If you’re searching for Jack Russell puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Jack Russell sellers who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Jack Russell puppies for sale located near you, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
Jack Rusell Puppies For Sale
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale Wisconsin
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Alabama
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Florida
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Mississippi
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Virginia
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in New Jersey
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale Maryland
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Tennesse
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Kentucky
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Michigan
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Ohio
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale California
How To Choose Jack Russell Puppies For Sale?
To become the owner of a healthy purebred puppy, you need to choose it in specialized kennels or from trusted breeders.
When buying a Jack Russell, it is recommended to pay attention to:
- availability of documents of origin;
- compliance with the breed standard;
- features of behavior;
- conditions of detention.
How Much Do Jack Russell Puppies for Sale Cost?
Jack Russell puppies for sale have an average price of $800-$1800. Some sellers could offer Jack Russell puppies for $2500 or even higher.
The cost of a Jack Russell puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Jack Russell Puppy
Jack Russells usually give birth to 3-5 puppies in a litter, but some females give birth to 6 puppies. Newborn puppies feed on mothers’ milk in the first month of life. After this age, they need to gradually introduce complementary foods.
From one and a half to 4 months, puppies grow very actively, gaining height and weight, so their growing organisms require a large amount of nutritious food. If during this period the puppy moved to a new home, at first it is advisable to feed the puppy with the food that the breeder gave it.
After the puppy is comfortable, you can change the type of feeding. If the owner chooses a natural way of feeding at this age, it is necessary to gradually introduce complementary foods into the diet of the puppies.
The Jack Russell Terrier continues to grow its body and internal organs for 4 months. At this age, the puppy’s milk teeth fall out and permanent teeth grow, and hair is also formed. From 4 to 6 months, the food in the diet remains the same, but the number of feedings decreases and the amount of portions increases.
From 6 to 12 months of age, puppies grow less – at this time their bones become stronger and muscle mass increases, so the calorie content and volume of food can be reduced by reducing the amount of cereals given to the pet.
Jack Russell’s feeding table by months in the first life with a daily menu:
|Age, months||Daily menu||Number of feedings|
|1-2||Milk, soaked dry food, broth||7|
|2-3||Boiled lean meats, cereals, vegetables, fruits, dairy products||6|
|4-5||Meat, cereals, vegetables, dairy products, fruits||4|
|6-12||Meat, fish, cereals, vegetables, dairy products, boiled egg yolk, fruits||3|
Important! After the dog reaches the age of one year, it must be transferred to 2 meals a day.
Caring for a Jack Russell Terrier puppy from the moment it appears in the house should be carried out according to certain rules:
- the puppy’s place should be away from heat sources and drafts;
- it is necessary to purchase a sufficient number of toys for the puppy that will be located next to its bed, as well as bowls, a leash, a muzzle, a massage mitt;
- you can walk with a Jack Russell Terrier puppy only on a leash;
- up to a year, little Jack Russells cannot go down the stairs due to the danger of damage to the elbow joints;
- puppies can only walk after they have received all the necessary vaccinations;
- you cannot wake the puppy unnecessarily, since sleep is important for the formation of his nervous system;
- up to 5 months, Jack Russell puppies should not be left alone – at this age they can hardly endure loneliness, perceiving it as a punishment.
Last Updated on October 27, 2022 by Amanda Wheatley