If you live in Pennsylvania and searching for Belgian Malinois puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Belgian Malinois breeders in Pennsylvania who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Pennsylvania, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Belgian Malinois Breeders in Pennsylvania with all of their information.
Belgian Malinois Puppies For Sale In Pennsylvania (PA)
Why Buy a Belgian Malinois From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Belgian Malinois Breed Overview
The description of the breed is reduced to the average characteristics for 4 types of Belgian shepherds:
- The average weight of pets does not exceed 75 pounds.
- The height at the withers ranges from 22 to 24 inches.
- Each type of breed has ears that are small, set high, and strictly triangular in shape. The outer part of the ears is rounded, and the ends are rigid.
- The body of the dog is strong, the skeleton is not coarse. The neck is clearly defined, elongated, expanding towards the shoulders.
- The tail is medium, at rest it is lowered down. In movement, the tail rises slightly but does not curl into a hook.
- Malinois are dogs with thick but short coat. The color of the Malinois is reddish-brown, the muzzle is also black with light brown areas in the forehead and upper part of the nose.
In addition to the basic standard characteristics, each type of breed has its own individual characteristics.
How To Choose a Belgian Malinois Puppy?
Before choosing a puppy, you should carefully study all the characteristics of the Belgian dog.
It is recommended to choose a dog only in elite specialized kennels. The breeder must provide the future owner with all the necessary documents for the animal. As a rule, in specialized kennels, customers are allowed to take a look at the puppy’s parents, as well as at its siblings. It would also be useful to have a pedigree
When choosing a puppy, you should carefully study its appearance:
- Age at least 6-7 weeks.
- The eyes should be clear, without any discharge.
- The thick coat of the animal should be well combed.
- Particular attention should be paid to the pet’s ears: there should be no purulent discharge and damage.
- The puppy should be active, show curiosity towards people. If the animal is lethargic, keeps aloof, then you should not take a puppy. It is also best not to adopt an animal if other puppies from its litter are shy and try to hide from people.
Attention. The coat of a Malinois puppy should be examined with particular care. You need to run your hand along the entire body of the dog. Its coat should not be too hard and not have bald spots. In no case should you take a Malinois with red spots on the body.
How Much Does a Belgian Malinois Puppy Cost in Pennsylvania?
A Belgian Malinois puppy in Pennsylvania has an average price of $3000-$10000. Some Breeders could even offer Belgian Malinois puppies for $35000 or even higher.
The cost of a Belgian Malinois puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Belgian Malinois Puppy
Long-haired Belgian Shepherds require special care.
The coat of the Malinois does not require frequent combing, so this procedure should be carried out as needed. A dog can be kept both outside the city and in an apartment.
Be sure to take into account that the animal tends to violently pursue cats, rabbits, and small rodents. Malinois needs daily active walks of at least 2 hours. For this reason, it is not recommended to start a Malinois for people who lead an inactive lifestyle or have little free time.
Reference. All Belgian Shepherds shed twice a year, in summer and winter.
Care and hygiene
Periodically, you need to wipe your dog’s eyes, clean its ears and cut ts claws. If the dog’s eyes or ears are inflamed, it must be taken to the veterinarian, otherwise, there is a chance of spreading the infection.
Between the pads of the paws, you need to cut the hair, otherwise, it will roll, and this will bring serious discomfort to the animal.
Since the Belgian coat has a thick undercoat, it is recommended to wash it no more than 1 time in 6 months.
Puppies are washed once every 1-2 months.
Belgian Malinois Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Belgian Malinois puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Belgian Malinois puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
The Belgian Shepherd loves to be the center of attention. It will certainly become a full-fledged and irreplaceable member of the family, as well as a wonderful companion in daily jogging and active outdoor games.