If you live in Texas and searching for Bull Terrier puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Bull Terrier breeders in Texas who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Texas, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Bull Terrier Breeders in Texas with all of their information.
Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale In Texas (TX)
Why Buy a Bull Terrier From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Bull Terrier Breed Overview
The Bull Terrier is a well-balanced, strong dog with well-developed muscles and an egg-shaped head.
Modern representatives of the breed must meet the following parameters:
- The head of the bull terrier is set low. It has no protrusions or depressions and visually resembles an egg. The skull is sloping, slightly rounded. The stop is smoothed, creating the effect of a Roman profile. The main distinguishing feature of a boule is a lowered muzzle, or downface.
- The jaws are strong and strong. The lower ones are better developed than the upper ones. Scissor bite. The teeth are white and healthy. For bulls over 3 years old, a straight bite or a close undershot is acceptable.
- The ears are thin, erect, they look like a triangle and are of medium size.
- The eyes are narrow, set obliquely. Due to the special arrangement, they seem triangular. For boules, black or dark brown eyes are acceptable. The eyelids are dry and well pigmented.
- Nose with open expressive nostrils. The lobe is black.
- The body is compact with a toned belly, a broad chest, and rounded ribs. The withers are strong, the back is straight, the loin is shortened, the croup is sloping.
- The tail is short, set high, tapering from base to tip.
- The limbs are straight, parallel. The pasterns are short and erect. The shoulder blades are wide and flat. The thighs are well muscled. Paws are round, compact. The toes are well bent.
The height at the withers and the weight of the bull terrier are not limited to rigid frames. The main thing is that the dog looks harmonious and powerful, and also matches the gender and type.
Movement is an important characteristic of the Bull Terrier. The dog moves with a free, smooth and light step. With increasing speed at the trot, the boule brings the limbs closer together.
Color and type of coat
The body of a Bull Terrier dog is covered with a short, smooth, tight spine. The coat, which is harsh to the touch, has a healthy sheen.
The breed standard provides for several color options:
Depending on the physique in the breed, there are 4 types of dogs:
- Bulldog. It is distinguished by its heavy bones, dense build, powerful skull, and massive muzzle.
- Terrier type. Differs in light bones, mobility, compactness, and precision of lines.
- Dalmatian type. Differs in soft lines, high legs, and elongated head.
- Intermediate. It is considered close to ideal and combines the best characteristics of the above three types.
Depending on the size, the bull terrier is:
How To Choose a Bull Terrier Puppy?
Before buying a Bull Terrier puppy, you need to decide in advance on the gender – a male or female. Females are more agreeable, calmer, and friendlier than males. Therefore, it is better for inexperienced owners to adopt a female.
Before purchasing, it is advisable not only to check the documents of the puppy, but also to pay attention to their behavior, appearance, and conditions of detention.
Healthy bull terrier puppies are active, curious, not cowardly, and non-aggressive creatures. They have soft bellies, clear eyes, excellent appetite, and clear skin.
On a note. Deafness is common in the breed. Therefore, before buying a bull terrier puppy, it should be tested by ear. You can test the dog right on the spot using a squeaky toy.
How Much Does a Bull Terrier Puppy Cost in Texas?
A Bull Terrier puppy in Texas has an average price of $700-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Bull Terrier puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The cost of a Bull Terrier puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Bull Terrier Puppy
The Bull Terrier does not have a dense undercoat that protects from the cold. Therefore, the dog is not suitable for enclosure keeping and can only live in the house.
Caring for a dog of this breed is reduced to full feeding, basic hygiene procedures, and regular walking.
An adult bull terrier can eat both dry and natural food. In the first case, preference is given to premium or super-premium products, which do not contain wheat, corn, soy, dyes, preservatives, and other dubious ingredients.
The daily allowance is calculated according to the table on the food packaging and divided by the number of meals.
Walking and physical activity
The Bull Terrier is an active dog that needs regular walking. The duration of walks with such a dog should be at least 1.5-2 hours a day. In order for the bull to throw out the accumulated energy, the dog must be given the opportunity to run without a leash.
Care and hygiene
The short hair of the Bull Terrier is regularly combed out with a groomer’s glove. During the molting period, the procedure is carried out daily, the rest of the time – a couple of times a week.
The Bull Terrier should be bathed with shampoo no more than 2-3 times a year. After a walk, the dog must wipe its paws.
The eyes and ears of the Bull Terrier are systematically wiped with a damp cotton swab and examined for uncharacteristic discharge.
Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Bull Terrier puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Bull Terrier puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Bull Terrier Breeders Near By Cities
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale Arizona
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale New York
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale in South Carolina
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale Indiana
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale New Jersey
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale Tennessee
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale North Carolina
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale Florida
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale Pennsylvania
- Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale California
The Bull Terrier is a smart, brave, and physically strong dog with a unique appearance.
It has a stubborn character and the makings of a born leader. Therefore, a person raising a bull terrier must have unlimited patience.