Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Maltese Puppy, and you live In the Mississippi area? However, you will want to choose reputable Maltese breeders in Mississippi who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Mississippi, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in Mississippi with all of their information.
Top Maltese Breeders In Mississippi
Why Buy a Maltese From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Maltese Breed Overview
The Maltese is a well-proportioned, harmoniously built dog with a graceful body and aristocratic posture. The first breed standard appeared in 1955, now the 2015 edition is valid.
According to this document, a thoroughbred Maltese has the following characteristics:
- The head is wide, with a flat skull, a short muzzle, an almost imperceptible central groove, a convex crown, and a pronounced stop. The nose is voluminous, with open nostrils and a rounded black lobe. The jaws are strong, with a full complement of white teeth. Scissor bite. The lips are dense, black. The upper one slightly covers the lower one and has the shape of a semicircle.
- The eyes are large, round, slightly protruding. The iris is a dark ocher. The eyelids are tight-fitting, black.
- The ears are pendant, triangular, wide at the base, set high, well attached to the muzzle. The outer part of the linen is covered with thick, long hair.
- The body is moderately stretched, with indistinct withers, flat loin, deep chest, and slightly arched ribs. The neck has an almost vertical set. The croup is wide, with a slight slope at the base of the tail.
- The limbs are straight. The elbows are set straight, tightly pressed against the body. The pasterns are strong, almost vertical. The thighs are well-muscled, sloping slightly forward. The feet are round, well furred, with black pads and well-arched toes.
- The tail is gracefully curved, with the tip touching the back or slightly deviated to the side.
On a note. Sometimes Maltese lapdogs give birth to puppies with an extremely shortened muzzle. Such individuals are not allowed to exhibitions and breeding activities, but they are very photogenic and are in demand among ordinary owners.
The breed standard also contains a list of defects in the presence of which a dog is disqualified:
- narrowed or diverging lines of the skull;
- unpigmented eyelids;
- short or missing tail;
- Roman nose;
- incorrect bite;
How To Choose a Maltese Puppy?
Maltese is a popular breed and in order not to get a sick or non-purebred dog as a pet, you need to contact professional breeders or registered kennels.
When choosing a Maltese lapdog puppy, it is advisable to look at several litters and ask in advance:
- the presence of documents and brands;
- health condition;
- conditions of keeping mothers and puppies.
Pedigree Maltese puppies must have:
- dark eyes;
- black nose;
- white color;
- straight, not too fluffy coat.
On a note. Maltese puppies are allowed a slightly wavy coat, which will straighten when the babies grow up. But strong curls are considered marriage and are unlikely to disappear with age.
Before making the final choice, you need to observe the behavior of the Maltese lapdog puppy you like. It should be moderately curious, friendly, and outgoing.
Average Price of a Maltese Puppy in Mississippi?
A Maltese puppy in Mississippi has an average price of $1600-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Maltese puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The cost of a Maltese puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Maltese Puppy
A Maltese puppy from a good kennel or breeder moves to a permanent place of residence no earlier than 2.5-3 months. Therefore, future owners have time to prepare. To make the life of the Maltese lapdog comfortable, they purchase for it in advance:
- sleeping place;
- harness and leash;
- hygiene products;
- grooming tools;
- bowls for food and water.
For safety reasons, wires, medicines, household chemicals, and houseplants are hidden in the house where the Maltese puppy will live. If you don’t want your new puppy to spoil the carpets, it is better to remove them until it gets potty trained.
After arrival, the puppy is given time to adapt and allowed to familiarize itself with the new home. A Maltese puppy must be shown where it can eat and rest. And so that it’s not so acutely worried about separation from its mother, a little thing with the smell of its mother is placed on its bed.
When a Maltese lapdog puppy gets used to its owners, it is taught to calmly relate to hygiene procedures and adhere to the rules of behavior.
So that the puppy does not grow up spoiled, it’s not allowed to:
- sleep on upholstered furniture.
Make sure that your Maltese puppy is vaccinated to prevent any unwanted infections. The puppy should be vaccinated for the following:
- from the plague;
- parvo and coronavirus enteritis.
The first vaccination of a Maltese puppy is done at 8-9 weeks and is repeated after 21 days. Before that, it’s given anthelmintic drugs, the dosage of which is calculated strictly by weight.
Antihelminthic treatment for Maltese is recommended to be carried out twice with a break of 10-14 days.
Maltese Puppies For Sale in Mississippi
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Maltese puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Maltese puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Maltese Breeders Other States
- Maltese Breeders In Los Angeles
- Maltese Breeders In Georgia
- Maltese Breeders In Chicago
- Maltese Breeders In Colorado
- Maltese Breeders In Missouri
- Maltese Breeders In Illinois
- Maltese Breeders In North Carolina
- Maltese Breeders In Miami
- Maltese Breeders In New York
- Maltese Breeders In Florida
- Maltese Breeders In Pennsylvania
- Maltese Breeders In New Jersey
- Maltese Breeders In Arkansas
- Maltese Breeders In Arizona
- Maltese Breeders In Connecticut
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Maltese puppy.
Maltese are adorable dogs with luxurious white coats that contrast sharply with their dark eyes and a black nose. Good-natured mischievous dogs attract admiring glances and become wonderful companions for those who are not too lazy to take care of their chic fur coats.