Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Munchkin Kitten, and you live In the Georgia area? However, you will want to choose reputable Munchkin breeders in Georgia who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Georgia, I’ve put my list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Munchkin Breeders in Georgia with all of their information.
Top 3 Best Munchkin Cat Breeders In Georgia
1) Napoleon Munchkins
- Address: Dublin, Georgia
- Website: Napoleon Munchkins
- Phone Number: 478-278-9438
- Contact: [email protected]
2) White Forest Cattery
- Address: Canton, Georgia
- Website: https://www.whiteforestcattery.com/
- Phone Number: (678)949-0711
- Email: [email protected]
3) Mini Purz Cattery
- Address: Georgia
- Website: N/A
- Phone Number: (912) 276-4447 or (912) 281-2877
- Email: [email protected]
Why Buy a Munchkin Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Munchkin Breed Overview
Munchkins are cats with small legs with a stretched flexible body and an extremely low fit. Due to the relative youth of the breed, its standard has not been finally formed and is periodically adjusted.
Short-legged Munchkin cats must comply with the following description:
- The head is relatively wide, shaped like a modified wedge with rounded contours and a firm chin. The cheekbones are high, the forehead is flat, the nose is of medium length with a slight deflection.
- The eyes are large and set wide apart. They resemble a walnut in shape. Eye color is green, yellow, or blue. It does not depend on color.
- The ears are wide at the base, tapering smoothly towards the rounded tips. They have a vertical set and visually resemble a triangle.
- The body is flexible, moderately stretched with well-developed muscles and a slightly raised croup.
- The limbs are straight, short, with fingers gathered into a lump. The hind legs of the munchkin are slightly longer than the front ones.
- The tail is of medium thickness with a rounded, tapered tip. When moving, short-footed cats keep it in an upright position.
Color and type of coat
In the breed, there is a division into varieties depending on the length of the guard hair:
- Long-haired munchkin with an eye-catching collar and a plumed tail. These short-footed animals have a silky awn. Under the topcoat of fluffy cats, there is a moderately developed underfur.
- Short-haired Munchkin with plush topcoat and moderately dense undercoat.
The breed standard for cats with short legs does not provide for color restrictions. The most common munchkin is:
Long-haired short-legged cats are often bicolor. Short-haired munchkins often have Siamese and patterned colors.
Possible breed defects
Disadvantages, in the presence of which short-legged cats will not receive a high expert assessment for the exterior:
- Round eyes;
- cow-set limbs;
- curly wool;
- short, stocky body;
- round head;
- understated or saggy croup;
- protruding sternum;
- an overly short or long nose.
How To Choose a Munchkin Kitten?
For a small munchkin, it is better to contact a trusted breeder or a specialized nursery. At the time of sale, short-legged kittens must have documents confirming their belonging to the breed, and a veterinary passport with marks of vaccinations.
It is important to pay attention to the conditions of detention, exterior, and behavior of the kittens. Short-legged cats must not have defects that are not allowed in the breed standard.
The health of munchkins can be judged by the absence of dirt under the tail, an unpleasant odor from the mouth, and scratching of the skin. The kitten should have clear eyes, clean ears, and a soft belly.
On a note. A swollen belly is a sure sign that an animal is infected with worms.
How Much is Average Price of a Munchkin Kitten in Georgia?
A Munchkin Kitten in Georgia has an average tag price of $1600-$2800. Some Breeders could even offer Munchkin Kittens for $3500 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Munchkin Kitten
Taking care of a little munchkin is no more difficult than looking after a kitten of any other breed:
- The short-legged pet is given some time to adapt to the new home and shown where the bowls of food and water are.
- Also, a Munchkin is immediately taught to use a scratching post, relieve itself in a tray and play only with its toys.
- Since the short-legged kitten is very curious, wires, houseplants, household chemicals, small and fragile things are hidden from him.
- In order not to accidentally injure Munchkin, before turning on the washing machine or oven, it is imperative to check whether the pet is hiding there.
To avoid digestive problems, the short-footed cat is initially fed with what it ate from the breeder. New ingredients are introduced into the diet of Munchkin gradually, carefully monitoring the reaction of its body.
The feeding schedule for a pet with short legs is developed taking into account the age of the ward:
- up to 3 months – 5 times a day;
- 4-11 months – 3-4 times a day.
One-year-old short-footed cats eat twice a day.
Munchkin Kittens For Sale In Georgia
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Munchkin Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Munchkin Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Munchkin Kitten.
Munchkins are sociable animals with an attractive appearance and good-natured disposition. Funny and playful short-legged cats will be great companions for both single people and families with children.