If you live in Florida and searching for Beagle puppies for sale, you will want to choose reputable Beagle breeders in Florida who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Florida, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Beagle Breeders in Florida with all of their information.
Beagle Puppies For Sale In Florida (FL)
1) Lokavi Beagles
- Address: Bonita Springs, FL, United States
- Website: Lokavi Beagles
- Phone: (239) 390-0664
2) Blackhawk Kennels
- Address: Raiford, FL, United States
- Website: Blackhawk Kennels
- Phone Number: (386) 431-1023
3) Windsong Beagles
- Address: Myakka City, FL, United States
- Website: Windsong Beagles
- Phone Number: (941) 323-5361
Why Buy a Beagle From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Beagle Breed Overview
The beagle looks strong and self-confident, it is a small but strong hound, perfectly adapted to perform its direct duties. It moves freely and resiliently, swinging its front paws well and pushing powerfully with its hind legs. To spend less energy, the animal minimally lifts its paws off the ground.
- The head is in proportion to the body, strong yet graceful. Divided roughly in half by the foot. The skull is convex and broad. The muzzle is shaped like a blunt wedge.
- Jaws strong, scissor bite.
- The eyes are brown or hazel, rather large and set wide apart.
- The beagle’s ears are hanging, with rounded tips. If you pull them forward, they will reach the nose.
- The neck is slightly arched. With its help, the animal easily reaches the ground with its nose. There is a small hanger.
- The body is perfectly balanced, designed for long runs. The back is straight, the loin is short and strong. In a beagle dog, the size of the chest is proportional to the length of the limbs. The stomach is not dry, but not saggy.
- The tail is thick, of medium length. Sits high, gives the dog a perky look. The animal never twists it into a ring and does not throw it on its back.
- The limbs are straight, placed strictly vertically under the body. The length of the paws to the elbows is approximately equal to ½ of the height.
Color and type of coat
According to the official description of the breed, the body of the Beagle dog is covered with short and dense hair that protects from cold and rain. The most common color is the so-called tricolor, when the body is painted in black, red and white.
There is a blue beagle that combines red, white and blue. It is more correct to call such animals gray, since the color weakening gene gives an unusual shade. The blue beagle has light eyes and an almost gray nose. In puppyhood, these are the only signs by which dogs are distinguished from the standard tricolor.
Also, a pet can be two-color – the suit is called bicolor. In this case, red, or lemon markings are scattered on a white background. A less common species is the black and white beagle.
Pied dogs are also popular in the UK:
- badger motley;
The only solid color allowed is white. With the exception of it, all other suits can have a speck.
How To Choose a Beagle Puppy?
Arriving at the Kennel, the first thing to do is to inspect the litter and meet the parents. Many diseases, like temperamental defects, are inherited. Beagle puppies should be well-groomed, be in clean enclosures, where there is no dirt and excrement.
Responsible breeders will tell you everything about the Beagle breed: they will point out not only the advantages but also the disadvantages. They will definitely take an interest in the future fate of the puppy, give valuable advice regarding maintenance and care. In the future, it will be possible to turn to the breeder if there are problems with the pet.
Important. Beagle puppies must have a veterinary passport with vaccination marks and a metric.
How Much Does a Beagle Puppy Cost in Florida?
A Beagle puppy in Florida has an average price of $800-$1600. Some Breeders could even offer Beagle puppies for $2000 or even higher.
The cost of a Beagle puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Beagle Puppy
Beagles are working dogs, so they are very unpretentious. Care consists in the timely conduct of hygiene procedures, proper feeding and education.
Beagle dog hygiene
The short coat is combed a couple of times a week with a brush or rubber mitt. During seasonal molting, the procedure is carried out more often.
Bathing is required only if the pet is very dirty. The beagle dog is washed with hypoallergenic shampoos designed for short-haired animals. Then the pets are carefully wiped with a towel and left to dry away from drafts.
On a note. After a walk, it is enough to wash the paws and wipe the tummy with a damp cloth.
Beagle Puppies For Sale Online
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Beagle puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Beagle puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
AKC Market Place
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
The Beagle is a cheerful and mischievous dog, reminiscent of a small child. With proper upbringing, a wonderful hunter and a devoted friend will grow out of it, who will never let you get bored.