Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Doberman Pinscher dog, and you live In the Georgia (GA) area? However, you will want to choose reputable Doberman breeders in Georgia who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Georgia (GA), I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in Georgia with all of their information.
Top 8 Doberman Pinscher Breeder in Georgia (GA)
Why Buy a Doberman From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Doberman Breed Overview
The Doberman Pinscher has earned a controversial reputation – many people believe that it is an aggressive and ruthless killer. However, a person keeping such a pet will definitely say that this is the most wonderful dog in the world.
Representatives of this breed are noble and graceful. They are strong, muscular, confident animals of medium size without a hint of massiveness or ponderousness. The Doberman is a medium to medium-large breed.
The official description of the Doberman Pinscher :
- The head is strong and harmonious. The stop is well defined, but not too sharp.
- The muzzle is wide enough. Its length is approximately equal to the length of the cranium. The Doberman’s grin reaches the molars.
- The nose has wide nostrils, the color of the lobe matches the suit.
- The jaws are strong, closed in a scissor bite.
- The eyes are medium, oval. Dark pigmentation of the iris is encouraged. Dogs with yellow eyes or heterochromia are disqualified.
- Doberman ears are set high and upright and must be cropped.
- The neck is graceful, dry, with well-developed muscles.
- The chest is convex, the back, loin, and croup are muscular, the abdomen is well tucked up.
- The tail is high, docked at the level of the second vertebra. In countries where docking is prohibited, it remains in its natural form.
- The limbs are straight, perpendicular to the ground.
Doberman dogs move in a straightforward, energetic, and sweeping manner, well extending the front legs and powerfully pushing off the hind legs. The most comfortable gait is the canter.
How To Choose a Doberman Puppy?
Before buying, you should find out everything about Dobermans in order to understand whether this breed is suitable for you. It is advisable to consult with other owners, visit mono breed shows, and personally communicate with these dogs.
Important. The characteristics of the Doberman are more dependent on upbringing than on the innate qualities of the puppy.
Pedigree Doberman puppies purchased from a proven kennel are distinguished by good health and balanced temperament. Unscrupulous sellers often breed sick dogs or animals with mental disabilities.
A responsible breeder always keeps Doberman puppies in a clean enclosure. Not worth mentioning are breeders trying to sell puppies too early. Pets should be supervised by their mother for up to 2 months. If a breeder wants to sell dogs that are barely 4-5 weeks old, it is better to opt for another kennel.
Healthy Doberman puppies are mobile, playful, and curious. They have a shiny and smooth coat, clean eyes and ears, an attentive and lively look. Dogs show a sincere interest in everything that happens, they are not afraid of strangers.
You should talk to the breeder and:
- find out in what conditions Doberman puppies grew;
- how old are their parents;
- whether the dogs have hereditary diseases.
Do not hesitate to ask for documents.
To choose the right Doberman puppy, it is advisable to examine several litters and compare different puppies. Cynologists do not recommend buying dogs if half of them are already sold out – the best pets are usually picked up first.
Average Price of a Doberman Puppy in Georgia?
A Doberman puppy in Georgia has an average tag price of $1000-$2000. Some Breeders could even offer Doberman puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the pup’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Doberman Puppy
As a rule, two or three puppies are born with-in-a litter. The pups are born blind, feed on mother’s milk. Feeding can begin when the Boston Terrier puppies are three weeks old. It consists of cow and goat milk, you can give milk to puppies up to 5 months old.
By two months, the puppies feed on their own. At this age, they can move to a new home. Milk porridge, low-fat cottage cheese, kefir, and fermented baked milk are added to the diet.
At two months old, a Boston puppy needs to be fed 5-6 times a day. The number of meals should be gradually reduced, and new foods should be carefully introduced into the diet. At six months, the puppy should eat twice a day.
Caring for a Doberman Pinscher will not be difficult even for beginners. The breed practically does not shed and does not have a specific smell. But some hygiene procedures are still necessary for dogs.
In the warm season, representatives of the breed can be in a spacious aviary. With the onset of cold weather, the dog must be allowed into the house, since, due to the short fur, the Doberman is not able to live outside in winter. But in the apartment, the Doberman will not feel embarrassed.
However, keeping a Doberman will require some effort: an active and intelligent dog doesn’t; only need physical but also intellectual stress. The owner of this breed will have to allocate time every day for educational games and training.
Doberman puppies, like adult dogs, should not eat pastries and flour products, spicy, fatty, pickled, fried, and salty foods. Fish and tubular bones are prohibited – they can injure the esophagus.
On a note. If Doberman puppies refuse to eat, you should immediately contact your veterinarian. Loss of appetite is the first sign of illness.
Doberman Puppies For Sale in Georgia
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Doberman puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Doberman puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Doberman Breeders Other States
- Doberman Breeders In California
- Doberman Breeders In Florida
- Doberman Breeders In New York
- Doberman Breeders In New Jersey
- Doberman Breeders In Kentucky
- Doberman Breeders In Iowa
- Doberman Breeders In Massachusetts
- Doberman Breeders In Michigan
- Doberman Breeders In North Carolina
- Doberman Breeders In Indiana
- Doberman Breeders In Oregon
- Doberman Breeders In Wisconsin
- Doberman Breeders In Tennessee
- Doberman Breeders In Washington
- Doberman Breeders In Illinois
- Doberman Breeders In Missouri
- Doberman Breeders In West Virginia
- Doberman Breeders In Pittsburgh
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Doberman puppy.
The Doberman breed surprisingly combines intelligence, dedication, fearlessness, strength, and grace. It is a born guard, a loyal friend of the family, and a first-class service dog.