Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Persian Kitten, and you live In the California area? However, you will want to choose reputable Persian breeders in California who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in California, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Find out some great Persian cat Breeders In the United States that might be able to help.
Top Persian Breeders In California
- Address: Rancho Cucamonga, California
- Website: Jazzycatzots.com
- Phone Number: 909-717-0779
- Directions: Jazzycatzots.com
- Website: ShadowoakPersians.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Camarillo, California
- Website: AKitKatHaven.com
- Phone Number: 813-586-1123
- Directions: AkitKatHaven
- Website: AgapePersian.com
- Phone Number:562-760-2006
- Address: San Diego, California
- Website: Cleokat.com
- Phone Number: 619-453-7858
- Directions: Cleokat
- Website: JobezSilverPersians.com
- Phone Number: 562-858-3688
- Address: Carlsbad, California
- Website: Kelskits.net
- Phone Number: 760-884-1012
- Directions: Kelskits
- Address: Vallejo, California
- Website: LuvTale.com
- Directions: LuvTale
- Address: Stanton, California
- Website: Cherrybirdie.com
- Phone Number: 714-952-4419
- Directions: Cherrybirdie
- Address: Laguna Beach, California
- Website: Fancyfriends.com
- Phone Number: 949-499-3932
- Directions: Fancyfriends
Why Buy a Persian Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Persian Breed Overview
The Persian cat is a harmonious, proportionally built animal with an upturned nose, expressive eyes and luxurious long hair. The first official description of the breed was made in 1889. But since modern Persian cats bear little resemblance to their ancestors, it is not surprising that adjustments have been made to the generally accepted standard.
Color and type of coat
The entire body of a Persian cat is covered with a soft awn, under which a dense underfur is hidden. In different parts of the body, the length of the coat varies between 4-7 inches.
The color of the Persian can be almost any. The classic types of color include:
- Monochrome. The coat of such Persians can be white, cream, blue, red, or black. The main thing is that it is evenly painted over and does not have blotches of a different shade.
- Smoky. Such Persians have a silvery-white undercoat. But the awn can be painted in any color. Most often, smoky Persian cats have a gray, chocolate, cream, red or purple coat.
- Himalayan or color point.
- Tortoiseshell. This color variety is found exclusively in females.
Possible breed defects
Disadvantages, in the presence of which a Persian cannot get a high mark for the exterior:
- oval paws;
- slanted small eyes;
- big ears;
- long nose;
- narrow head;
- stretched body;
- long tail;
Vices due to which a Persian cat is subject to disqualification:
- white spots that are not part of the color;
- underdeveloped jaws with visible defects;
- kinks or knots on the tail;
- weak hind limbs;
- back deformities.
How To Choose a Persian Kitten?
To be sure that you will be adopting a purebred, and not a semi-Persian cat, from a trusted breeder or in a good cattery. At the time of sale, the kitten must have a veterinary passport with vaccination marks and documents confirming the origin.
Healthy Persian kittens have clean eyes and ears, soft bellies, fluffy hair without bald spots, and smooth skin without scratching and redness. They do not have an unpleasant smell from the mouth and dirt under their tails.
Average Price of a Persian Kitten in California?
A Persian Kitten in California has an average tag price of $1500-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Persian Kittens for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Persian Kitten
Usually, by the time of moving to a new home, a Persian kitten already eats on its own, goes to the tray, and knows how to use a scratching post. Therefore, the owners can only show the kitten where the bowls, toilet, and scratching post are.
For safety reasons, wires, household chemicals, houseplants, and small items are hidden from the kitten. And to make the Persian more cheerful and comfortable in the new house, they buy several toys and a cozy couch for it.
In order not to aggravate the stress of the move, the kitten is initially fed with what the breeder provided, and new products are introduced gradually. The number of meals is calculated taking into account the age of the Persian:
- up to 2 months – 5-6 times a day;
- 2-5 months – 4 times a day;
- 5-12 months – 3 times a day.
From the age of one, the Persian cat should eat twice a day.
Persian Kittens For Sale In California
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Persian Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Persian Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Persian Kittens For Sale Near By States
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Persian Kitten.
Persians are attractive animals with frowning muzzle and chic long hair. Their angelic appearance, complemented by a calm, friendly disposition, makes them desirable pets for many furry cat lovers who are willing to take the time to care for a thick luxurious fur coat.