Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a French Bulldog puppy, and you live In the Alabama area? However, you will want to choose reputable French Bulldog breeders in Alabama who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Alabama, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in Alabama with all of their information.
Top 3 French Bulldog Breeders In Alabama
Why Buy a French Bulldog From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
French Bulldog Breed Overview
The French Bulldog looks like a sturdy and stocky medium-sized dog with several distinctive characteristics:
- big ears;
- upturned nose;
- flattened muzzle;
- split upper lip.
The height of dogs at the withers is not specified in the standard, but among breeders, the height is considered ideal for males from 10 to 14 Inches, for females – from 9 to 12 Inches.
Usually, Female French Bulldogs are slightly smaller than males. In addition, females have a more elongated body.
The weight of an adult dog of this breed often depends on its appetite and is 25-37 Pounds for males and 20-30 kg for females.
The current AKC standard gives the following description of the French Bulldog breed:
- The head of the dog is massive, with a distinct groove between the eyes and symmetrical folds. The transition from the forehead to the muzzle is pronounced.
- The muzzle is wide and very short.
- The nose is slightly upturned, black. The nostrils are wide open.
- The bulldog’s lips are thick, slightly drooping, with black pigmentation, closing in the middle.
- The jaws are powerful. The lower one protrudes slightly forward.
- The eyes of the French are large, round, dark, low set, with an attentive expression. Eyelids with black lining.
- The ears are small in size, erect, set high and far apart, with a wide base and rounded tips.
- The neck is short, strong, without dewlap.
- The chest is barrel-shaped, deep, and wide.
- The limbs are short and well-muscled. The hind legs are longer than the front ones.
- The feet are round, neat, with tightly clenched toes.
- The tail of a bulldog is straight, short, set low, and tapering towards the end.
- The coat is smooth, shiny, short, without an undercoat, close to the body.
- The color is varied: variegated or monochromatic.
On a note. The length of the muzzle of a French Bulldog should be about 1/6 of the length of the head.
Color and appearance
French Bulldogs are of two types – variegated and uniform.
Variegated is divided into several varieties:
- brindle (dark stripes on a monochromatic background of various shades – from cream to red);
- brindle with white spots (all over the body);
- plain with white spots (coat color – from light beige to red).
For dogs of a variegated color, it is desirable to have a mask resembling glasses on the face.
The uniform color is white, black, or fawn – from bright red to light coffee shade. The standard permits white color only if the nose and lips are black.
Important! Individuals of a uniform white color are not used in breeding, since they can give birth to offspring suffering from deafness.
The standard description of the characteristics of the breed does not allow the following colors:
- blue (any shades);
How To Choose a French Bulldog Puppy?
A preliminary study of breed standards will help you choose the right French Bulldog puppy. In addition, when choosing a pet, you need to familiarize yourself with the documents, habits, and character of the parents of the puppy you like, because many of the features of this breed are inherited.
In addition, when choosing a puppy, you need to pay attention to its appearance – the puppy should be bold, active, playful, well-fed, and outwardly healthy. It is advisable to purchase a dog in a specialized kennel or a reputable Breeder with a proven reputation. It is not recommended to take a puppy under 8 weeks old.
The ideal age for a puppy to move to a new family is 10-12 weeks. By this time, the puppy will have already received all the necessary vaccinations and documents.
Average Price of a French Bulldog Puppy in Alabama?
A French Bulldog puppy in Alabama has an average price of $2000-$3000. Some Breeders could even offer French Bulldog puppies for $4500 or even higher.
The cost of a French Bulldog puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a French Bulldog Puppy
French Bulldogs are ideal for keeping in an apartment. They do not need long walks and great physical activity.
The very short coat of these dogs practically does not protect them from adverse weather conditions. That is why, in hot and cold weather, the duration of the walk should be shortened, and in cold weather, it is better to take the pet outside in special clothes.
Important. The French snore loudly in their sleep, so it is not recommended to place their resting places in your or children’s bedroom.
Hygienic care of the French Bulldog is simple and boils down to washing, grooming the hair and eyes, cleaning the ears and teeth, and trimming the nails.
It is enough to comb out the representatives of the breed with a special massage mitt on a weekly basis. It is advisable to bathe dogs no more than 2-3 times a year. For prophylaxis, eyes can be wiped daily with a cotton pad dipped in boiled warm water.
The French Bulldog’s ears should be cleaned weekly with a cotton pad and a special lotion. The teeth should be periodically cleaned with special pastes, as well as given the pet special bones. Claws should be cut monthly with nippers if they do not grind off on their own.
In addition, caring for a French Bulldog must necessarily include the timely setting of the ears, because according to the breed standard, these are dogs with erect ears.
Caring for a French Bulldog puppy is easy
Some rules must be followed:
- All small objects, electrical wires, various chemicals must be hidden.
- The puppy’s sleeping place should be in a secluded corner, away from heat sources and drafts.
- You need to start teaching your puppy to hygiene procedures from a very early age.
- In the first months of life, you should not put your pet on sofas and armchairs – jumping off them, the puppy can get injured.
- You can take your baby for a walk only after the vaccination.
- It is advisable to walk the puppy for no more than 10 minutes for the first time, gradually increasing the walking time.
For the full development of a small bulldog, you need to provide a balanced diet.
The owners can feed their pets with both industrial feed and natural food. In the latter case, it is necessary to additionally introduce vitamin supplements into the diet.
For puppies, as well as for adult dogs, overeating is very harmful, so you need to feed them according to the schedule:
- 1.5-2 months – 6 times a day;
- at 3 months, the puppy is fed 5 times a day;
- at 4-7 months – 4 times a day;
- from 8 to 12 months – three times a day;
- after a year, the puppies are transferred to two meals a day.
French Bulldog Puppies For Sale in Alabama
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future French Bulldog puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have French Bulldog puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
French Bulldog Breeders Other States
- French Bulldog Breeders In New Jersey
- French Bulldog Breeders In Massachusetts
- French Bulldog Breeders In New Hampshire
- French Bulldog Breeders In Connecticut
- French Bulldog Breeders In Utah
- French Bulldog Breeders In New England
- French Bulldog Breeders In Louisiana
- French Bulldog Breeders In Alabama
- French Bulldog Breeders In Rhode Island
- French Bulldog Breeders In Virginia Beach
- French Bulldog Breeders In Houston
- French Bulldog Breeders In Orlando
- French Bulldog Breeders In Virginia
- French Bulldog Breeders In North Carolina
- French Bulldog Breeders In Oklahoma
- French Bulldog Breeders In Mississippi
- French Bulldog Breeders In Michigan
- French Bulldog Breeders In Pittsburgh
- French Bulldog Breeders In Kentucky
- French Bulldog Breeders In Wisconsin
- French Bulldog Breeders In Kansas
- French Bulldog Breeders In Colorado
- French Bulldog Breeders In California
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future French Bulldog puppy.
Before purchasing such a pet, a dog breeder should study the characteristics of the pros and cons of the breed. However, looking at these adorable dogs, it is obvious that they have more advantages than disadvantages.
Due to their versatile character, French Bulldogs will perfectly fit into any family, and attention, love, and proper care will help your pet live a long and happy life.