If you live in Virginia and searching for Cane Corso puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Cane Corso breeders in Virginia who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Virginia, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Cane Corso Breeders in Virginia with all of their information.
Cane Corso Puppies For Sale In Virginia (VA)
1) Senza Tempo Cane Corso
- Address: Beaverdam, VA
- Website: www.SenzaTempoCaneCorso.com
- Phone: (512) 466-8643
2) San Rocco Cane Corso
- Address: Warren, VA, United States
- Website: San Rocco Cane Corso
- Phone Number: (347)749-3180
3) StoneCroft Cane Corso
- Address: Tappahannock, VA, United States
- Website: StoneCroft Cane Corso
- Phone Number: (804) 443-1776
4) Apple Valley Cane Corso
- Address: Winchester, VA, United States
- Website: Apple Valley Cane Corso
- Phone Number: (540) 327-4586
5) Dream Team Kennels
- Address: Beaverdam, VA, United States
- Website: Dream Team Kennels
- Phone Number: (804) 677-1695
Why Buy a Cane Corso From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Cane Corso Breed Overview
Cane Corso is a rather large, but graceful animal. The Italian Mastiff is folded so that the length of the body exceeds the height at the withers by about 11%.
The standards that a purebred Cane Corso must meet:
- The head is massive, elongated. The skull is broad. There are no folds.
- The forehead is convex in front, flat at the occipital protuberance, with a convex groove in the middle.
- The superciliary arches are well defined.
- The muzzle is square, half the size of the skull. Flat in the front and deep when viewed from the side.
- On a large black nose, open nostrils. The color of the lobe can match the color of the mask (if any).
- The ears are of medium size in the form of triangles, drooping. Supplied widely.
- The eyes are oval, medium in size, with a dark iris. Healthy Cane Corso looks attentively, their gaze is lively.
- The jaws are large, the upper one overlaps the lower one. Moreover, if a straight bite is still allowed, then an overshot for this breed of dog is categorically unacceptable. The upper lips hang down noticeably, making them look like an inverted U.
- Strong teeth. An adult Italian Mastiff has 42 of them.
- The neck is muscular, the length is the same as the head.
- The chest is well developed, the back is muscular and straight. The ribs protrude moderately.
- The front legs are long, the shoulder blades are set at an angle. The femora of the hind legs are long and wide, convex behind. The angulation of the hock joint is moderate. Paws on all legs are oval with strong claws and toes, which are gathered into a ball.
- The tail is thick at the base. Average length. During running, it does not twist, an upright position is also unacceptable. The fourth vertebra is cut off, but the new standards do not recommend this Cane Corso procedure.
How To Choose a Cane Corso Puppy?
Novice dog owners are usually advised to choose a Cane Corso puppy not older than 3 months since at an older age it allegedly refuses to recognize the new owner. However, many Cane Corso owners disagree.
From their own experience, they know that even at 5 months, and a little later, the pet gets along well with all family members in the new house, if they can immediately establish contact with it.
Therefore, when buying, it is more important to pay attention to other points (especially if in the future you plan to exhibit the dog or use it for mating):
- Compliance with appearance standards. The reason for the rejection of the Cane Corso (in addition to those noted) are white, cream, chocolate colors, tan marks on any background, light iris and squint, depigmentation of the nasal lobe and eyelids, a very short tail, or its absence, elongated and soft fur …
- Availability of documents with pedigree, passports with vaccinations. At the same time, it would be good to look at the parents of the Cane Corso, to find out about their health, diet. Information about the fate of the offspring is very important. You should avoid buying puppies in a line where there have already been pups with dysplasia or allergies.
- The health status of the puppy. This is a traditional examination of the coat and skin, mucous membranes, pads on the paws for injuries, diseases, parasites.
- Puppy behavior. A healthy Cane Corso is distinguished by curiosity, activity, courage, and benevolence. If it shows cowardice or aggression, it is better to refuse the purchase. Moreover, a Cane Corso with such behavior is subject to disqualification according to the standard.
How Much Does a Cane Corso Puppy Cost in Virginia?
A Cane Corso puppy in Virginia has an average price of $900-$1800. Some Breeders could even offer Cane Corso puppies for $2500 or even higher.
The cost of a Cane Corso puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Cane Corso Puppy
After the appearance of a Cane Corso puppy in the house, it is important to provide it with the necessary conditions for normal development. You should be especially responsible when choosing high-quality food, which contains all the necessary trace elements and vitamins.
An equally important point is physical activity and walks. In puppyhood, Cane Corsos are very playful and active – with age, they become calm, measured, and can lie down most of the time.
Suitable toys are something that Cane Corso puppies definitely cannot do without. The duration of walks should be increased gradually so that the legs of babies vulnerable to diseases get used to the load.
Caring for the body of dogs of the Cane Corso breed does not take much time. It usually involves the following activities:
- Brushing about once a week. It is especially important to do this during molting periods. Short hairs can be easily removed with a brush or massage glove. Additionally, this procedure will improve blood circulation.
- The dog’s ears should be checked regularly. They must be clean and dry, odorless. In case of light dirt, it is enough to wipe them with a soft cloth or cotton pad. If sulfur, purulent discharge appears, you should contact your veterinarian. Since the ears of the Cane Corso are hanging, a procedure such as airing is also useful. To do this, just take the tip of the ear and wave it like a wing.
- To keep the teeth healthy it is good for your dog to brush them. You can also give the Cane Corso special toys. Since these dogs have strong jaws, they like to gnaw on hard objects. Care must be taken not to get a stone or something similar in the mouth of the Cane Corso.
- It is advisable to wipe the eyes with a decoction of chamomile – this will prevent them from souring.
- After walking, you need to examine the dog’s paws. Cracks and scratches should be treated with antiseptic in a timely manner. It is also helpful to regularly rub vegetable oil into the pads.
- Cane Corsos do not need frequent bathing, especially since their coat is short and hard. This should be done only in case of severe pollution once or twice a year. Dry shampoos are suitable for this purpose – they are less harmful to the coat of the Cane Corso. It is enough to wipe its paws after a walk.
Cane Corso Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Cane Corso puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Cane Corso puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Cane Corso Breeders Near By Cities
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale South Carolina
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale New York
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale New Jersey
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale Ohio
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale Michigan
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale California
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale Pennsylvania
- Cane Corso Puppies For Sale Florida
The Cane Corso is a confident dog with a strong temperament, it is territorial and very brave, it is not afraid of anything. For this reason, the Cane Corso is a very popular breed as a guard dog.
Although for people who are not going to exhibit such a dog, but simply want to have a devoted friend and a good guard, the color or whitish eyes are unlikely to be a serious problem.