If you live in California and searching for Weimaraner puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Weimaraner breeders in California who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in California, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Weimaraner Breeders in California with all of their information.
Weimaraner Puppies For Sale In California (CA)
1) Touchstone Weimaraners
- Address: Southern California, United States
- Email: [email protected]
2) Weimaraner Puppy Home Nest
- Website: Weimaraner Puppy Home Nest
- Phone Number: (858) 748-9069
3) Hanson Weimaraners
- Address: Ramona, CA, United States
- Website: Hanson Weimaraners
- Phone Number: (619) 415-5770
4) Freehart’s Weimaraners
- Address: Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States
- Website: Freehart’s Weimaraners
- Phone Number: (909) 985-6479
5) Blue River Weimaraners
- Address: Rancho Cordova, CA, United States
- Website: Blue River Weimaraners
- Email: [email protected]
Why Buy a Weimaraner From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Weimaraner Breed Overview
Weimaraners are tall, harmoniously built dogs with well-developed muscles and strong bones. According to the international classification, they belong to the group of continental pointers of the Brakk type with tests of working qualities.
- The head is powerful with a poorly defined occiput, slightly outlined eyebrows, a flattened stop, and a long, almost rectangular muzzle. The nose is large, painted in a dark flesh-colored shade, gradually turning into gray. The jaws are strong, covered with moderately developed lips with small folds at the corners of the mouth. Teeth are healthy, strong, complete. Scissor bite.
- The eyes are round, slightly slanting, with close-fitting eyelids and an amber iris. Sky blue eyes are acceptable in Weimaraner puppies.
- The ears are wide, lobe-like, set high with rounded tips. In an alert state, the Weimar cops turn them forward.
- The body is moderately elongated with a dry, muscular neck, pronounced withers, a level, strong back, and a long, slightly sloping croup. The chest is voluminous, deep enough. The ribs are long, well sprung, but not barrel-shaped.
- The limbs are high, straight, sinewy with arched, collected fingers, gray claws, and strong, well-pigmented pads. The movements of the Weimaraner are smooth, free with a good grasp of space.
- The tail is set low. When at rest, hangs down. During work and in moments of tension, the Weimaraner raises the tail above the level of the back.
Weimaraner – color and coat type
Depending on the length of the hairline, Weimar cops are:
- Short-haired with a short, dense, smooth-lying awn and with very sparse or no undercoat.
- Long-haired with soft, long, smooth, or slightly wavy topcoat forming flowing fringes on the ears, trousers on the back of the thighs, and dewlap on the tail. The coat covering the sides of the Weimaraner reaches 1-2 inches. Longer hair grows on the belly, front of the chest, and underside of the neck of the dogs.
By standard, Weimar Hounds can be painted mouse grey, fawn grey, or silver grey. The hair that grows on the head and ears of dogs has a lighter shade. Slight white markings are acceptable on the chest and toes of Weimaraners.
Important! Weimar Hounds of any other color are considered non-breed standard and are subject to culling.
How To Choose a Weimaraner Puppy?
Weimar Pointers are quite rare and expensive dogs, which are bred by a narrow circle of breeders. Therefore, the search for a suitable Weimaraner puppy can be delayed. To get a thoroughbred dog with all the characteristic qualities, it is better to take it in a certified kennel.
And when choosing a Weimaraner puppy, you need to be guided by the following criteria:
- the presence of a brand and documents of origin;
- conditions of maintenance of mother and puppies;
- appearance and behavior of babies.
A thoroughbred Weimaraner puppy is easily recognizable by its smooth, streamlined silhouette, strong, elastic coat, characteristic color, and bright blue eyes, which turn amber-orange by 8 months.
On a note. The Weimaraner puppy has a thickened occipital bone called the “smart bump”. In the process of growth, it becomes almost imperceptible, but is felt when stroking.
How Much Does a Weimaraner Puppy Cost in California?
A Weimaraner puppy in California has an average price of $800-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Weimaraner puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The cost of a Weimaraner puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Weimaraner Puppy
Tall and mobile Weimar dgos are not suitable for living in cramped city apartments. And the lack of a developed undercoat does not allow dogs to adapt to captive content. The best option for Weimaraners would be a spacious private house with access to a fenced area.
Short-haired Weimaraners do not have a specific dog odor and shed almost imperceptibly to their owners. To activate blood circulation and remove dead hairs, dogs should be brushed weekly with a massage brush or treated with a rubber glove.
Since Weimar Pointers do not need frequent bathing, bathing them 3-4 times a year is sufficient. In case of severe contamination, dogs can be washed unscheduled. For bath procedures, it is advisable to use veterinary shampoos for short-haired breeds.
To prevent gum disease and the appearance of an unpleasant odor from the mouth, Weimaraners regularly brush their teeth with a special brush with a non-foaming paste. And so that plaque and stone do not form on the fangs of dogs, they are given beef moss and various nibbles.
The eyes and ears of Weimaraners are regularly wiped with cotton pads moistened with veterinary lotion. They are also examined for unusual symptoms. When detecting increased tearing, redness, and copious, foul-smelling discharge, the dogs are shown to the veterinarian.
Weimaraner Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Weimaraner puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Weimaraner puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Weimar Pointers are aristocratic dogs with a sophisticated appearance and stubborn character. They need constant communication with their owners and, if properly educated, they will become not only reliable hunting assistants but also cheerful companions on long walks.