If you’re searching for Great Dane puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Great Dane sellers who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Great Dane Puppies for sale located near you, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
Great Dane Puppies For Sale
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Kansas
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Arkansas
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Louisiana
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Tennessee
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Minnesota
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Wisconsin
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Kentucky
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale California
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Ohio
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Michigan
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale in Texas
How To Choose Great Dane Puppies For Sale?
When choosing Great Dane puppies for sale, special attention should be paid to the following points:
- the reputation of the breeder – you should study the reviews, talk with the owners who have already bought puppies from the breeder;
- conditions for keeping dogs – animals must be kept in clean and spacious enclosures;
- puppy behavior – healthy puppies are active, playful, and curious;
- the exterior and character of the parents – they should not have obvious defects in appearance and temperament, since defects can be inherited.
For your information. The larger the paws of a Great Dane puppy, the taller it will grow.
It is not recommended to buy Great Danes off hand. Chances are good that the puppy is unclean or sick. Only a purebred dog will have the positive qualities that are inherent in Great Danes.
When the choice is made, the parties enter into a sales contract. The document guarantees the health of the puppy and its belonging to this dog breed. Together with the puppy, the breeder must give the veterinary passport and birth certificate.
How Much Do Great Dane Puppies for sale Cost?
Great Dane puppies for sale have an average price of $900-$2800. Some sellers could even offer Great Dane puppies for $4000 or higher.
The cost of a Great Dane puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Great Dane Puppy
Great Danes are preferable to keep in a large private house. It will be too crowded for huge dogs in the apartment.
Great Dane can be fed a balanced premium and super-premium class or holistic ready-to-eat food.
With natural nutrition, the basis of the diet is lean meat and offal. A dog needs about 600-800 g per day.
The norm is determined in accordance with the size and level of physical activity of the pet.
The menu also includes:
- rice, oatmeal, and buckwheat cereals;
- dairy products;
- fresh herbs, vegetables, and fruits;
- sea fish and eggs (1-2 times a week).
Food from the master’s table is prohibited, any salty, fatty, fried, smoked food, sweets, and baked goods.
Important. If the Great Dane gets fat, you need to revise its diet. Extra pounds are fraught with serious health problems.
Walking and physical activity
Great Dane needs physical activity of average intensity: running uphill, swimming, towing. Dogs are walked twice a day for at least 1 hour.
Training and education
The Great Dane breed of dogs has a sharp mind and excellent memory, so it is quite easy to train it. It is important to start learning as early as possible – puppies absorb new information like sponges.
In childhood, the dog is actively socialized: it is introduced to the world around it, other people, and animals. Thanks to this, the adult Great Dane will behave adequately in any situation.
Initial training is carried out in a playful way so that the puppy does not lose interest. Gradually move from simple to complex, adding endurance exercises and gesture signals.
The owner must act harshly, but not harshly. Physical abuse leads to disobedience, and may even completely break the psyche of the pet. If the dog obeys orders, it is praised and treated with a treat.
Care and hygiene
Great Danes are combed once a week, during the molting period – once every 2-3 days. Bathing is required only in case of heavy pollution, but not more often than once a quarter.
Important. A Great Dane puppy should get used to all hygiene procedures from puppyhood. Retaining an adult dog if it starts to resist will be extremely problematic.
Caring for this breed of dog includes:
- cleaning the ears, rubbing the eyes – once a week;
- claw cutting – about 1 time per month;
- brushing your teeth – 1-2 times a week;
- worming – once every 3 months;
- treatment for blood-sucking parasites – depending on the brand of the product.
Last Updated on October 27, 2022 by Amanda Wheatley