The Chihuahua Husky mix is not a very popular mix but eyes are starting to catch up to this cute mix. This is one stunning and bizarre mix, one can see the big difference between the two parent breeds makes this combination seem impossible.
In order to fully understand the Chihuahua Husky Mix puppy, it is important to know more about Its parents and their personality traits.
The Chihuahua is a popular pet for its cheerfulness and dynamism. Even though it is the smallest dog breed in the world, the Chihuahua does not let itself be intimidated. Indeed, this courageous companion does not tremble in the face of danger and does not hesitate to confront those bigger than him!
The Chihuahua is not very patient with children. It can tend to bite those who handle It with little regard because It’s aware that these inattentions represent a danger for It (a fall can be fatal).
It’s also very suspicious of strangers. When intruders approach the house, It will try to frighten them by emitting high barks, which make It a good “alarm” dog.
The Chihuahua is independent but very attached to its master. However, mothering It too much would be a mistake that could make It very capricious, even unbearable. It is important to remember that Chihuahua’s temperament is genetic, but it also depends on its education. It makes a good family companion when properly educated and treated with respect (and not like a cuddly toy or a child).
Quick-witted, It learns quickly and is good at obedience and agility competitions. Although considered a salon dog, they are active and prefer to be busy. He manages to exercise enough indoors, but will certainly not refuse a little stroll in the great outdoors.
Top Chihuahua Breeders In America
- Chihuahua Breeders In Kentucky
- Chihuahua Breeders In Chicago
- Chihuahua Breeders In Alabama
- Chihuahua Breeders In Arizona
- Chihuahua Breeders In Oregon
- Chihuahua Breeders In Missouri
- Chihuahua Breeders In Georgia
- Chihuahua Breeders In Wisconsin
- Chihuahua Breeders In Texas
- Chihuahua Breeders In California
- Chihuahua Breeders In Washington
- Chihuahua Breeders In New York
- Chihuahua Breeders In Connecticut
- Chihuahua Breeders In Michigan
- Chihuahua Breeders In Massachusetts
- Chihuahua Breeders In Pennsylvania
- Chihuahua Breeders In North Carolina
- Chihuahua Breeders In Florida
The Siberian Husky loves the company of humans. This is reflected in Its behavior; It’s friendly and playful with everyone. Energetic, this breed is blessed with great endurance and has a vital need to run. Every day It needs to do vigorous exercise in order to thrive and be happy. Otherwise, it will inevitably adopt destructive behavior.
The Siberian Husky is above all a happy, gentle, intelligent, and jovial dog. It loves its family, whom It considers “its pack”, and needs their company. Left alone for long periods of time, it tends to howl (like a wolf) rather than bark.
The Siberian Husky is friendly with everyone, both strangers and other dogs. However, Its predatory instinct will push It to pursue cats that were not bred with him. The Siberian Husky should never cohabit with small animals such as rabbits, ferrets, and birds, as they will always perceive them as prey.
As a runaway, it is important that the back yard is well fenced. The education of the Siberian Husky can be a challenge because It’s independent. Although It’s intelligent and understands orders, It does not like to obey blindly. Thus, It needs an authoritarian and confident master, who knows how to impose himself as the leader of the pack. The education should be firm, but gentle, and should definitely be performed in infancy.
The Siberian Husky is agile, athletic, playful, and likes to bounce around. It enjoys vigorous exercise outdoors, especially in cold climates. To be fulfilled, It must absolutely practice a stimulating activity every day: walk, ball games, Frisbee, etc. Running is vital to It and a simple walk around the block will not be enough.
Top Husky Puppies Breeders In America
- Husky Puppies For Sale In New York
- Husky Puppies For Sale In California
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Indiana
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Minnesota
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Ohio
- Husky Puppies For Sale In New Jersey
- Husky Puppies For Sale In North Carolina
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Michigan
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Texas
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Illinois
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Colorado
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Pennsylvania
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Virginia
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Wisconsin
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Massachusetts
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Los Angeles
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Las Vegas
- Husky Puppies For Sale In Houston
The Character of Chihuahua Husky Mix
The character of the chihuahua Husky Mix is very good in every way, however, as we all know, it is necessary to educate them correctly at a young age, so that the coexistence between your dog and you is adequate.
Adult dogs are just as sociable and affectionate as puppies, provided they have obviously been well behaved. The difference between a puppy and an adult is that adults need more physical activity. Going out to exercise and take long walks is essential for It to expend all Its excess energy on a daily basis.
As long as the dog is educated and socialized well, the chihuahua husky mix is an active, cheerful, playful, and cuddly breed. Everything that a person can or should expect from their puppy.
