If you live in Texas and searching for a Ragdoll kitten for sale? However, you will want to choose reputable Ragdoll breeders in Texas who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Texas, I’ve put my list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Ragdoll Breeders in Texas with all of their information.
Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in Texas
Why Buy a Ragdoll Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Ragdoll Breed Overview
Ragdolls are large, well-knit cats with a bright, memorable appearance, massive bones, and wide breasts. They are officially recognized by the CFA and have their own standard.
A typical ragdoll cat should meet the following description:
- The head is large, proportional, with chubby cheeks, a pointed muzzle, and a developed chin. The nose is moderately long.
- The eyes are large, oval, slightly sloping towards the bridge of the nose. They have a moderately wide set. The color of the eyes depends on the light level, so the iris of a cat can be colored blue or bright blue.
- The ears are medium in size, slightly tilted forward. They have a wide base and rounded tips, often decorated with fluffy tassels.
- The body is elongated, massive, with well-developed muscles, wide bones, and a short, strong neck. The ribcage is powerful, protruding forward. After the age of 8, the ragdoll’s belly begins to sag.
- The legs are strong, of medium length, with large round paws and tufts of hair in the interdigital space. The front legs of the cat are slightly shorter than the hind legs.
- The tail is long, densely pubescent with hair, smoothly tapering towards the tip.
Color and type of coat
Ragdoll is a cat with long silky hair that feels like rabbit fur. She has practically no undercoat, but “pants” and “collar” are always present.
According to the breed standard, these cats can have the following color options:
- Colorpoint. In this case, the main part of the ragdoll’s body is light, and there are contrasting markings on the ears, tail, muzzle, and lower limbs of the cat. The nose and pads of the Ragdoll, which has a color-point color, are pigmented dark.
- Mitted. The color is a combination of dark and light areas of the coat. In this case, there should be a white stripe on the ragdoll’s belly. The collar, “socks” on the paws and chin of a cat of this color are also necessarily painted white.
- Bicolor. Two-colored cats have snow-white paws and a white triangle on the muzzle (it lies between the eyes and captures the cheeks). Ragdoll’s nose and pads are pigmented pink.
In each of the above types of colors, the following colors are allowed:
- Purple. Pinkish-gray markings are present on a white background.
- Blue. There are dark gray markings on a light gray background.
- Chocolate. The main ivory background features milk chocolate marks.
- Forces. Dark brown markings are present on the main background color of “light tan”.
When describing a ragdoll, the color of the coat and the name of the color must be mentioned. For example, cats of a given breed can be represented as lilac bicolor, blue mitted, or seal point.
On a note. Some European feline organizations recognize tortoiseshell, cream, tabby and red ragdolls.
Possible breed defects
Disadvantages of appearance, in the presence of which ragdoll cats will not receive a high expert assessment:
- “Roman nose;
- almond-shaped or narrow eyes;
- thick undercoat;
- pronounced stop.
How To Choose a Ragdoll Kitten?
When buying a ragdoll cat, you need to decide on a cattery or breeder, since some unscrupulous breeders give it Burmese kittens for her.
Before making the final choice of a pet, you should pay attention to the following characteristics:
- availability of documents;
- compliance with breed standards.
Important! All kittens are born completely white. Their colors show through very slowly. The final color of a ragdoll cat becomes visible only by 2 years.
How Much Is a Ragdoll Kitten Price in Texas?
A Ragdoll Kitten in Texas has an average tag price of $1600-$2800. Some Breeders could even offer Ragdoll Kittens for $3500 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Ragdoll Kitten
A ragdoll kitten needs longer maternal care, so it is recommended to adopt a kitten no earlier than 4 months of age. By this time, it already has immunity to various diseases and has basic self-care skills. Therefore, the owners can only show the little ragdoll where its bowls, tray, scratching post, and a place to sleep are located, and also give it a few days to get used to.
During the acquaintance with a new place of residence, you should protect your kitten from, wires, ornamental plants, breakable objects, and detergents that are removed in advance. For the safety of the kitten, access to large household appliances, open balconies, and windows is restricted.
Ragdolls require the same care as other purebred cats. They need routine vaccinations, good nutrition and basic hygiene to develop and feel well.
To keep the cat looking neat, it is taught from an early age to the manipulations necessary to keep its teeth, eyes and ears clean:
- Cat’s claws are usually sharpened naturally, but if necessary, they are shortened with a nail clipper. This is done very carefully so as not to injure living tissues and cause pain to the animal.
- Ragdoll’s teeth are cleaned of plaque several times a week with a soft brush and a non-foaming paste.
- The cat’s eyes and ears are regularly wiped with cotton pads dipped in special solutions.
Since Ragdoll cats lack a pronounced undercoat, mats do not form on their rich coat. To keep it aesthetic and well-groomed, it is periodically combed out with a wide-toothed comb. During the molting period, this is done daily, the rest of the time – 2-3 times a week.
Ragdolls are very afraid of water and do not like to swim. But to maintain cleanliness, you should still arrange “bath days” several times a year. Cats of this breed are bathed using professional shampoos that make the coat silky and shiny.
Ragdoll Kittens For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Ragdoll Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Ragdoll Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Ragdoll Kittens For Sale Near By States
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in New York
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in New Jersey
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in Minnesota
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in Illinois
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in Michigan
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in Florida
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in Ohio
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale in California
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Ragdoll Kitten.
Ragdolls are charming affectionate cats with a unique ability to completely go limp in their master’s arms. They are distinguished by their extraordinary beauty and quickly become universal favorites.