Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Yorkshire Terriers dog, and you live In the Michigan State area? However, you will want to choose reputable Yorkshire Terriers breeders in Michigan who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Michigan, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in Michigan with all of their information.
Top 7 Yorkshire Terriers Breeders In Michigan
1) Yorkies of Western Michigan
- Address: 336 N Division St, Marshall, MI 49068, United States
- Phone: +17347487675
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://yorkiesofwesternmichigan.com
- Directions: Yorkies of Western Michigan
2) One River Ranch
- Address: Clare, MI 48617, USA
- Phone Number:+19894290632
- Website: http://www.oneriverranch.com
3) Mid Michigan Yorkies
- Address: 1781 W Fenwick Rd, Fenwick, MI 48834, United States
- Phone Number: +19892483296
- Directions: Mid Michigan Yorkies
4) Priceless Yorkie Puppy
- Address: 115 W Wilkins St, Jackson, MI 49203, United States
- Website: http://www.pricelessyorkiepuppy.com/
- Phone Number: +15177960259
- Directions: Priceless Yorkie Puppy
5) Love on a Leash Yorkies
- Address: Holland, Michigan 49424, United States
- Phone Number: +16164036392
- Website: https://loveonaleashyorkies.com/
- Directions: Love on a Leash Yorkies
6) Weaver’s Pets
- Address:4320 Tuttle Rd, Leslie, MI 49251, United States
- Phone Number: +15178850446
- Facebook: Weaver’s Pets
- Directions: Weaver’s Pets
7) Puppy Home Match
- Address: 360 E Maple Rd suite v, Troy, MI 48083, United States
- Website: http://www.puppyhomematch.com/
- Phone Number: +15869146129
- Directions: Puppy Home Match
Why Buy a Yorkshire Terriers From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Yorkshire Terriers Breed Overview
Yorkshire Terrier (York) is a popular decorative breed, one of the ten smallest dogs in the world. And although this adorable doggie descended from hunting dogs, now it is only raised as a pet. And this is quite understandable: because of the small size of a Yorkie, it is convenient to keep in a city apartment.
Yorkshire Terrier is a compact and graceful dog. Its Posture is emphatically proud and important. The dog looks strong and balanced.
Yorkshire Terrier sizes:
- weight does not exceed 8 pounds;
- growth – up to 9 inches.
Due to the admixture of other breeds, the Yorkie often grows up to be a large dog. Some breeders deliberately underfeed their puppies to keep them from getting too big. This is a gross violation that negatively affects the health of the pet. The Yorkshire Terrier weight table below will help you choose a thoroughbred and full-fledged pet.
There is an unspoken division of Yorkshire Terriers by size:
- supermini (micro) – the smallest Yorkshire terrier: weight ranges from 2.25 g to 3.75 pounds, these dogs are very fragile and weak, they are not allowed for breeding;
- mini-york is not so tiny, but its weight does not exceed 4.5 pounds; this dog is also sickly in comparison with the standard representatives of the breed, lives only 7-9 years;
- Standard York is the only species recognized by the International Cynological Association.
On a note. In America, there is another breed standard, according to which a dog’s weight can reach 13.75 pounds. The American is the largest Yorkshire terrier.
The breed standard describes animals as follows:
- the head is compact, the skull is flat, the muzzle is rather short;
- the nose is black;
- the jaws are strong, closed in a scissor bite;
- medium-sized eyes, look straight, lively, curious, and intelligent;
- ears are small, triangular, erect;
- the body is harmonious, the back is straight, the loin is strong;
- the height at the withers is approximately equal to the height of the croup;
- the tail was previously subject to docking, since 2009 there are no restrictions on this, covered with thick coat of a darker shade than the main color;
- limbs straight and parallel.
How To Choose a Yorkshire Terriers Puppy?
To choose a Yorkie puppy, you should study the breed standard, talk to current owners and find a reliable breeder. It is not recommended to purchase dogs from private individuals – there is a high risk of getting a sick or non-purebred animal. The breeder needs to:
- talks about their puppies with love and enthusiasm;
- answers any questions without delay;
- sincerely interested in the further fate of the animals.
If the breeder is silent or only praises the litter without pointing out the shortcomings, it is better to refuse the purchase.
