It is not uncommon for you to choose a name for your dog because of a character trait that is unique to it, its color, or the impression it gives off. This choice can be made according to various criteria and the possibilities are endless. Faced with this embarrassment of choice, here are some suggestions for giving a name to your pooch if it is male.
Choosing a name for your dog is sometimes a puzzle, especially if you want to opt for something that is a little out of the ordinary. If the original choices may appeal, some classics remain just as effective and attractive. We advise most often to choose names with one or two syllables to facilitate the learning of the basic orders.
The simpler the expression and the clearer the sounds, the faster the dog will become familiar with it and respond to it. It will guide Its behavior, Its prohibitions, and summarize your authority.
What are the best names for a male dog ? These few indications will help you make your choice.
Choose by breed
It seems difficult to imagine a Chihuahua associated with the name “Touffu”. After all why not? However, remember to choose the first name of your dog according to its breed and therefore its size. For dogs with long hair, don’t skimp on the masculine aspect of the name. Because at first glance, Its gender will not be obvious to everyone.
Two syllables, no more!
A dog must understand very clearly that we are addressing It. It doesn’t necessarily like long terms. So opt for a fairly short, concise first name of about 2 syllables, also quite flashy. Alternate between weak vowels and strong consonants. For example, do not hesitate to choose a first name comprising the letters “k”, “r” or even “t”.
It remains that from its race, you can also opt for a softer sounding first name. It will also be possible to play with contrasts and thus make a name more fun. Just remember that your dog will have to take it on, and so will you, until the end of Its days. So make your life easier so that learning and your life together take place in the best possible way.
Here is a list of 28 most popular dog names for males
- Caramel: often chosen because of the color of the dog. May also be suitable for females.
- Cookie: what to make a dog cake? The sounds are, in any case, perfectly audible for the dog.
- Diego: classic name of Hispanic inspiration.
- Enzo: same as for Diego. Simple and efficient.
- Falco: “falcon” in Latin.
- Trickster: for particularly cunning dogs.
- Doodles: more suitable for small dogs.
- Guizmo: this name is also intended for small dogs, in reference to the character of the Gremlins.
- Happy: suitable for females.
- Iron: for the tough guys and those with that Tony Stark side.
- Jack: one syllable. Short and foolproof.
- Junior: another classic.
- Leo: in reference to the lion. A good name idea for males of the Chow-Chow and Tibetan Mastiff breeds, for example. Maybe also a nod to Messi for footballers.
- Lucky: “lucky”, in English. If your dog is the type to bark/jump / eats faster than Its shadow, this name will suit It wonderfully.
- Max: hard to get simpler. Not very original, but effective.
- Snowy: in reference to the most famous wire-haired Fox Terrier, that of Tintin. Small, smart, courageous, and loyal.
- Oscar: first name of Anglo-Saxon origin.
- Prince: for dogs of royal blood. Or who has the attitude of one.
- Ramses: the line of pharaohs who ruled ancient Egypt for a long time.
- Rex: from Latin and meaning “king”. Already very popular before being propelled by the German crime series of the same name.
- Rocky: the famous character played by Sylvester Stallone has inspired more than one. Perfect as a dog name.
- Sam: short, simple, and efficient.
- Simba: in reference, of course, to the central character of Disney’s Lion King.
- Snoopy: The name of Charlie Brown’s philosopher dog is still popular.
- Teddy: if your dog is a judoka at heart.
- Tyson: one of the most admired and controversial boxers in the history of the noble art. Its name evokes power and ferocity. Often given to dogs with great strength such as the Rottweiler, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Pitbull.
- Ugo: minimalist, pretty, and easily identifiable by the dog.
- Ulysses: illustrious hero of Greek mythology.
Last Updated on June 24, 2023 by Amanda Wheatley