If you live in New York and searching for Husky puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Husky breeders in New York who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in New York, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Husky Breeders in New York with all of their information.
Husky Puppies For Sale In Kansas (KS)
1) Siberian Husky & Golden Retriever Puppies NY-Private Breeder
- Address: 24 Robin Dr, Hauppauge, NY 11788, United States
- Website: https://siberianhuskypuppieslongisland.com/
- Phone: +16317607908
Why Buy a Husky From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Husky Breed Overview
Huskies are very beautiful, harmoniously developed dogs of medium size with thick hair, which are able to withstand the most severe frosts. The breed is quite popular, but black-gray-white puppies, reminiscent of their ancient ancestors – wolves, have received the main distribution among amateurs.
Few people know that in addition to such a familiar color, the color can be different:
- red or even black.
A characteristic feature is the presence of a black or white mask.
- Height – 19-23 inches (males are usually larger).
- Weight – 40-70 pounds.
- The head is of medium size, proportional, triangular in shape (tapers from the ears to the eyes), the muzzle is elongated.
- The eyes are almond-shaped, bright blue, blue, gray, or brown.
- Ears – in the form of triangles, close to each other.
- Nose – black, gray, pink streaks are allowed.
- Teeth – white, large, scissor bite.
- Chest – wide, strong.
- The back is flat and straight.
- Tail – like a fox, hanging, not wrapped in a ring.
- The limbs are moderately spaced, muscular, paws are medium.
- Coat – straight hair, thick undercoat.
The dog has developed muscles. Often there are puppies with congenital heterochromia when the eyes differ in color from each other, but this is not considered a disadvantage.
How To Choose a Husky Puppy?
When transferring a puppy, the breeder will tell you about the care, conclude a contract of sale, and also issue a pedigree, registration, and a veterinary passport, which contains all the information about vaccinations and anthelmintic procedures.
What to look for when choosing a puppy
First of all, it is worth looking at the entire litter to evaluate how the puppies interact with each other:
- Don’t choose an overly timid puppy. With age, it can become too shy, which is not typical for a purebred representative of the breed.
- Healthy puppies will jump, howl in greeting and try to play even with a stranger. This behavior is normal for hyperactive huskies.
- Some puppies may try to suppress their siblings. Such behavior is a variant of the norm. However, it is necessary to deal with such babies as early as possible in order to correct unwanted moments. If this is missed, the dog will grow up uncontrollable.
It is also important to evaluate the appearance of the puppies. They should be plump, with clear eyes and a shiny coat.
How to determine the breed of a puppy
Huskies are harmoniously built muscular dogs. The breed standard defines the following data:
- Growth – up to 23 inches at the withers. Husky weight varies from 42 to 67 pounds. Males are always larger than females. It is enough to look at the puppy’s parents to understand whether they correspond to the indicated dimensions or not.
- The head is medium, tapering from the occiput to the eyes. The muzzle is proportional. The color of the earlobe depends on the color.
- Eye color in purebred huskies varies from gray and blue to brown. Heterochromia is allowed. The eyes themselves are almond-shaped.
- Husky’s ears are triangular, small, and close-set (puppies’ ears stand up at the age of 3-4 months).
- Lips are tight. The teeth are strong and white. Scissor bite.
- The chest is medium, strong, and deep.
- Tail “fox”. Hangs down or curves like a sickle (depending on the mood of the dog). Deviation if the tail falls to one side or lies along the spine.
- The coat is medium (“long” is not the norm), straight, very soft, with a thick undercoat. The color is varied: “wolf”, black, white (not to be confused with albinos, the latter can be distinguished by light lips and iris), gray-white, red. The color of the muzzle is in the form of “glasses” or “masks”.
All these qualities are visible in puppies from an early age.
How Much Does a Husky Puppy Cost in New York?
A Husky puppy in New York has an average price of $800-$1800. Some Breeders could even offer Husky puppies for $2500 or even higher.
The cost of a Husky puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Husky Puppy
Caring for the Siberian Husky is not difficult. Puppies from a very young age are clean and easily accustomed to urination in a designated place, and then on the street.
A prerequisite for keeping a puppy in an apartment is the organization of walking and active movement. At first, it is better to walk on a leash, but then you need to organize the puppy the opportunity to run.
When walking with a leash, you should protect the dog from injury: the puppy often actively rushes forward and can injure his neck with a collar. The leash for a walk must be attached to the harness.
The coat of the Siberian Husky is not only beautiful but also practically does not smell and does not get wet. it’s able to protect in the most severe frosts. While the puppy is small, his coat requires special care. If during a walk the dog got caught in the rain, upon returning home, the puppy’s coat should be blotted with a towel. An adult dog is practically not afraid of rain, it feels great even under a downpour.
Huskies need to be combed regularly to remove dead hair. It is advisable to carry out this procedure weekly. It is also required to periodically inspect the puppy after walking, so as not to miss the thorns or tangles.
To care for the pet’s coat, the owner will need a comb with wide teeth, a plier, a soft massage brush, and a comb with long bristles.
During shedding, brushing more frequently and using a hairdryer weekly to remove dead hair with a jet of air is helpful.
It is impossible to cut puppies, their coat is arranged in such a way that in winter it retains heat, and in summer, on the contrary, it cools. Grooming can disrupt this heat exchange and cause the dog to overheat in the summer.
Husky Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Husky puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Husky puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
One can talk endlessly about the characteristics of Siberian Huskies and their features: they are kind, energetic, and lively dogs with amazing qualities. Almost a hundred years ago, under the statue of Balto – the most famous husky in the world – was engraved: “Endurance, devotion, intelligence.” This is the best, concise and truthful description of the Siberian Husky.