Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Toyger Kitten, and you live In the Oregon area? However, you will want to choose reputable Toyger breeders in Oregon who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Oregon, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Toyger Breeders in Oregon with all of their information.
Top Best Toyger Cats Breeders In Oregon
There are currently no breeders that we have located in Oregon
- Find more Toyger kittens for sale in these neighboring states: California,
- Or, for the complete list of Toyger cat breeders in the entire USA
Why Buy a Toyger From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Toyger Breed Overview
Toygers are massive striped cats with wide bones and heavy legs. Although they are not characterized by the sophistication of the silhouette, they do not come across as clumsy animals.
The generally accepted Toyger standard contains not only a detailed description of the breed but also a list of defects that reduce the breeding value. Deficiencies and disqualifying faults include:
- blue eyes;
- ticked color;
- lack of stripes on the chest and abdomen;
- the tip of the tail colored in any color other than black.
Dimensions and weight
Toyger is a large-sized cat with pronounced sexual dimorphism. The weight of an adult female is 10-15 pounds. The mass of a male Toyger breed ranges from 15–22 pounds.
A typical Toyger cat should meet the following description:
- The head is of medium size, in profile, it resembles a hexagon. The contours are distinct, the corners are rounded. The muzzle is long, the cheekbones are wide. The chin is firm, rounded, not protruding forward. Whisker pads are slightly swollen, distinct. The nose is elongated, with a large lobe. The bridge of the nose widens strongly towards the tip.
- The eyes are small to medium in size, deep-set, with a slight slope. Toyger’s iris is painted in a rich yellow-green hue.
- The ears are set wide apart, miniature, rounded at the tips. Toyger’s temples and ears are well pubescent.
- The body is very stretched, massive, with developed muscles, a broad chest, and a lightweight back.
- The limbs are strong, of medium length. Due to the fact that the front legs of the Toyger are slightly shorter than the rear ones, it moves with springy movements. Paws with long toes and black pads.
- The tail is flexible, powerful, with a low set and a black tip.
Color and type of coat
Toygers are covered in short, tightly padded, soft, shiny fur with a vertical 3D tiger pattern. Due to the fact that the hair on the main part of the body is slightly shorter than the hair on the stripes, the illusion of additional volume is created. The chin and temples of male Toygers are decorated with small feathers.
For cats of this breed, a brindle (mackerel) color is characteristic with a golden-red background and vertical dark stripes. A lighter coat grows on the belly, chest, and inner surface of the legs of Toygers. It is important that there is a pronounced contrast between the highlights, the tiger pattern, and the main background.
The pattern on the cat’s head should be in a circular pattern, with no vertical stripes between the back of the head and nose. A dark butterfly print is required on the forehead of the Toyger.
The presence of whitish “glasses”, black dots on the pads of the whiskers, and charcoal edging around the eyes and lips of the cat is also encouraged. The Toyger’s ears should have a spot that looks like a fingerprint.
On a note. Although the Toyger standard only recognizes mackerel colors, there are other colors in the breed. Among these cats, there are silver or snowy individuals with light brown stripes on a pale cream, almost white background. They have a softer coat and have not yet been standardized.
How To Choose a Toyger Kitten?
In order not to be deceived and not to become the owner of a hybrid, it is advisable to buy a Toyger From a reputable cattery or breeder. At the stage of choosing a kitten, it is recommended to pay attention to the following nuances:
- compliance with the breed standard;
- the presence of a pedigree and veterinary passport;
- features of behavior;
- conditions of detention.
Literate breeders do not practice selling Toyger kittens before they are 12 weeks old. By this age, little “domestic tigers” receive their first vaccinations and become more independent. Therefore, by the time of moving to the owner’s family, striped kittens can already eat solid food, use a tray and a scratching post.
During the period of adaptation to the changed conditions, the little Toyger is given more attention. And so that an inquisitive and active “domestic tiger” does not get hurt, they remove electric wires, houseplants, detergents, and small items from it.
Average Price of a Toyger Kitten in Oregon?
A Toyger Kitten in Oregon has an average tag price of $1500-$3000. Some Breeders could even offer Toyger Kittens for $5000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Toyger Kitten
Toygers are unpretentious cats: they do not need special conditions and complex grooming. Caring for “domestic tigers” comes down to keeping the ears, eyes, teeth, and hair clean, and clipping the nails.
The Toyger care algorithm includes several standard manipulations:
- The eyes of a striped cat are daily wiped with a cotton swab dipped in boiled water or herbal infusion.
- Toyger’s ears are cleaned of accumulated dirt several times a month. A special agent is instilled into each of them, and after a couple of minutes, they are wiped with a cotton swab.
- Toyger claws are regularly cut with special tweezers. And so that the “domestic tiger” does not spoil the upholstery of furniture, they buy it a scratching post.
- The teeth of a striped cat are brushed twice a week with a non-foaming paste and a soft brush.
Toyger’s short coat is not prone to abundant shedding and does not need specific care. To make the “domestic tiger” look neat, it is combed out 2 times a week with a special brush.
The Toyger is bathed as it gets dirty, but not more often 3-4 times a year. This is done using shampoos for short-haired breeds. Since the “domestic tiger” is not afraid of water, it can be easily washed alone.
Many owners choose to feed their cats commercial food. This type of food is convenient in that you do not need to think over the Toyger’s diet on your own. It also saves a lot of time. Premium or super-premium drying is suitable for feeding “domestic tigers”, which contains the whole range of nutrients
With a natural diet, the Toyger should receive a sufficient amount of an animal protein source in the form of beef, chicken, turkey, or rabbit. Twice a week, meat is replaced with offal and ocean fish.
Also, the ration of the “home tiger” should contain vegetables, cereals, quail eggs, kefir, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
It is forbidden for cats of this breed to give milk, fatty meat, river fish, bones, sausages, pastries, sweets, potatoes, citrus fruits, onions, and any food from the master’s table.
A small Toyger eats less, but more often adult representatives of the breed. Therefore, the feeding schedule is made taking into account the age of the “domestic tiger”:
- up to 3 months – 6 times a day;
- 3-5 months – 5 times a day;
- 5-9 months – 4 times a day;
- 9-12 months – 3 times a day.
A one-year-old Toyger is fed twice a day.
Vitamins and minerals
If the “domestic tiger” eats natural food, mineral supplements are introduced into its diet twice a year. But before that, the cat must be shown to the veterinarian so that he selects the most suitable version of the vitamin complex.
Toyger Kittens For Sale In Oregon
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Toyger Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Toyger Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Toyger Breeders Other States
- Toyger Breeders In North Carolina
- Toyger Breeders In Connecticut
- Toyger Breeders In Arizona
- Toyger Breeders In Oregon
- Toyger Breeders In Wisconsin
- Toyger Breeders In Florida
- Toyger Breeders In Ohio
- Toyger Breeders In Illinois
- Toyger Breeders In Texas
- Toyger Breeders In Pennsylvania
- Toyger Breeders In California
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Sphynx Kitten.
Toygers are spectacular cats with tiger colors. They are not prone to profuse shedding, do not require complex care, and will become the ideal companion for those who dream of an unpretentious and sociable pet.