If you live in Wisconsin and searching for Jack Russell puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Jack Russell breeders in Wisconsin who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Wisconsin, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Jack Russell Breeders in Wisconsin with all of their information.
Jack Rusell Puppies For Sale In Wisconsin (WI)
- Address: W5531 Maple Road • Neillsville, WI, United States
- Phone Number: (608) 547-8231
Why Buy a Jack Russell From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Jack Russell Breed Overview
The Jack Russell Terrier is a strong, sturdy medium-sized dog with a slightly elongated body, and according to the AKC classification, it belongs to small terrier breeds. The ears of the Jack Russell Terrier are small, semi-erect, mobile. Modern Jack Russell Terriers are short-legged dogs with pronounced muscles.
The current standard gives the following characteristics to Jack Russell Terriers:
- The skull is flat, tapering slightly from the eyes to the jaw.
- The nose is neat, black in color, with open and well-developed nostrils.
- The eyes are small, dark brown, almond-shaped, deep-set.
- The ears are mobile, small, hanging on cartilage. Must have V-shaped ends. Jack Russell Terrier’s ears are of two types: hanging or “buttons”.
- The jaws are powerful with strong teeth and a scissor bite.
- The neck is strong and long enough.
- The body is oblong.
- The back is strong and straight.
- The chest is deep, not wide.
- The limbs are strong and muscular.
- Feet are round, small, set straight, with firm pads and tightly closed toes.
- According to the type of coat, the following breed varieties are distinguished: smooth-haired, wire-haired, and intermediate (in English – broken, that is, broken).
- Color – white with multi-colored spots.
- The tail is set high, straight or slightly curved towards the head, thick at the base. Can be docked up to 5 inches so that the remainder is kept straight.
How To Choose a Jack Russell Puppy?
To become the owner of a healthy purebred puppy, you need to choose it in specialized kennels or from trusted breeders.
When buying a Jack Russell, it is recommended to pay attention to:
- availability of documents of origin;
- compliance with the breed standard;
- features of behavior;
- conditions of detention.
How Much Does a Jack Russell Puppy Cost in Wisconsin?
A Jack Russell puppy in Wisconsin has an average price of $800-$1800. Some Breeders could even offer Jack Russell puppies for $2500 or even higher.
The cost of a Jack Russell puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Jack Russell Puppy
Jack Russells usually give birth to 3-5 puppies in a litter, but some females give birth to 6 puppies. Newborn puppies feed on mothers’ milk in the first month of life. After this age, they need to gradually introduce complementary foods.
From one and a half to 4 months, puppies grow very actively, gaining height and weight, so their growing organisms require a large amount of nutritious food. If during this period the puppy moved to a new home, at first it is advisable to feed the puppy with the food that the breeder gave it.
After the puppy is comfortable, you can change the type of feeding. If the owner chooses a natural way of feeding at this age, it is necessary to gradually introduce complementary foods into the diet of the puppies.
The Jack Russell Terrier continues to grow its body and internal organs for 4 months. At this age, the puppy’s milk teeth fall out and permanent teeth grow, and hair is also formed. From 4 to 6 months, the food in the diet remains the same, but the number of feedings decreases and the amount of portions increases.
From 6 to 12 months of age, puppies grow less – at this time their bones become stronger and muscle mass increases, so the calorie content and volume of food can be reduced by reducing the amount of cereals given to the pet.
Jack Russell’s feeding table by months in the first life with a daily menu:
|Age, months||Daily menu||Number of feedings|
|1-2||Milk, soaked dry food, broth||7|
|2-3||Boiled lean meats, cereals, vegetables, fruits, dairy products||6|
|4-5||Meat, cereals, vegetables, dairy products, fruits||4|
|6-12||Meat, fish, cereals, vegetables, dairy products, boiled egg yolk, fruits||3|
Important! After the dog reaches the age of one year, it must be transferred to 2 meals a day.
Caring for a Jack Russell Terrier puppy from the moment it appears in the house should be carried out according to certain rules:
- the puppy’s place should be away from heat sources and drafts;
- it is necessary to purchase a sufficient number of toys for the puppy that will be located next to its bed, as well as bowls, a leash, a muzzle, a massage mitt;
- you can walk with a Jack Russell Terrier puppy only on a leash;
- up to a year, little Jack Russells cannot go down the stairs due to the danger of damage to the elbow joints;
- puppies can only walk after they have received all the necessary vaccinations;
- you cannot wake the puppy unnecessarily, since sleep is important for the formation of his nervous system;
- up to 5 months, Jack Russell puppies should not be left alone – at this age they can hardly endure loneliness, perceiving it as a punishment.
Jack Russell Puppies For Sale Near By States
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale Wisconsin
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Alabama
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Florida
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Mississippi
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Virginia
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in New Jersey
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale Maryland
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Tennesse
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Kentucky
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Michigan
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale in Ohio
- Jack Russell Puppies For Sale California
Jack Russell Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Jack Russell puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Jack Russell puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Jack Russell Terrier, despite all its bad habits, will surely become the main favorite of the whole family and the best friend of children. The owners only need, in addition to standard care, to give more attention to their pet, often playing, walking, and just communicating with it.
Last Updated on April 6, 2022 by Jessica Vanclap