If you live in New York and searching for Bengal Kittens for sale, you will want to choose reputable Bengal breeders in New York State who socialize their cats and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in New York, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a kitten that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Bengal Breeders in New York with all of their information.
Best Reviewed Bengal Breeders in New York (NY)
1) Brooklyn Bengals
- Address: 691 Degraw St, Brooklyn, NY 11217
- Website: http://bklynbengals.com/
- Phone Number: +15169788769
- Directions: Brooklyn Bengals
2) Panache Bengals
- Address: Hudson Valley, New York
- Website: https://panachebengals.com/panache/Home.html
- Phone Number: 845-692-5252
- Directions: Panache Bengals
3) Bimini Bengal
- Address: Haring St, Brooklyn, NY 11235
- Website: http://www.biminicats.com/
- Phone Number: +19174078959
- Directions: Bimini Bengal
Why Buy a Bengal Kitten From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a Kitten of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good cat breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at cat shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding cats.
In addition, the Kittens receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the Kitten and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious Cat breeder?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that cat breeders charge for their Kittens mostly flow back into cat breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their Kittens to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their Kittens.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable cat breeder:
- Do all kittens look lively and healthy?
- Are the parent cats on-site? Are you allowed to visit the Kittens (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their kittens will live?
- Does the cat breeder take special measures to give their kittens a good start in life?
- For example, do the kittens get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their cat back?
Bengal Breed Overview
Bengal cats are medium to large in size, but inferior to the largest domestic breeds like Maine Coon or Savannah . The weight of an adult cat can range from 10 to 22 pounds, the height at the withers is 10-12 inches, the length from the nose to the tip of the tail is 25-39 inches. At the same time, males are much larger than females and reach their maximum size by 2 years. Cats practically stop growing after 9 months.
The main distinguishing feature of the Bengal cat’s exterior is undoubtedly its “wild” color, it was this feature that determined the direction of breeding work from the very beginning. Over time, a breed standard was developed and approved, which covers the main features.
Outwardly, the Bengal cat always resembles its wild ancestors. On the muzzle there are contrasting dark stripes, which on the forehead resemble the letter “M”. Mustache pads are light in color. The contours of the nose, lips and eyes are black or darker in color. Dark stripes on her neck, like a necklace adorn her. On the paws, there are often small stripes, but there may be spots. The tail is also spotted or rosette, but the tip is always black.
All breeders strive to get as close as possible to the appearance of a wild cat. Therefore, the spotted tummy and chest should preferably be lighter. It is not always possible to achieve such selective clarification – scientists cannot finally determine the gene that is responsible for this.
The colors of Bengals are distinguished from the color of the background and the type of pattern that is located on it. The most common are gold and silver backgrounds. There are White (snow) Bengals, among which there are links, mink, sepia. The Black (charcoal) color is considered more rare. The blue color was also officially recognized.
How To Choose a Bengal Kitten?
A Reminder: the Bengal cat is an elite cat, which makes is an expensive breed. You should avoid ads of kittens on random sites. Only reliable kennels or breeders with an excellent reputation can guarantee that your pet will be a real Bengal with reliable pedigree!
When purchasing a kitten, pay attention to
- registration documents, pedigree and the generation indicated in it (the optimal indicator is F4-F7);
- age – the responsible breeder does not offer buyers kittens younger than 10-12 weeks old;
- weight – at the indicated age, a normally developing baby weighs about a two pounds
- playfulness – a healthy animal should never be lethargic;
- contact – little Bengals must be accustomed to their hands, otherwise you risk getting a wild pet;
- clean and clear eyes, no runny nose and signs of diarrhea;
- vaccination documents;
- the condition of the coat and the absence of visible color defects (important if the Bengal cat is planning to participate in exhibitions).
How Much is The Average Price of a Bengal Kitten in New York?
In New York a Bengal Kitten has an average tag price of $2400–$4900. Some Breeders could even offer Bengal Kittens for $5800 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the kitten’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the kitten’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your kittens like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Bengal Kitten
A pleasant surprise for the owners will be Bengal cats’ undemanding care. The features of the coat exclude strong tangling, it is enough to use a special combing mitt or a rubber brush every two to three days. It is recommended to cut the claws by 2-3 mm once or twice a month. Of course, cats with amputated claws are not allowed to participate in exhibitions.
It is advisable to brush its teeth with a special paste from time to time. Ears need to be carefully handled when dirt appears. Washing a cat who loves water is easy.
Bengal feeding recommendations do not differ from accepted standards. The best option is premium industrial feed, which maintains the ideal balance of nutrients, vitamins and trace elements. They should not be combined with other food.
A natural diet, if you are a supporter of , should consist of 80-85% meat (chicken, veal, rabbit, lamb) and offal. Please note that dishes from the family table can provoke serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Bengal cats prefer fresh running water, so it is better to immediately purchase a special “fountain”.
Bengal Kittens For Sale In New York
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Bengal Kittens, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Bengal Kittens for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future kitten within the comfort of your home.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned kitten a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find one.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
GoKitty matches lovable kittens with caring owners. You can browse their breed profiles to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Peruse the available kittens or cats for sale within your matching breeds then save your favorites. When you are ready, contact the cat breeders, rescues, or pet owners of your favorite kittens to learn more and plan your visit.
Bengal Kittens For Sale Near By States
- Bengal Kittens For Sale North Carolina
- Bengal Kittens For Sale Michigan
- Bengal Kittens For Sale New Jersey
- Bengal Kittens For Sale Minnesota
- Bengal Kittens For Sale Texas
- Bengal Kittens For Sale Pennsylvania
- Bengal Kittens For Sale California
- Bengal Kittens For Sale Ohio
- Bengal Kittens For Sale Florida
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Bengal Kitten.
Bengal cats are loyal and sympathetic pets that easily adapt to the rules of life in a permanent family and do not show unmotivated aggression. They are clean, appreciate the comfort and friendly atmosphere.