If you’re searching for Abyssinian Kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Abyssinian breeders who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Abyssinian Breeders in America with all of their information.
Abyssinian Kittens For Sale
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale in California
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale in Florida
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale in Texas
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale in New York
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale In Georgia
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale In Ohio
- Abyssinian Kittens For Sale In Illinois
Why Buy an Abyssinian Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Abyssinian Breed Overview
The Abyssinian is a strong and flexible cat with developed muscles and a harmoniously built body. The chiseled silhouette and graceful movements give it a resemblance to a miniature cougar.
A purebred Abyssinian must meet the following description:
- The head is wedge-shaped with rounded, smooth lines. The nose is straight, of medium length. The chin is rounded, well developed. In Abyssinian males, pronounced cheeks are allowed.
- The eyes are almond-shaped, set wide apart, slightly slanting. Painted amber or green. They have a black stroke that visually continues the outlines of the eyelids.
- The ears are large and set wide apart. Broad at the base, with rounded tips. Slightly tilted forward.
- The neck is graceful, elongated. The body is moderately stretched, proportional. The chest is rounded, the back is slightly arched.
- The limbs are long, thin with small oval paws and tightly pressed fingers.
- The tail is long and thin. Tapers strongly towards the tip.
On a note. Abyssinian cats have a division into American and European lines. Representatives of the first are distinguished by a lighter and more elegant build.
Color and coat type of the Abyssinian cat
The entire body of the Abyssinian is covered with a silky, soft, short awn, under which there is a tight-fitting down. On the back of a cat of this breed, the hair is slightly longer. But it’s almost invisible.
An important feature of the Abyssinian cat is its rich, warm coloring with an original tint. On each hair of the Abyssinian, there are from 2 to 5 strips of a different shade. On the belly, chest, and inner surface of the limbs of the Abyssinian, the awn is lighter than on the tip of the tail, back, and soles of the hind legs.
According to the breed standard, 4 color options are allowed:
- faun (light red);
- sorel (chestnut or red with a red tint);
- ruddy or wild (orange-brown);
- blue (gray-blue with an orange tint).
How To Choose an Abyssinian Kitten?
It is better to buy a kitten of this breed from a specialized nursery or from a professional breeder with a good reputation. Before making a deal, you need to make sure that the kitten has the entire package of documents confirming its origin and the presence of vaccinations, and the animal itself meets the standard.
By the age of three months, Abyssinian kittens already have characteristic ticking and black eyelid edging. They do not have a light undercoat, stripes, or spots on the coat.
You also need to pay attention to the nature and behavior of the kittens. Abyssinian kittens are not afraid of people and do not show aggression. They are actively interested in everything that is happening around them and are happy to join the game.
Healthy Abyssinian kittens have a shiny coat, clear eyes, a soft belly, clean ears, and a confident gait.
How Much is an Abyssinian Kitten?
An Abyssinian Kitten has an average tag price of $1300–$2400. Some Breeders could even offer Abyssinian Kittens for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For an Abyssinian Kitten
Abyssinians are very fond of warmth because they are not designed for life on the street. In the room where a cat of this breed is kept, there should be a comfortable air temperature. It is with the thermophilicity of the Abyssinians that the peculiarities of caring for such pets are associated.
The fact is that Abyssinian cats can sit on heating appliances for a long time and often burn their paws. Therefore, it is better to place their bed or hammock near the battery so that the animals can comfortably enjoy the warmth.
To make the Abyssinian look neat, it needs regular care:
- The eyes and ears of the cat are wiped weekly with a moistened cotton pad and examined for the presence of uncharacteristic discharge.
- Abyssinian’s teeth are cleaned several times a month with a silicone brush and a special paste that does not foam. This simple procedure will help prevent the formation of plaque and stone.
- The claws of the Abyssinian cat are shortened twice a month with a nail cutter, trying to do it as carefully as possible.
It is enough to comb the Abyssinian cat once a week. This is best done with a special rubber brush glove. During the molting period, the procedure is carried out 2-3 times a week using a furminator.
Bathe the Abyssinian cat infrequently. To maintain the purity of the coat, it is enough to arrange bath procedures once a quarter. A well-moistened cover of the Abyssinian is lathered with a special shampoo, lightly massaged and washed off with warm water. The washed pet is wiped dry with a towel.
Abyssinian Cats For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Abyssinian Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Abyssinian Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Abyssinian cats are beautiful and very mobile animals that do not require special care. Representatives of the breed quickly get used to the owners and try to follow. Therefore, Abyssinians are the best choice for those who like loyal and sociable pets.
Last Updated on October 27, 2022 by Amanda Wheatley