If you live in Arizona and searching for Chow Chow puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Chow Chow breeders in Arizona who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Arizona, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Chow Chow Breeders in Arizona with all of their information.
Top 3 Chow Chow Puppies For Sale In Arizona (AZ)
1) Nakamura’s Chow Chows of AZ
Currently trying to re home Cocoa, she is one year old Chow Chow and akc. msg Them If your interested. Located in Phoenix, AZ.
She is very sweet, used to other pets, and children. Potty trained, kennel trained as well. Has all of her shots, non spayed.
- Address: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Facebook: Nakamura’s Chow Chows of AZ
- Email: [email protected]
2) Animal Kingdom AZ
They are avid animal lovers, as was their father who started the business in 1966 in Buffalo, New York then moved it to Arizona in 1978.
The company is truly family-owned and operated — the son and Vicki’s three sons and daughter work at the stores and their mother is still active in the company.
They operate one of the most well-respected and successful pet store chains in the country. After all, their family’s name and reputation are at stake.
- Address: 5000 S Arizona Mills Circle, Tempe, AZ 85282, USA
- Website: https://www.animalkingdomaz.com
- Phone: 480-831-2877
ChowChow.org is an online community resource that is dedicated to the betterment of the Chow Chow dog breed.
Helpful information on caring for a chow along with a vast community that is here to help to make your Chow Chow experience the best it can be.
We live in a world where there are too many unwanted animals. Over flowing rescue groups, animal shelters and humane societies are trying their best to find homes for unwanted animals. Unfortunately, there are many that never get a chance at a good home. If you are considering getting a pet for you and your family then please consider adoption.
instead contact your local humane society, animal shelter or find a specialized rescue group to adopt and give an unwanted animal a good home where it will be taken care of and loved.
Why Buy a Chow Chow From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Chow Chow Breed Overview
Chow Chow is a blue-tongued dog breed with a striking appearance. The luxurious mane and slightly frowned look make the dog look like an angry teddy bear.
The breed standard was first developed in 1895. Since then, the document has been revised several times. The last time the standard was changed in 1999, it is according to it that they now determine what a chow-chow looks like:
- The head is large with a flat skull and an unexpressed stop. The wide, mild muzzle has a well-visualized chin. The oval eyes are predominantly dark in color, but in blues and cinnamon individuals, a color that is in harmony with the tone of the coat is possible.
- The ears are thick, miniature. The tips are slightly rounded. The ears are tilted forward and slightly pulled together, so it seems that the dog is frowning.
- The nose is large and wide. In cream individuals, it is light. In blue and cinnamon representatives of the breed, the lobe is in harmony with the main color. The red and black representatives of the breed have a dark nose.
- The teeth are large and white. The bite is normally scissor bite. The lips, palate, gums and tongue are colored blue. In cream, blue and cinnamon animals, the tongue and lips are lighter.
- The body is compact with a perfectly flat topline, a strong loin, a deep rib cage that descends to the level of the elbows, and well-developed ribs that are not barrel-shaped.
- The tail is set high on the back.
- The feet are well rounded and firmly supported on the toes. The limbs are muscular and strong.
There is no official division into types depending on the size of the breed. But sometimes dwarf chow-chows are born.
Outwardly, tiny dogs with a blue tongue resemble their standard counterparts and differ from them only in height and body weight.
Mini dogs barely reach 11 inches at the withers and weigh about 27 pounds.
Color and type of coat
Depending on the length of the coat, chow-chow breeds are divided into short-haired and long-haired.
Short-haired representatives of the breed are divided into 3 groups:
- With a dense, dense undercoat and sparse awn. Although these animals lack a long mane, they appear soft and fluffy. The blue chow-chow with such a coat looks especially impressive.
- With a short awn and the same undercoat. Dogs of this type are smoother than their breed counterparts.
- With a collar”. Animals of this type have a well-developed undercoat, and their legs, shoulders, neck, and tail are decorated with a pronounced awn. Due to the uneven cover, a luxurious mane and thick “pants” are created. The white representative of the breed with such wool looks very advantageous.
On a note. Smooths differ from fluffy relatives only in the quality of the coat. Smooth-haired representatives of the breed tolerate heat more easily, but adapt less well to cold.
The current standard imposes strict requirements on coat color. It must be uniform and clean. A lighter shade is permitted on the dorsum of the thighs and in the lower part of the tail.
Chow-chow dogs are allowed the following colors:
- cinnamon (cinnamon);
- red (red);
Stains of any color are unacceptable. Dogs with markings on their bodies are discarded.
On a note. Chow-chows of white and blue colors are of particular value.
How To Choose a Chow Chow Puppy?
Purebred dogs should only be purchased from a kennel or a professional breeder. Before purchasing, it is important to familiarize yourself with the documents of the puppies, see the conditions in which the babies are kept, and look at at least one of the parents.
A purebred puppy must have a veterinary passport with marks of vaccinations made and a metric that confirms its origin. Subsequently, the puppy card is exchanged for a pedigree.
The puppy should have a full set of milk teeth, a high tail, partially or fully erect ears. The puppy should not show cowardice and aggression. And the health of a puppy can be judged by a soft belly, shiny eyes, and clear skin.
How Much Does a Chow Chow Puppy Cost in Arizona?
A Chow Chow puppy in Arizona has an average price of $1200-$2800. Some Breeders could even offer Chow Chow puppies for $4000 or even higher.
The cost of a Chow Chow puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Chow Chow Puppy
Representatives of the breed easily adapt to life in the city. Pets do not require the creation of special conditions, and caring for the Chow Chow is reduced to full feeding, regular walks, and simple hygiene procedures.
Walking and physical activity
Chow Chows are moderately active. To maintain good physical shape, it is enough for a dog with a blue tongue to spend about 1.5-2 hours a day on the street.
A prerequisite for a full-fledged walk is active games with the owner and the ability to explore the surroundings.
On a note. Independent pets on walks can distance themselves from everyone. But wayward dogs never leave the limits of hearing.
Training and education
Although representatives of the breed are endowed with average intelligence and good memory, training is complicated by excessive curiosity and the stubbornness of the dog. The wayward dog is reluctant and very slow to execute commands. But this is not at all laziness or lack of intelligence, but a feature of character.
It takes a lot of time and patience for the owner to subdue the stubborn blue-tongued dog. Classes should be regular, and any action performed is best rewarded with a treat or verbal praise.
Care and hygiene
Chow-chow special grooming is not required. To keep your dog looking tidy, regular hygiene procedures are enough:
- The thick coat is combed weekly with a long, curled-toothed comb. During molting, the procedure is carried out every other day. The dog is bathed 2-3 times a year using a special shampoo. A haircut is needed exclusively on the eve of exhibitions.
- The pet’s teeth are daily cleaned with a special brush and non-foaming dog paste. To prevent the formation of tartar, the dog is allowed to gnaw on large bones and dental treats.
- It is very easy to care for the ears and eyes of a blue-tongued dog. They are systematically wiped off with a moistened cotton pad and examined for discharge.
- Dogs’ nails are cut once a month. But if the dog often walks on the asphalt, they grind down naturally.
Chow Chow Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Chow Chow puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Chow Chow puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Chow Chow Puppies For Sale Near By States
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in California
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in Texas
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in Georgia
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in New Jersey
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in North Carolina
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in Ohio
- Chow Chow Puppies For Sale in Florida
Chow Chow is a fluffy dog with a blue tongue. It has a stubborn, headstrong character and a tendency to make independent decisions. But with proper education, it will make a good companion for a persistent and not too active owner.