Physical characteristics of the Chihuahua Husky Mix
|Weight||12 to 17 pounds|
|Height||6 to 12 inches|
|Compact and well built.|
|Coat Color||White, black, grey and other colors|
|Tail||Medium length, often erect.|
|Eyes||Blue, black or mixed|
|Life Expectancy||Approximately 12 to 16 years|
|possible, however, this small dog can be temperamental|
|possible, however, early socialization is a must|
Necessary care for the chihuahua husky mix
Broadly speaking, the care is more or less similar to that of any other dog of its size, with some small peculiarities that we will mention so that you always keep in mind.
- Adequate nutrition: Remember that food is the basis of your dog’s health, remember to choose good high-quality kibble. If you opt for a natural diet, ask you, veterinarian, for advice
- Medium-high physical activity: As long as it is a puppy, it is not necessary to force it to do physical activity, just letting it play as it pleases and going for a walk several times a day is enough. However, for an adult, it is necessary to increase physical exercise to avoid excess energy.
Chihuahua Husky Mix’s Behavior
The chihuahua Husky Mix breed is bursting with life and energy. Its strong temperament and dynamism make It suspicious, even aggressive towards strangers whom It welcomes with barks supposed to scare them away! This characteristic trait makes this dog a very good alarm dog.
It’s a very active and above all very courageous dog. It will not be impressed by congeners much stronger than It. With Its owner and Its adoptive family, It will be very cuddly, very endearing, gentle, and affectionate. It loves to be hugged by Its owner. Its intelligence is real and allows it in particular to adapt to all environments and situations.
The chihuahua Husky Mix is predisposed to live in a house. Apartment life is also ideal for It. However, It often feels the need to spend time outdoors. It likes to let off steam in green spaces.
Chihuahua Husky Mix Health
The Husky Pomeranian mix is not a dog subject to particular health problems. Here are the few problems that can be present in parents of this breed of dog:
- Puppy hypoglycemia
Hypoglycemia in dogs is a drop in blood sugar, that is to say, the sugar levels in the blood. There are many causes that can cause hypoglycemia. In cats and dogs, the main causes of severe hypoglycemia are diabetic animals treated with insulin injections.
- Dislocation of the patella
The dislocated patella affects both knees in half the cases, which can cause discomfort and loss of function. The patella luxation is one of the most common orthopedic diseases in dogs , diagnosed in 7% of puppies.
- essential hypertension,
- various skin problems such as depigmentation of the truffle also known under the name of “Dudley nose”, dermatosis improved by zinc, follicular dysplasia or even canine uveocutaneous syndrome,
- pump disease, an overload disease that has muscular, cardiac, neurological, digestive, and respiratory consequences,
- endocrine diseases such as congenital nephrogenic diabetes insipidus and primary hyperparathyroidism,
- essential epilepsy,
- various eye disorders such as progressive retinal atrophy or primary angle-closure glaucoma.
Where to buy a Chihuahua Husky Mix?
Without a doubt, before buying a dog, we recommend that you value the option of adopting. There are thousands of dogs waiting for a family in kennels and animal shelters, adopting a dog is free and you are giving a homeless puppy a chance. You can adopt purebred dogs or mongrels, puppies or adults, there are thousands of dogs for adoption.
If the Chihuahua Husky Mix breed is the one you want to have and you cannot find it in shelters, you may have no choice but to buy a Chihuahua Husky Mix puppy from a breeder.
Always go for a Licensed breeder, they tend to understand the importance of having healthy and happy dogs. They can also provide you with proof of the dog’s lineage and health status.
Don’t forget to ask as many questions to the breeder about the parents of the puppies and ask for the health certificate of your puppy.
The Chihuahua Husky Mix Price
It’s easy to fall in love with any puppy, but the Chihuahua Husky Mix puppy definitely has an edge in this category due to its small size (a small pack, with a big heart).
How much does a Chihuahua Husky Mix cost?
Breeders typically sell these pups for $ 600- $ 800. The cost of the puppy ultimately depends on the pedigree of its parent breeds.
If Chihuahua Husky Mix puppy eyes are the bright blue eyes of a husky or even a different color, then It will be more expensive.
Chihuahua Husky Mix: pros and Cons
- The Mix will be a good watchdog: While their size won’t necessarily put off anyone, these dogs are well on the alert to let their owners know if someone has broken into the house, or is at the door.
- The Mix has a long lifespan: There is no foolproof method to predict exactly how long a Chihuahua Husky Mix can live, but current data suggests Chihuahuas live an average of 15-20 years and a husky has a life expectancy of 11 years and 13 years. when properly cared for by a caring owner.
- Health issues: This dog mix is quite new and there isn’t enough info regarding genetic and health problems that might be passed over from its parents.
- The Mix might not be compatible with young children: despite huskies being a friendly and silly dog, chihuahuas have a tendency to be aggressive when handled by children.
Last Updated on November 2, 2023 by Jessica Vanclap