In the process of selection, many husky colors have been bred. The most common colors are black and white, gray and brown. Dogs of these colors can be seen in one of the most popular movies.
Gray huskies also appeared on screens: they play the role of wolves. A Siberian dog with a silver color is practically indistinguishable from its wild counterpart, but the dogs are trainable and do not cause problems on the set.
the officially recognized colors are:
- black and white;
- white and gray;
However, there are other rare husky colors. They are appreciated in sled sports. Therefore, not all puppies that differ in color from the usual standards should be counted as mixes.
White Siberian Husky
White huskies are rare. The guard hair and undercoat are white. No other shades or stains allowed. Dark eyeliner on the eyes The nose and lips are charcoal, brown, or flesh-colored. The eyes are brown or blue.
White husky puppies do not always inherit the color of their parents. Two white dogs can give birth to puppies of different colors. This Husky color is not genetically different from others, so when breeding, you should rely on the rules of inheritance of “colored” colors.
The white husky is hardly visible against the background of snow, so it is not often used for running in a sled. But white huskies are popular at exhibitions.
A dog with a perfectly white coat has a great advantage over others. Prices for white puppies start at 380$ Dollars.
The black Siberian Husky
Another name: “Afro-husky”. 75% of the coat is dyed black. Small white, brown, or gray spots on the face, tail, paws are acceptable. Nose, lips, eye rims – charcoal.
Black huskies are rare. Dogs of this color are often mixtures. When buying a black husky puppy, you need to be careful. The dog must have documents confirming the breed.
Interesting! Absolutely black huskies do not exist. This is due to the genetic characteristics of the breed.
Black and white Siberian Husky
The most popular color scheme. 50% of the coat should be white and 50% black. The color of the undercoat ranges from white to charcoal.
Black covers the back and top of the muzzle, and white covers the belly, paws, bottom of the muzzle. Small rufous patches are acceptable on the crease of the hind legs.
The nose, lips, eye rims are black. The eyes are blue, brown, or multicolored. Prices for black and white husky puppies start at 300$ Dollars.
Ginger and Brown Siberian Husky
This husky color is also called red or chocolate. A Red and brown top is combined with a white bottom.
The lips, nose, rim around the eyes should be colored brown.
During the summer, red and brown huskies fade significantly in the sun, which reduces the color saturation. Often during this period, they are called yellow – this is a mistake: yellow huskies do not exist.
Eyes in red-white and brown-white colors can be of any color. Light brown, almost yellow eyes look spectacular. Sometimes brown “spots” on the muzzle of a husky puppy disappear with age. The puppy’s mask becomes open, and a light stroke remains around the eyes. This is normal for this breed of dog.
Prices for brown and red puppies start at 350$ Dollars.
When buying, you should understand that the color of the puppy may change with age.
Grey Siberian Husky
Gray and white huskies are common. The upper body and mask should be gray, and the belly, paws, bottom of the muzzle should be white. The nose and lips are black. The eyes are blue, brown, or multi-colored.
The shade ranges from light gray (silver) to dark. The coat is strictly gray, and the undercoat is gray, beige, or cream.
In silver colors, only white and silver undercoats are allowed. The cost of a gray-white puppy is 300$ Dollars and higher.
Important! The color of the tip of the nose must match the color. If a black and white dog has a brown nose, this indicates that it is impure.
Siberian Husky Other Rare Colors
Other colors are also allowed by the standard:
- The wolf color effect is created by mixing gray, red, yellow colors. Most of all red on the back of the head, behind the ears, on the thighs, legs, forearm, knees. The nose, lips, rims around the eyes are black.
- Marble colors are rare, but they are not prohibited by the standards. Small spots of a different color are randomly located on a white body. Because of this, the dog looks like a spotted Dalmatian.
- In piebald dogs, the coat is white with large random spots. They are clearly defined and occupy no more than 30% of the body area. Pigmentation of the nose, lips, eye rims should match the color of the spots.
- Agouti colors are found in racing lines. The body is completely dark gray. The undercoat is reddish. The mask is blurred and the tip of the tail is dark. The lips and nose are black.
- Sable coloring is one of the rarest, but at the same time unusual and beautiful. Each hair is colored with a gradient: light red turns into black or dark brown. The undercoat is red. The outline around the eyes, lips, nose are black. Brown blotches are acceptable on the nose.
Grooming and Hygiene
The husky has a smooth, thick coat and a soft fluffy undercoat. Brush your pet once a week. First, you should walk over the coat with a slicker. Movements should be neat and smooth so as not to damage the coat. After the top, you can walk with a comb with long teeth.
Molting occurs 2 times a year. During this period, the pet needs to be combed out daily.
The coat of puppies is formed up to 6 months of age. To avoid damaging the coat, the puppy should be brushed with a gentle soft brush.
The puppy should not be bathed until the age of three months. The skin of the puppy is sensitive to chemicals.
An adult dog is bathed 2-3 times a year. You shouldn’t do this more often. The skin is covered with a protective layer that can be washed off with shampoo. Because of this, the pet may develop skin irritations.
Bathing requires a special shampoo. The pet needs to be wet and soaped. Be careful not to get soap in the dog’s eyes and ears. Rinse off the lather with warm clean water. Then dry the dog with a towel and blow-dry.
Interesting! Huskies practically do not smell. This breed is perfect for those who cannot stand the smell of dogs.
- Don’t forget about the eyes. Once a week, they should be wiped with a cloth dampened with clean water.
- Clean the ears once a week with a cotton swab.
- Brush your teeth once a month with a special brush and tooth powder.
Huskies are active and need long walks, so their nails have to grind down on their own. But if this does not happen, the tips of the marigolds should be cut off using a special clipper or ordinary nippers.
Thus, northern huskies delight dog breeders with a variety of colors. Some of them are more suitable for exhibitions, others are appreciated in sports.
The most striking difference of the breed is the mask, which can boast of almost all colors. It gives the muzzle a meaningful and unusual expression. And gray dogs are almost indistinguishable from wolves.
Top Husky Puppies Breeders In America
- Husky Puppies For Sale In New York
- Husky Puppies For Sale In California
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Indiana
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Minnesota
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Ohio
- Husky Puppies For Sale In New Jersey
- Husky Puppies For Sale In North Carolina
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Michigan
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Texas
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Illinois
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Colorado
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Pennsylvania
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Virginia
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Wisconsin
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Massachusetts
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Los Angeles
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Las Vegas
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Houston