If you live in Indiana and searching for Bernedoodle puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Bernedoodle breeders in Indiana who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Indiana, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Bernedoodle Breeders in Indiana with all of their information.
Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale In Indiana (IN)
1) Acorn Lane Bernedoodles Indiana
- Address: St. Joe, IN, United States
- Website: Acorn Lane Bernedoodles Indiana
- Phone: 260-645-0745 or 260-645-0711
2) DJ Designer Doodles Indiana
- Address: Freedom, IN, United States
- Website: DJ Designer Doodles Indiana
- Phone: 717-824-0364
3) Gentle Giant Bernedoodles
- Address: Spencerville, IN, United States
- Website: https://www.gentlegiantbernedoodles.com/puppies
- Email: [email protected]
4) Willow Creek Bernedoodles
- Address: Spencerville, IN, United States
- Website: Willow Creek Bernedoodles Indiana
- Phone Number: 260-385-2615
6) Honey Creek Goldendoodles
- Address: Kokomo, IN, United States
- Website: Honey Creek Goldendoodles
- Phone: (765) 480-3794
Why Buy a Bernedoodle From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Bernedoodle Breed Overview
The Bernedoodle is normally a large dog. However it should be clarified that there are three types of Bernedoodle according to their size, and within the same litter, you can find large dogs, small ones, or toys. This variation is due to the size difference that exists between the two parents.
- Bernedoodle toy: with a weight oscillating between 10 and 27 pounds and a height at the withers between 11 and 17 inches. Even though they are called “toy”, this is not a real miniature dog, it is actually a classification within this hybrid breed, as toy dogs generally do not exceed 7.5 pounds.
- Small Benerdoodle: weighs between 27 and 55 pounds for a height of 17 to 22 inches at the withers. As in the previous case, although it is called “small”, this dog belongs to the group of medium-sized dogs.
- Bernedoodle standard: with a weight between 75 and 100 pounds and a size oscillating from 22 to 28 inches in height at the withers.
Just as the size of each dog in the same litter can vary, so does the coat vary, so there are dogs with smooth hair and others with curly hair. This coat is hypoallergenic, which is why this breed is so popular.
This dog has a well-proportioned head, like its muzzle, which is neither too wide nor too thin. Its eyes are medium in size, as are its ears, which are triangular and have high insertions.
The life expectancy of the Bernedoodle is between 12 and 15 years, and the larger the dog, the more it reduces.
The typical colors of the Bernedoodle dog are those that resemble those of the Bernese Mountain Dog, whose coat is tricolor (black, tan, and white). In this case, it is common to see a white fringe that starts from the forehead and runs down the stomach.
However, there are some dogs that are just one color (gray or brown). Likewise, it is common to see the Bernese Mountain Dog design appear on the Bernedoodle, and it will be possible to see a white fringe, but with two colors instead of three, as well as different colors, like white and black, white and gray, etc
F1 is a cross between a Poodle and a Bernese Mountain Dog. They are 50% poodle and 50% Bernese mountain dog. It is a first-generation hybrid. They are not 100% hypoallergenic.
The F1B is a Bernedoodle crossed with a poodle. This will produce puppies with a more hypoallergenic coat. They will tend to have a more curly coat. They will be the best generation for people with allergies.
People with allergies should absolutely choose an F1B to minimize the risk of a reaction. There are 2 types of allergies (hair or saliva). We cannot guarantee that you will not react because if you are allergic to saliva you will react to all dogs even hypoallergenic ones.
How To Choose a Bernedoodle Puppy?
When choosing a puppy, you should pay attention to its appearance. Any discharge from the eyes and a rash on the skin are unacceptable. The puppy must be agile and playful.
If you need a specific variety, it is advisable to choose a puppy from the age of 6 months. It is from this moment that the characteristic features of the breed will be visible. To exclude genetic diseases, it is advisable to purchase puppies from proven kennels or breeders.
How Much Does a Bernedoodle Puppy Cost in Indiana?
A Bernedoodle puppy in Indiana has an average price of $2600-$4000. Some Breeders could even offer Bernedoodle puppies for $5000 or even higher.
The cost of a Bernedoodle puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Bernedoodle Puppy
Caring for a Bernedoodle’s coat is difficult because the coat is often long and wavy and requires regular maintenance. The ideal is to get your dog used to this type of treatment from an early age.
A very curly coat limits hair loss in a Bernedoodle. However, this does not make grooming any easier because if the hair does not fall out, more frequent clipping is necessary. You can do this yourself or will need to take your dog to the groomer every three months.
A long coat also means knots where dirt will get stuck. A Bernedoodle that is not cared for enough will feel bad about itself and could smell bad quickly.
Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Bernedoodle puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Bernedoodle puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Bernedoodle Puppies for Sale Near By States
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in California
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Ohio
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Pennsylvania
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Michigan
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Florida
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in New York
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Tennessee
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in New Jersey
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Massachusetts
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Connecticut
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Colorado
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Idaho
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Oregon
- Bernedoodle Puppies For Sale in Washington
The Bernedoodle is a dog that will be loved by the whole family. It will get along very well with children. However, a toddler should never be left with a dog unattended.
The Bernedoodle only really thrives if it enjoys nature on a daily basis. In the event that you live in the city, it is necessary to take it out for long walks.