If you live in North Carolina and searching for Miniature Schnauzer puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Miniature Schnauzer breeders in North Carolina who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in North Carolina, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Miniature Schnauzer Breeders in North Carolina with all of their information.
Miniature Schnauzer Puppies For Sale In North Carolina (NC)
1) Wishbone farm toy schnauzer puppies
- Address: 2103 Wishbone Rd, Monroe, NC 28112, United States
- Website: http://nctoyschnauzers.com
- Phone: +17042837615
- Address: 7415 Calloway Rd, Aberdeen, NC 28315, United States
- Phone Number: +19103546646
3) Happily Ever After Schnauzers
- Address: Richie Rd, Mocksville, NC 27028, United States
- Website: http://happilyeverafterschnauzers.com/
- Phone Number: +1 704-761-8291
Why Buy a Miniature Schnauzer From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Miniature Schnauzer Breed Overview
- The elongated head of the dog is proportional to the overall build. The muzzle is in the form of a blunt wedge. The occiput of the miniature schnauzer is pronounced, the stop is clearly visualized and limited by the superciliary arches.
- Wide, strong jaws with a full set of teeth meet in a scissor bite. Overshot or undershot dwarf schnauzers are unacceptable.
- Oval dark eyes of medium size. Located close to each other.
- The high-set ears of the miniature schnauzer are V-shaped, often 2/3 docked. In this case, they stand facing away from each other.
- The body is square, stocky, high-profile. The neck is muscular, the withers are pronounced. The back is short, the chest is deep, the stomach is moderately tucked up.
- The limbs are muscular, straight set.
- The sickle-shaped or saber-shaped tail is a natural continuation of the rounded croup. Often docked at 2/3.
Color and coat type
The compact body of the zwerg is completely covered with a dense, rigid awn, resembling a wire. Under it is hidden a dense undercoat that protects the dog from the cold.
The main feature of the miniature schnauzer is the presence of a beard, bangs and eyebrows on the muzzle, as well as feathering on the paws. The standard allows the existence of several colors.
In addition to the most popular black color, the breed contains:
- black with silver;
- pepper with salt;
Many people confuse pepper with salt and black with silver. In fact, there is a significant difference between them:
- In the first case, the coat of the miniature schnauzer is colored in different shades of gray, white, and black.
- In the second, on the main black background, there are light areas localized above the eyes, on the paws, chest, beard, and cheeks of the zwerg.
How To Choose a Miniature Schnauzer Puppy?
Be sure to check the availability of all necessary documents, see the conditions of the puppies and ask to see the parents.
It is also important to pay attention to the behavior of the puppies. A small zwerg must be curious, contact, not cowardly, and without signs of aggression. The health of a Miniature Schnauzer puppy is evidenced by clear skin, clear eyes, a soft belly, and pink gums.
How Much Does a Miniature Schnauzer Puppy Cost in North Carolina?
A Miniature Schnauzer puppy in North Carolina has an average price of $800-$2700. Some Breeders could even offer Miniature Schnauzer puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The cost of a Miniature Schnauzer puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Miniature Schnauzer Puppy
The Mini Schnauzer is not suitable for captive life. And the point is not so much in the miniature of the dog but in the dislike of loneliness. A dwarf schnauzer, deprived of the attention of the owners, begins to get bored and may become depressed.
Caring for a Mini Schnauzer is no more difficult than caring for a dog of another breed. The main thing is to teach the dog a calm attitude to the necessary procedures from an early age.
Caring for a miniature schnauzer comes down to proper feeding, regular walking, and basic hygiene.
Plucking is carried out manually or with a stripper and trimmer.
Bathe the miniature schnauzer no more than 2-3 times a year using special shampoos. But the mustache and beard of the Mini Schnauzer are washed after each feeding.
No less attention is paid to the eyes of a miniature schnauzer. They are wiped daily with a cotton swab moistened with boiled water or chamomile decoction.
The Mini Schnauzer’s ears are regularly inspected for suspicious secretions and, if necessary, cleaned of accumulated dirt.
The claws of a small schnauzer grind down naturally. If the Mini Schnauzer walks a little on the asphalt, they are shortened with a nail cutter.
The teeth of the miniature schnauzer are periodically cleaned with a non-foaming paste applied to a special brush with soft bristles. For the prevention of plaque and stone, the Mini Schnauzer is given large beef bones or chewing treats.
Mini Schnauzer Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Mini Schnauzer puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Mini Schnauzer puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Miniature Schnauzers are beautiful, miniature dogs with a cheerful, cheerful disposition. True, behind the pretty appearance lies the character of a real service dog.
Therefore, Mini Schnauzers are not suitable for people who lead an inactive lifestyle and are not ready to constantly raise a pet.