners.
On a note. Curly Devonian coats must not be blow-dried. Hot air spoils the cover, making it fluffy. It is also not recommended to comb cats of this breed so as not to damage fragile hairs.
Devon Rex Cats For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Devon Rex Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Devon Rex Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Devon Rex are unusual cats with an extraordinary appearance and a light docile disposition. Representatives of the breed do not require complex care and special conditions of detention.
All this, in addition to subtle molting, makes Devon Rex ideal pets for families with children and for single people.
If you like this post, be sure to check out our daily updates for more breeders & trainers.