If you live in Louisiana and searching for Oriental Kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Oriental breeders in Louisiana who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Louisiana, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Oriental Breeders in Louisiana with all of their information.
Here are some great and Top Oriental Cat Breeders that might be able to help.
Best Oriental Shorthair Kittens For Sale in Louisiana (LA)
1) Cattery BleuKrewe
- Address: Louisiana, United States
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/Catterybleukrewe
2) KandiCats Cattery
- Address: Walker, LA 70785, United States
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/kandiceskittens
Why Buy an Oriental Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Oriental Breed Overview
Oriental is a graceful eared cat with a muscular, lean body and long legs. It has amazing plasticity of movements and a hypnotic look. The description of the Oriental cat breed is presented in the official standard.
According to the generally accepted standard, Oriental cats should have the following traits:
- The head is wedge-shaped with a flat forehead, a narrowed muzzle, a straight nose, and a well-defined chin.
- The eyes are almond-shaped, slanted. The iris is emerald green. Oriental whites may have blue eyes. Some cats have heterochromia.
- The ears are large, set low, wide at the base with pointed tips.
- The body is flexible, stretched with developed muscles, thin bones, a lean stomach, and a graceful neck.
- The limbs are long. Paws are graceful, oval with neat fingers and strong claws.
- The tail is thin, very long. Visually resembles a whip.
Color and coat type
Depending on the length of the outer hair, oriental cats are divided into two types. They are:
- Shorthaired. With a smooth, shiny awn, similar to satin. The Oriental Shorthair cat does not have a down and because of this, the integumentary hair clearly outlines the contours of its body.
- Longhaired. With a thin silky awn and fluffy tail. Due to the lack of down, the topcoat of the Oriental Longhair appears to be shorter than it really is.
The generally accepted standard allows for several dozen color options for orientals. The most popular colors of cats of this breed:
- Ebony. Oriental cats of this color have black hair and green eyes. Paw pads and nose leather match coat color.
- Havana. In this case, oriental cats have a rich chocolate coat, emerald eyes, and pink paw pads.
- Cinnamon. The coat of the Oriental is colored light brown, the iris has a green tint, and the paw pads and skin on the nose are reddish.
- Lavender (purple). The body of the Oriental is covered with pink-gray fur, in harmony with the “lilac” nose and bright green iris.
- Faun. A rare beige color, which is especially appreciated by breeders. In this case, the eyes of oriental cats have a light green iris, and the paw pads and nose are pigmented with pink.
- Red (red). The oriental coat is dyed in a single color without a pattern. The red hair of the cat is complemented by emerald eyes and a pinkish nose.
- Tortoiseshell. On the body of the oriental, dark and light spots are randomly located, creating a bizarre pattern. Tortoise color is inherent only in females.
- Blue. Smoky ash shade, reminiscent of the color of the Scots.
- White. On the coat of such cats, there is no hint of yellowness. Snow-white individuals usually have soft pink pads and noses. And the eyes of such orientals are blue, green, or multi-colored.
How To Choose an Oriental Kitten?
Thoroughbred oriental kittens are not cheap. Therefore, it is advisable to purchase one through the association of breeders of oriental cats or in specialized catteries. By the time of sale, Oriental kittens must have documents confirming that they belong to the breed and that they have the necessary vaccinations.
It is also important to pay attention to the conditions of keeping. The room where oriental kittens live should be warm, light, and clean.
On a note. Kittens that grow up indoors are less socialized than those kept outside of cages and aviaries. Therefore, it is better to refrain from purchasing them.
If the documents and conditions of keeping the kittens are in perfect order, then you can proceed to the choice of a pet. Healthy little Orientals are actively interested in everything that happens around them and play with each other. They have clear eyes, huge clean ears, soft bellies, and smooth skin without redness or scratching.
How Much Does an Oriental kitten Cost in Louisiana?
An Oriental Kitten has an average tag price of $700–$1500. Some Breeders could even offer Oriental Kittens for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For an Oriental Kitten
Oriental cats do not have an undercoat to protect them from the cold. Therefore, it is desirable to keep them in warm rooms where there are no drafts. The rest of their care comes down to basic hygiene and periodic washing.
- The eyes and ears of the Oriental are regularly wiped with a cotton pad moistened with boiled water or a special product purchased at a pet store.
- The cat’s claws grind down on the scratching post. But if necessary, they are carefully shortened with a nail cutter, trying not to injure living tissues.
- Oriental teeth are cleaned weekly with a silicone brush with a non-foaming paste. This simple procedure will help get rid of plaque and prevent the formation of stone on the cat’s incisors and fangs.
- The fur coat of a fluffy pet is regularly combed out with a special brush or rubber mitten. An Oriental Shorthair cat is simply rubbed with a piece of a clean, damp cloth. Bathe representatives of the breed no more than 3-4 times a year. This is done using a special shampoo that matches the type of animal’s coat.
Oriental Cats For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Oriental Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Oriental Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Oriental cats are beautiful animals that visually resemble alien creatures. The exotic exterior, complemented by talkativeness and playful disposition, makes them ideal pets for those who are ready to devote maximum time and attention to them.