If you live in Texas and searching for Samoyed puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Samoyed breeders in Texas who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Texas, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Samoyed Breeders in Texas with all of their information.
Samoyed Puppies For Sale In Texas (TX)
1) Metak Samoyeds
Metak (me-talk) Samoyeds is located in south Texas tucked away in a grove of oak tree’s. This is where it all began.
Each of the Samoyed’s below kept me on a path for the passion and knowledge they have of this beautiful breed. They were a big part of their life teaching me so much along the way and taking me to new places. They not only got to know the Samoyed during this period but each one is the reason they are who they are today.
2) TNT Samoyeds
TNT Samoyeds was established in 1989 after the marriage of Tom and Toni Maurer. Tom, a transplanted Northeasterner devoted to both sledding and showing, had already been in the breed since the early ’70s. Toni’s involvement with dogs dates from 1979 putting obedience titles on both her Belgian Sheepdog and her Siberian Husky, and a Champion title on her Belgian.
The two Samoyeds that formed the foundation of the Maurers’ breeding program were acquired in 1989 (BISS Ch. K-Way’s Star Dancer of TNT (STAR) and 1990 (Ch. K-Ways Rainbow Maker of TNT(CRYSTAL) from Bob and Wanda Krauss of K-Ways Samoyeds.
They have been showing ever since with great success. In the last 10 years they also certified I dogs with Therapy Dog International and have a great time going to Librarys Nursing homes and to Angelo State University with out athreapy dogs.
With all of the dog Shows they go to, they decied to join the Stewards Club of Dallas and hae been Stewarding in Conformation, Obedience and Rally. Tom was chosen by the SCA to be the Ring Steward for Samoyeds at the first AKC National Dog Show. It was a great honor. They also stewarded at for the SCA National Specialty at South Fork, Texas. They steward for 20 to 25 all bread dog show a year.
- Address: 5913 Stratford Ave, San Angelo, TX 76901, United States
- Website: http://tntsamoyeds.com/
- Phone Number: +13252277322
3) Wild Spirit Samoyeds
Their first-love Samoyed was born in May of 2000, but they didn’t meet him until August 13, 2000. They answered a puppy ad in the newspaper for a male Samoyed and piled the kids into the car to go meet him. He was a fluffy white ball of love at first sight.
The kids ran around with him and chased him hill and dale (and he them) and there was no way they were leaving that property without him. He came home with them that day, a purebred, but not AKC registered Samoyed who they decided was to be named Juno. They had just begun what would become a very active pastime of hiking with their children Nicholas and Ashley (9 and 7 at that time), so mountains and mountainous areas were something they were all drawn to. Having owned a Siberian Husky for 7 years by this time, they had an affinity for Alaskan type names for their Northern Breed Dogs. “Kita” was their first Siberian, followed by “Kojak,” (an accidental Siberian Husky adoptee whose time with them was very short comparatively) and now Juno would be the new addition. The theme of their breed type and naming convention was set.
- Address: Austin, Texas, United States
- Website: https://wildspiritsamoyeds.com
4) UAKEA Samoyeds
They are located in central Texas and have owned and loved Samoyeds since January 1993. They are members of the Samoyed Club of America, Inc. (SCA) and Samoyed Club of Austin (SCAustin) and enjoy participating in conformation competitions at AKC sanctioned events on a limited basis.
Prior to their March 22, 2016 litter, it had been nearly 14 years since their last. During the intervening years they remained active in the breed by welcoming into their home foster dogs and dogs from breeders in Texas.
- Address: Central Texas, United States
- Website: https://www.uakeasams.com
5) Galaxy Samoyeds
- Address: Abilene, Texas, United States
- Website: https://galaxysams.com
Why Buy a Samoyed From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Samoyed Breed Overview
The Samoyed is a medium-sized white husky with luxurious coat, a smile on the face and a muscular yet graceful build. Dogs have thick fur: long main hair and a very thick undercoat. The breed standard was first formulated in England in 1909. The first kennel of Samoyed dogs was founded there by the zoologist Ernst Kilburn-Scott
characteristics of the Samoyed breed:
- The head is massive, wedge-shaped.
- The muzzle is elongated, tapering towards the nose.
- The nose is black with well-developed nostrils. In some Samoyeds, it is brown or flesh-colored. Sometimes, at certain times of the year, the lobe may become discolored. In all these cases, its edging must be black.
- Scissor bite.
- The ears are thick, small, erect, mobile, set high, and set wide apart. They have a triangular shape and slightly rounded tips.
