If you live in Pennsylvania and searching for Havanese puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Havanese breeders in Pennsylvania who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Pennsylvania, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Havanese Breeders in Pennsylvania with all of their information.
Havanese Puppies For Sale In Pennsylvania (PA)
Why Buy a Havanese From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Havanese Breed Overview
The Havanese is a stocky, well-knit dog with a slightly stretched body and a benevolent expression of large dark eyes.
- The head is proportional, broad in the skull, and square when viewed from the front and from the side. The stop is moderately pronounced. The muzzle tapers slightly towards the black or brown colored nose. Cheekbones are flat, not protruding. The jaws are strong, covered with thin, dry lips. The teeth are white, healthy, and complete. The absence of first premolars and third molars is permissible. Scissor bite.
- The eyes are large enough, almond-shaped with well-pigmented eyelids, brown irises, and a benevolent gaze.
- Ears set high, covered with long hair. Slightly rounded at the tips and hanging down along the cheekbones, forming a slightly noticeable fold.
- The body is slightly stretched with a straight back, a prominent loin, and a noticeably sloping croup. The ribcage is deep with well-sprung ribs. The belly is tucked up.
- The limbs are straight, parallel, dry, and firm. Boned, slightly elongated legs and small, tied toes. The movements are free, light, springy, rectilinear.
- The tail is decorated with a suspension of the long silky coat. Thrown on the back or carried high, curved.
Color and type of coat
The Havanese is covered with a very long, soft, straight, or slightly wavy awn, under which a fluffy, but not too developed, undercoat is hidden.
According to the standard, Bichon Havanese can have several color options, including:
- white with a biscuit shade;
- fawn of any shades;
- brown Havana;
- red brown.
White spots and tan marks are allowed in all color variants.
How To Choose a Havanese Puppy?
In order to buy a purebred Havanese , when buying you need to ask:
- availability of documents;
- compliance with the breed standard;
- character traits;
- health condition;
- conditions of detention.
On a note. It is not recommended to buy a Havanese puppy under three months old. It is advisable to give preference to an active and inquisitive Havanese. But it is worth refraining from acquiring a cowardly or nervous Havanese puppy.
How Much Does a Havanese Puppy Cost in Pennsylvania?
A Havaesne puppy in Pennsylvania has an average price of $1350-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Havaesne puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The cost of a Havaesne puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Havaesne Puppy
The Havanese is a typical house dog, easily adapting to city life. It does not tolerate cold weather and does not require long exhausting walks.
The luxurious long Havanese coat is practically odorless and not prone to profuse shedding. But due to its soft structure, it tends to get tangled and often gets tangled. To make the Havanese look neat, it is combed out daily with a special comb.
Dog grooming is not required and is prohibited by the standard. The only place where the hair can be trimmed with scissors is the paws and head of the animal.
Walking and physical activity
Havanese is the perfect dog for couch potatoes. It does not require long walks and exhausting physical activity. To dump the accumulated energy and maintain good shape, it is enough for it to be on the street twice a day for 20-30 minutes.
Havanese does not tolerate frost well and catches cold easily. Therefore, for winter walks, it is advisable for the dog to wear an insulated overalls made of waterproof fabric.
Training and education
The Havanese is distinguished by high intelligence and outstanding mental abilities. It’s easy to educate and quickly learns new commands. Havanese is not inclined to be stubborn, so even a novice dog breeder can handle it without problems.
Unlike dogs of service breeds, Havanese cannot withstand long monotonous activities. Lessons with it should last only 5-10 minutes and be carried out in the form of a game.
Havanese Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Havanese puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Havanese puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Havanese Breeders Near By Cities
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Alabama
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Virginia
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Wisconsin
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Texas
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Maryland
- Havanese Puppies For Sale North Carolina
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Michigan
- Havanese Puppies For Sale California
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Ohio
- Havanese Puppies For Sale Massachusetts
Before buying a Havanese you will need to understand its advantages and disadvantages of which it is better to familiarize yourself before buying a dog.
The Havanese is a tiny shaggy dog with a mischievous character and high intelligence. It does not require long walks and is ideal for those who like to spend time within the walls of their home.