If you live in Georgia and searching for Birman Kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Birman breeders in Georgia who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Georgia, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Birman Breeders in Georgia with all of their information.
Birman Kittens For Sale in Georgia (GA)
Why Buy a Birman Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Birman Breed Overview
The Birma is a harmoniously built stocky cat with developed muscles and a slightly stretched body. Her body is covered with silky semi-long hair of beautiful colors, in harmony with sky-blue eyes. The exterior of the Burmese cat is described in more detail in the official standard.
A typical Sacred Burmese should fit the following description:
- The head is proportional, almost round, with a broad muzzle, a moderately long nose, a strong chin, prominent cheeks and protruding cheekbones.
- The eyes are large and widely set. The color of the iris varies from light to dark blue.
- The ears are located on the sides of the head, slightly tilted forward. Hair grows profusely on the inside of the shell.
- The body is squat, elongated, with developed muscles, strong bones, and a muscular neck.
- The limbs are of medium length, thick with large round paws and strong claws. The interdigital space is overgrown with tufts of hair.
- The tail is of medium length, with a rich fringe.
Color and coat type
The whole body of the sacred Burmese is covered with thick luxurious semi-long hair, which forms fluffy “pants” on the hind legs and a chic “collar” on the neck.
The color of the representatives of the breed is similar to the colors of the Siamese. Clearly defined markings are located on the main light background. A classic in Burmese cats is a chocolate brown pattern on a light beige coat.
The following colors are also acceptable in the breed:
- force point;
- blue point;
Important! The main characteristic that makes it possible to distinguish the Sacred Burmese from cats of other breeds is the presence of pairwise symmetrical white “gloves”. On the front legs, they do not rise above the pastern. On the hind limbs they end with a sharp “spur” reaching to the middle of the lower leg.
How To Choose a Birman Kitten?
To be sure of the purebredness and health of the future pet, it is advisable to buy it from a trusted breeder or a certified nursery. At the time of sale, Burmese kittens must have documents confirming origin and a passport with vaccination marks.
Kittens should be well-groomed, active, and moderately curious. The health status of Burmese kittens can be judged by a soft stomach, clear eyes, fresh breath, as well as the absence of dirt under the tail and scratching on the skin.
On a note. Kittens of this breed are born completely white. The sacred Burmese acquire their final color by the age of one and a half years.
How Much is The Average Price of a Birman Kitten in Georgia?
A Birman Kitten has an average tag price of $600–$1400. Some Breeders could even offer Birman Kittens for $2000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Birman Kitten
Despite the chic semi-long hair, Birman cats come from a country with a warm climate. Therefore, they do not tolerate precipitation and cold weather, which means they are not suitable for outdoor keeping. It is desirable to settle representatives of the breed in warm rooms in which the air temperature is maintained at 77-86 ° F.
And in order for the Birman to look neat, it’s provided with full care:
- The claws of a cat of this breed are shortened with a nail cutter as they grow. This should be done very carefully so as not to injure living tissues and not cause pain to the pet.
- The eyes and ears of the animal are regularly checked for uncharacteristic secretions and wiped with a moistened cotton pad.
- The teeth of the sacred Burmese are cleaned 2-3 times a month with a non-foaming paste, using a silicone brush or a special nozzle on the finger.
- The coat of a cat of this breed does not need special care. Usually brushed twice a week. During the molting period, the procedure is carried out more often to speed up the process. Bathe a Burmese cat 3-4 times a year or as needed. To do this, use a special shampoo for fluffy breeds and warm water with a temperature of about 38 degrees.
On a note. The Birman cat does not like water. And in order for bathing procedures to pass quickly and calmly, a cat is taught to bathe from an early age.
Birman Cats For Sale online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Birman Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Birman Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
The Birman is a cute shaggy cat with a good-natured and calm character. It will become an excellent companion for people who lead a measured lifestyle and are ready to give it warmth and care.
Last Updated on April 1, 2022 by Amanda Wheatley