- The eyes are almond-shaped, widely spaced, and deep-set, brown with black edging.
- The lips are black. Their corners are slightly raised, so it seems that the dog is smiling.
- The neck is strong, not too long, with a bend.
- The chest is deep, powerful, and wide.
- The back is straight and muscular.
Important! Samoyed Laika Females have slightly longer backs than boys.
- The limbs are of medium length, straight, parallel, with developed muscles.
- Feet are oval, with slightly bent arched toes, covered with hair.
- The tail is not long, densely covered with hair, rolled over the back or curled to one side.
- The wool is two-layer. The guard hair is hard, dense, straight, long, and the undercoat is short and soft. On the neck, the wool forms a fluffy “collar”, and on the hind legs – “pants”.
- The color of the coat is snow-white or with faint red blotches, giving it a creamy or biscuit shade. The brownish color of any shade is considered non-conforming to the standard.
Varieties of Samoyed Laika
Representatives of the Samoyed Laika breed are of the following types:
- Wolf type – these dogs have a more robust constitution, a large head, a shortened muzzle, and small, rounded ears.
- Bear type – Samoyeds of this type have a leaner physique, a not too large head, which has a slightly elongated, wedge-shaped shape.
How To Choose a Samoyed Puppy?
When choosing a Samoyed puppy, you need to carefully study not only the documents, habits, and character of the parents of the puppy you like but also the main features and characteristics of the Samoyed Laika breed. You also need to decide on the goals of acquiring a puppy; participation in exhibitions, sledding sports, or just a pet.
In addition, it’s important to pay attention to the appearance of the puppy – it must be active, courageous, well-fed, and outwardly healthy. It is advisable to purchase a puppy at the age of 10-12 weeks. By this age, the puppy will already have all the necessary vaccinations and documents.
How Much Does a Samoyed Puppy Cost in Texas?
A Samoyed puppy in Texas has an average price of $590-$1500. Some Breeders could even offer Samoyed puppies for $3200 or even higher.
The cost of a Samoyed puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Samoyed Puppy
The Samoyed Laika is an unpretentious dog, the care and maintenance of which will not require enormous efforts from its owner. They feel great both in an aviary in the backyard of a country house and in an apartment. When kept indoors, the pet’s place should be in a cool part of the home.
Important! During hot season, it is advisable to walk the dog in the morning and in the evening, when there is no scorching sun, in order to avoid overheating.
Hygienic care for the Samoyed Laika is not complicated and, in addition to washing and grooming the coat, comes down to cleaning the eyes, ears, and teeth, and trimming the claws. You need to accustom your pet to these mandatory procedures from a very early age.
Training and education
Samoyed dogs have a well-developed intellect, so they are easy to train. If training takes place in a playful way, the Samoyed will learn new commands and skills much faster.
The upbringing and training of the puppy should begin almost from the first days of its stay in the new home. To do this, the owner must build a hierarchy, becoming an unconditional authority for the Samoyed. The rest of the household should follow the parenting style chosen by the owner, not allowing indulgences.
The coat of this snow-white Samoyed needs careful care. Owners need to teach their Samoyed to wash, cut, and comb from an early age.
Samoyed molt twice a year. Each molt lasts approximately 3 weeks. At this time, their old undercoat is completely renewed, so the coat often falls out in clumps. During molting, the dog needs daily brushing. At the end of this period, it is enough to comb out the Samoyed 2-3 times a week.
It is strictly forbidden to cut and shave a Samoyed because, during the cold season, the coat is for them as protection from hypothermia, and in summer – from overheating. Instead of shaving, it is recommended to trim between the toes and in the groin area.
Too frequent washing of Samoyeds is contraindicated, as this can cause the coat to lose its shine and ability to self-cleaning. Bathing white fluffy Samoyeds is desirable 1-2 times a year. To prevent contamination of the coat in dirty weather, you can purchase a special jumpsuit for your pet.
Samoyed Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Samoyed puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Samoyed puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Samoyed Puppies For Sale Near By States
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Pennsylvania
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Mississippi
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Kentucky
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Wisconsin
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Georgia
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Illinois
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale New Jersey
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Florida
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale Michigan
- Samoyed Puppies For Sale California
The Samoyed Laika will become a faithful friend for all family members. These snow-white beauties need careful grooming, long walks, and a lot of attention from the owners.
There is never a lot of attention in a relationship with this dog! In return, they will give their owners much more – boundless love and devotion.