If you live in South Carolina and searching for Pekingese puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Pekingese breeders in South Carolina who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in South Carolina, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Pekingese Breeders in South Carolina with all of their information.
Pekingese Puppies For Sale In South Carolina (SC)
3) Coodeefoo Pekingese
- Address: Central, South Carolina 29630, United States
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/coodeefoo.pekingese?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Phone: (864) 656-7464
- Direction: Coodeefoo Pekingese
Why Buy a Pekingese From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Pekingese Breed Overview
The current standard has the following characteristics of the breed:
- The head is large, with a flat crown and an overhanging forehead. The transition from the forehead to the nose is pronounced.
- The nose is wide, flattened, with large, well-open nostrils, black-pigmented.
- The eyes are round, large (sometimes even prominent), with a dark iris and black eyelid rim.
- The ears are small, cordate, set high, drooping, close to the head. Their length reaches the line of the lower jaw.
- The teeth are small and even. The lower jaw protrudes slightly forward.
- The neck is thick and short.
- The torso is rectangular in format, short, with a heavy front part, a well-defined waist, and a straight back.
- The limbs are short, strong, rather thick.
- Paws are large, flattened. The front feet are turned out slightly and the hind feet are straight.
- The tail is set high, slightly curved towards the end, lies on the back or on the thigh, covered with thick and long decorating hair.
- The coat is two-layered: with a dense, dense undercoat and a long, coarse guard hair.
- The color is varied.
To date, there is no official division into the varieties of Pekingese, however, amateurs still distinguish the following types of Pekingese:
- Dwarf Pekingese: such individuals are called sleeve, pocket, or mini-Pekingese. They are not considered a separate species as they are born to standard-sized parents and the small size of these dogs is a genetic defect. Despite the fact that in all parameters, except for size, dwarf Pekingese meet the breed standard, they do not take part in further breeding.
- Imperial or royal Pekingese: Such individuals are dogs that fully comply with the breed standard. The title “imperial” or “royal” is usually added to the name of the breed only by unscrupulous breeders in order to increase the value of the dog.
Coat type and color
All dogs of this breed have a long, thick coat. If the coat is reddish, the lapdog looks like a small lion.
Important! A distinctive feature of the breed is the presence of a lush mane in the neck and shoulders, feathering on the hind legs, as well as long decorating hair on the ears and tail.
According to the current standard, the colors of the Pekingese can be very diverse: black, fawn, variegated, black and tan, two-tone (party color), sand.
The most common color of the breed is considered to be red, and the rarest is white. Moreover, an individual of the white color is recognized as corresponding to the breed standard if its nose, outline around the eyes, and lips are pigmented with black color.
Important! Individuals with signs of albinism or with a dark brown coat color are not recognized by the standard.
How To Choose a Pekingese Puppy?
Conscientious breeders have Pekingese puppies undergoing deworming and vaccination by the time they move to a new home. In addition, puppies should not have wet smudges under the eyes, hernia, and dirty spots under the tail.
It’s also recommended to examine the puppy’s parents, paying attention to their eyes. The puppy’s dad and mom shouldn’t be too big-eyed. This feature in representatives of the breed is inherited, which means that in the future the pet may suffer from loss of eyeballs.
Important! Pekingese puppies of any sex usually have approximately the same temperament, but males look more impressive on the outside. This is due to the fact that females shed more often – for example, additionally after childbirth or estrus.
How Much Does a Pekingese Puppy Cost in South Carolina?
A Pekingese puppy in South Carolina has an average price of $1400-$2800. Some Breeders could even offer South Carolina puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The cost of a Pekingese puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Pekingese Puppy
Grooming a Pekingese is no more difficult than a dog of any other breed. The miniature size allows you to keep such a pet in a small apartment. In addition, these dogs are not very energetic, so long active walks are not necessary for them. It is enough to walk twice a day (preferably in the morning and in the evening) for 15–20 minutes, during hot, rainy, or frosty weather, Pekingeses prefer to stay at home.
The most effort from the owner will be required when caring for the pet’s coat – it needs to be regularly combed, cut, and washed. A dog with such a long and thick coat should be brushed daily with a special brush
Occasionally, you can use a wide-toothed comb to brush out tangles. During periods of seasonal molting, in addition to combing out, you will have to wipe the dog with a damp cloth every day. After each walk, the pet needs to wipe its paws with a damp cloth. It is recommended to bathe 2-3 times a year.
Important! In the hot season, a pet of this breed can be trimmed. Although the bald Pekingese looks ridiculous, it will not get heatstroke and will not suffer from overheating.
Pekingese Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Pekingese puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Pekingese puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Pekingese Puppies For Sale Near By States
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Texas
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Pennsylvania
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Florida
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Ohio
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale North Carolina
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Georgia
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Michigan
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Kentucky
- Pekingese Puppies For Sale Arkansas
Before purchasing a Pekingese puppy, the future owner is advised to carefully weigh the main pros and cons of this breed of dog. After all, fluffy owners of such a pretty appearance are endowed with a difficult character.
In the loving hands of the master, Pekingeses become real fluffy “angels” who do not allow themselves indecent behavior not only at home but also on the street.