If you live in Texas and searching for Great Dane puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Great Dane breeders in Texas who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Texas, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Great Dane Breeders in Texas with all of their information.
Great Dane Puppies For Sale In Texas (TX)
5) Texas Bleustone Great Danes
- Address: PO Box 1287 (5,681.42 mi) Uvalde, TX, TX 78802, United States
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/texasbleustonegreatdanes/
- Directions: Texas Bleustone
Why Buy a Great Dane From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Great Dane Breed Overview
Experts pay particular attention to the ratio of body length to height at the withers. For males, an almost square format is important, for females a slightly stretched physique is permissible.
Description of the Great Dane Breed :
- The head is large, elongated, dry, with straight lines. Fits harmoniously with the appearance of the dog. Seen from the front, it looks slightly flattened on the sides. A wedge-shaped head is not allowed. The stop is clearly marked, it divides the head approximately in half.
- The nose is large, with large nostrils, and is painted black. In marbled Great Danes, light pigmentation is possible, in blue ones – grayish (wet asphalt). A brown nose is a disqualifying vice.
- The muzzle is deep, rectangular in shape. The bridge of the nose is free of bulges and depressions. The upper lip is pendulous, covering the lower jaw. It should not be short or overly “fluttering”. The color of the lips is dark. In marbled Great Danes, incomplete pigmentation or flesh color is not penalized.
- The jaws are wide, with white strong teeth in the amount of 42 pieces. Closed in a scissor bite. Any other form of bite is a disqualifying defect.
- The eyes are medium, almond-shaped, with adjoining eyelids. The darkest possible pigmentation of the iris is encouraged. In Great Danes of blue color, it is light, in marbled dogs, lightening and heterochromia are possible. Translucent and amber eyes are highly undesirable.
- The ears are medium or long, naturally drooping, set high on the head. The front edges of the earflap touch the cheeks.
- The neck is of moderate length, dry, with developed muscles. The topline is curved. The abundance of loose skin and dewlap are not encouraged.
- The withers are the highest point of the body. The back is short, flat, or slightly sloping towards the firm, slightly protruding lower back. The croup is wide, slightly sloping from the sacrum to the base of the tail.
- The chest is oval, of good width and depth, dropping down to the elbows. The belly is tucked up, but not excessively. The bottom line bends smoothly.
- The tail is wide at the base, set high. In a calm state, it touches the hock joints, in an alert state it takes the form of a saber. A hooked, curled, raised above the topline or bushy tail is not encouraged. Great Danes with deformed vertebrae resulting in a wrinkled tail are disqualified.
- Legs straight, muscular, well angulated, strong bones. Feet are rounded, toes are close to each other. Nails are short, as dark as possible.
Representatives of the breed move freely and slightly springy, capturing space well. Seen from the front, the legs move parallel. A mincing gait and pacing are unacceptable.
Important. Aggressive and cowardly Great Dane, individuals with a low threshold of irritability, representatives of the breed with physical and behavioral abnormalities are subject to disqualification.
Varieties of colors
The body of the Great Dane is covered with elastic skin, which is dyed in the color of the coat. In marbled dogs, the pigment is distributed according to the markings.
Great Danes have short, thick, glossy fur. These dogs are bred in three distinct color varieties.
|Tiger and fawn||Tiger – black stripes running along the ribs are scattered on a golden background. Tigrowins should have clear boundaries. A dark mask is not welcome. There are no light markings.|
|Fawn – any shades from beige to red-red are acceptable. It is desirable that there is no dark mask on the face. Impurities of blue, brown, and gray colors are unacceptable. There are no light markings.|
|Black and marble||Black is a rich, deep color that shimmers beautifully in the sun. There may be white spots on the legs and chest. This color also includes 2 more types:|
|1. Cloak: the lower part of the body has a white color, there is a white blaze on the head.|
|2. Platen (spotted): large rounded black markings are scattered over a white background. Impurities of brown and fawn, as well as bluish tint, are unacceptable.|
|Marble (harlequin) – black spots of irregular shape are arranged in a chaotic manner on a white background. Gray and brownish markings and bluish-gray specks are highly undesirable. Dogs with dark spots on a gray background are discouraged and not disqualified. All white Great Dane (albino) dogs with blue, fawn, or brindle markings are removed from exhibitions.|
|Blue||The Blue Great Dane has a uniform blue-gray coat. White spots on legs and chest are possible. If they are on the forehead, neck, tip of the tail or above the pasterns, the Great Dane is disqualified. Defects are fawn and bluish-black shades.|
Great Danes can only be knitted within one group. That is, crossing, for example, black and blue dogs is prohibited. This leads to the appearance of atypical colors that do not correspond to the breed standard.
