If you live in Washington and searching for Savannah Cats for sale, you will want to choose reputable Savannah breeders in Washington who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Washington, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Savannah Breeders in Washington with all of their information.
Savannah Cats For Sale in Washington (WA)
1) Deluxe Savannahs
- Address: Vancouver, WA, United States
- Website: DeluxeSavannahs.com
- Phone Number: 971-303-5000
2) Savannah Seattle
- Address: Bothell, WA, United States
- Website: SavannahSeattle.com
- Phone Number: 206-327-7299
3) Savannah Exotics
- Address: Oakesdale, WA, United States
- Website: SavannahExotics.com
- Phone Number: 509-339-3987
4) Cranberry Coast Cats
- Address: Grayland, WA, United States
- Website: CranberryCoastCats.com
- Phone Number: 253-905-4902
5) Belle Exotics
- Address: Burbank, WA, United States
- Website: BelleExotics.com
- Phone Number: 206-794-4482
6) Sunset Savannahs
- Address: Puyallup, WA, United States
- Website: SunsetSavannahs.com
- Phone Number: 253-330-3877
Why Buy a Savannah Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Norwegian Forest Breed Overview
Savannah is a graceful tall-legged cat with a flexible, slender body and a beautiful leopard color. The breed standards were developed in 1996 and are still valid today.
The appearance of a Savannah cat must comply with the following description:
- The head is miniature, wedge-shaped, with an almost straight transition from the forehead to the muzzle, a wide bridge of the nose, and no prominent cheekbones. The nose is the color of the coat. In savannahs with a coal coat, it is black. Tabby hybrids are brown, red, or anthracite with a pink centerline.
- The eyes are large, deep, and obliquely set. The savannah iris is colored golden or deep green. The upper eye contour resembles a boomerang.
- The ears are large, set high and close, with rounded tips and a pubescent inner part. Light markings are welcome on the outside of the shell.
- The body is graceful, athletic, with a broad chest, narrow pelvis, well-developed muscles, and a graceful neck.
- The limbs are muscular, long, with oval paws, massive toes, and large hard claws.
- The tail is of medium thickness, tapering slightly towards the tip.
On a note. The weight of a Savannah cat largely depends on which generation it belongs to. The largest are considered to be the first generation hybrids.
Color and type of coat
Savannah is a cat with short or medium hair and a dense undercoat. Its body is covered with a tough, rough spine, softening in the places where the spotted pattern is located.
Savannah fur is colored brown, golden, silver, black, or smoky with dark oval or round spots that do not merge with each other. The markings on the cat’s back are larger than on the head, legs, and chest. And from the back of the head to the shoulder blades, parallel contrasting stripes stretch.
Possible breed defects
According to the current standard, hybrids that have the following signs are subject to disqualification:
- “Medallions” in the chest area;
- rosette spots;
- small ears;
- extra fingers.
How To Choose a Savannah Kitten?
Savannah kittens are considered very rare and are very expensive. In order not to become a victim of scammers, when choosing a kitten, you should pay attention to the following :
- the reputation of the cattery or breeder;
- the presence of a pedigree, veterinary passport, and tests for latent infections;
- compliance with the requirements of the standard;
- conditions of detention;
- features of behavior;
- health status.
On a note. The behavior of a Savannah kitten depends on which generation it belongs to. While among the first generation hybrids there are many hissing and scratching individuals, the F2 and F3 animals are characterized by benevolence and adequacy.
How Much is The Average Price of a Savannah Kitten in Washington?
A Savannah Kitten has an average tag price of $3800–$6000. Some Breeders could even offer Savannah Kittens for $8000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Savannah Kitten
Due to its large size and overly active temperament, the F1 Savannah is not suitable for keeping in small apartments. Such a cat will feel comfortable in a separate aviary or in a spacious private house with a fenced yard.
To keep the savannah looking neat, it is provided with appropriate care:
- Strong cat claws usually grind against a scratching post. But if necessary, they are carefully sheared off with a nail clipper.
- Savannah’s ears are cleared of accumulated dirt weekly. Each of them is buried in a special agent and gently wiped off with a moistened cotton pad.
- In the corners of a cat’s eyes, secretions accumulate, which are removed daily with a piece of clean cloth dipped in chamomile infusion or boiled water.
- To prevent stone formation on the teeth of the savannah, they are brushed weekly with a soft brush with a small amount of non-foaming paste.
Savannah’s short coat does not require complex grooming. To maintain a neat appearance, it is enough to comb it out weekly with a special brush or wipe it with a damp cloth.
Savannahs love water and tolerate bath procedures well. But to maintain healthy skin, you need to bathe them no more than 1 time per quarter using shampoos for short-haired cats.
Savannah Cats For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Savannah Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Savannah Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Savannah is a large beautiful cat, the possession of which emphasizes the high social status of the owner. But unusual hybrids will become the object of pride only for those who can provide them with proper living conditions, proper care, and feeding.