In a healthy puppy:
- clear look;
- clean eyes, ears and nose;
- shiny coat;
- moderately well-fed physique.
A Yorkshire Terrier puppy should be friendly, curious, and playful. You should not take the most active puppy – it will cause a lot of trouble in the future. To find “your” pet, it is recommended to be alone with each one of them for a few minutes. When choosing a Yorkshire Terrier puppy, it is necessary to determine in advance the sex of the future pet – a boy or a girl.
They have different habits and temperaments, so you should not take the only dog left by the breeder. There is a great risk of being disappointed in your pet. So who is better – a boy or a girl?
It is known about Yorkie boys that they are more capricious. In adolescence, a Yorkshire Terrier male will definitely try to take a leadership position. The owner should be patient and purposefully raise the puppy. Then he will grow into a kind and obedient dog
The york boy will mark the territory. Sensing a female in heat, he can stop responding to commands and run away. However, a purebred dog will make a good breeder.
The Yorkshire Terrier girl is more affectionate and loyal. She is not inclined to dominate and needs more communication with a person. Twice a year, females have a problem period – estrus. At this time, they need to be protected from communication with males, if the owner is not going to engage in breeding.
It is believed that a Yorkie girl learns faster. However, each case is different. How a pet grows up depends more on the conditions of detention and upbringing than on innate qualities.
It is impossible to unequivocally say who is better – a boy or a girl. Both sexes have advantages and disadvantages. The choice depends on the experience and character of the owner, as well as on the goals pursued
How Much is Average Price of a Yorkshire Terriers Puppy in Michigan?
A Yorkshire Terriers puppy in Michigan has an average price of $1500-$3000. Some Breeders could even offer Yorkshire Terriers puppies for $4500 or even higher.
The cost of a Yorkshire Terriers puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Yorkshire Terriers Puppy
The first year of life is the most important stage in the development of a dog. Yorkies grow up to 8 months of age. By this time, the animal reaches its maximum height and length, but for some time it continues to gain mass due to the increase in muscles. The main stages of development are described below and the average weight of a Yorkie puppy by month is presented.
Newborn Yorkies have no teeth, their eyes and ears are closed. The fur is smooth, black and tan, and weighs about 150 g. If the dog is much smaller, it is most likely a mini or micro variety. On days 12-17, York puppies open their eyes. If this does not happen, you should contact your veterinarian. As soon as the eyes are opened, the puppies begin to actively get acquainted with the world around them.
At 1 month old, the puppy is still completely dependent on the mother. Unscrupulous breeders are already selling monthly babies, but they are not yet ready for an independent life. At this age, a Yorkie puppy is actively growing – in a month it more than doubles.
At 2 months he is ready to leave his parental home. He is carefully accustomed to solid food and begins to socialize. How a Yorkie should look at 2 months old can be seen from numerous photos on the Internet. At 8 weeks, the weight reache2.5 pounds.
A Yorkie puppy at 3 months should weigh about 3 pounds. At 3 months old, the Yorkie puppy is very mobile – you can start training and teaching the main commands. Lethargy and apathy are the first signs of the disease. In this case, the baby should be taken to the veterinarian.
At 4 months, the chest is formed, it becomes stronger and more massive. The average weight is 4 pounds. But at 4 months, the Yorkie does not yet look like an adult.
At 5 months, it weighs 4-4.7 pounds. Now the dog grows more in length than in height. For full development, the pet needs to eat balanced, get all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
At 6 months old, a Yorkie puppy already looks like an adult dog. It continues to grow, but not so intensively. The period of puberty begins, however, only animals over 1.5 years old are allowed to mate.
For the puppy, you need to immediately equip places for rest and food. They are chosen once and do not change throughout their life. Pet shops sell special loungers for the Yorkshire Terrier and other small breeds. When choosing, you should pay attention to the size, shape, and quality of materials. The bed should be installed in a quiet, draft-free place.
Yorkie Puppies for Sale in Michigan
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Yorkshire puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Yorkshire terrier puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Yorkshire Terriers puppy.
The York dog resembles a cute toy, but a fearless hunter lives in its soul. This is an excellent companion, loyal friend, and brave defender, ready to fight any opponent.