How To Choose a Great Dane Puppy?
When choosing a Great Dane puppy, special attention should be paid to the following points:
- the reputation of the breeder – you should study the reviews, talk with the owners who have already bought puppies from the breeder;
- conditions for keeping dogs – animals must be kept in clean and spacious enclosures;
- puppy behavior – healthy puppies are active, playful, and curious;
- the exterior and character of the parents – they should not have obvious defects in appearance and temperament, since defects can be inherited.
For your information. The larger the paws of a Great Dane puppy, the taller it will grow.
It is not recommended to buy Great Danes off hand. Chances are good that the puppy is unclean or sick. Only a purebred dog will have the positive qualities that are inherent in Great Danes.
When the choice is made, the parties enter into a sales contract. The document guarantees the health of the puppy and its belonging to this dog breed. Together with the puppy, the breeder must give the veterinary passport and birth certificate.
How Much Does a Great Dane Puppy Cost in Texas?
A Great Dane puppy in Texas has an average price of $900-$2800. Some Breeders could even offer Great Dane puppies for $4000 or even higher.
The cost of a Great Dane puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Great Dane Puppy
Great Danes are preferable to keep in a large private house. It will be too crowded for huge dogs in the apartment.
Great Dane can be fed a balanced premium and super-premium class or holistic ready-to-eat food.
With natural nutrition, the basis of the diet is lean meat and offal. A dog needs about 600-800 g per day.
The norm is determined in accordance with the size and level of physical activity of the pet.
The menu also includes:
- rice, oatmeal, and buckwheat cereals;
- dairy products;
- fresh herbs, vegetables, and fruits;
- sea fish and eggs (1-2 times a week).
Food from the master’s table is prohibited, any salty, fatty, fried, smoked food, sweets, and baked goods.
Important. If the Great Dane gets fat, you need to revise its diet. Extra pounds are fraught with serious health problems.
Walking and physical activity
Great Dane needs physical activity of average intensity: running uphill, swimming, towing. Dogs are walked twice a day for at least 1 hour.
Training and education
The Great Dane breed of dogs has a sharp mind and excellent memory, so it is quite easy to train it. It is important to start learning as early as possible – puppies absorb new information like sponges.
In childhood, the dog is actively socialized: it is introduced to the world around it, other people, and animals. Thanks to this, the adult Great Dane will behave adequately in any situation.
Initial training is carried out in a playful way so that the puppy does not lose interest. Gradually move from simple to complex, adding endurance exercises and gesture signals.
The owner must act harshly, but not harshly. Physical abuse leads to disobedience, and may even completely break the psyche of the pet. If the dog obeys orders, it is praised and treated with a treat.
Care and hygiene
Great Danes are combed once a week, during the molting period – once every 2-3 days. Bathing is required only in case of heavy pollution, but not more often than once a quarter.
Important. A Great Dane puppy should get used to all hygiene procedures from puppyhood. Retaining an adult dog if it starts to resist will be extremely problematic.
Caring for this breed of dog includes:
- cleaning the ears, rubbing the eyes – once a week;
- claw cutting – about 1 time per month;
- brushing your teeth – 1-2 times a week;
- worming – once every 3 months;
- treatment for blood-sucking parasites – depending on the brand of the product.
Great Dane Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Great Dane puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Great Dane puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Great Dane Puppies For Sale Near By States
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Kansas
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Arkansas
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Louisiana
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Tennessee
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Minnesota
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Wisconsin
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Kentucky
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale California
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Ohio
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale Michigan
- Great Dane Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
For a long time, Great Danes were shepherds, guards, and hunters. Now they are loved all over the world as loyal companions.
A person walking next to such a dog will definitely be in the spotlight.