Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Boston Terrier dog, and you live In the Florida area? However, you will want to choose reputable Boston Terrier breeders in Florida who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Florida, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in Florida with all of their information.
Here are some great Boston Terrier Breeders In the united states that might be able to help.
Top 8 Boston Terrier Breeders In Florida
1) Morning Star Farm
- Address:14601 W Hwy 328, Ocala, FL 34482, United States
- Phone Number: +:1 352-562-5329
- Directions: Morning Star Farm
2) Hard Run Acres
- Address: 12239 Country Side Dr, Lakeland, FL 33809, United States
- Phone: +1 863-606-8637
- Directions: Hard Run Acres
3) Boston Terriers Mills Run Kennels
- Website: http://bostonrescueflorida.org/
- Address: 14 S Roberts Rd, Avon Park, FL 33825, United States
- Directions: Boston Terriers Mills
4) Boston Terrier Rescue of Florida
- Address: 4300 W. Lake Mary Blvd, Box #1010-358, Lake Mary, FL 32746, United States
- Phone:+1 844-233-8337
- Directions: Boston Terrier Rescue
5) Blueskyz Bostons
- Address: 10349 Co Rd 132, Live Oak, FL 32060, United States
- Phone Number: +1 386-362-6875
- Directions: Blueskyz Bostons
6) Grissel s Boston Terriers
- Address: Garden Villas, Hialeah Gardens, FL 33018, United States
- Phone Number: +1 305-763-4929
- Website: http://www.grisselbostonterriers.com/
- Directions: Grissel s Boston Terriers
7) Normandy Boston Terriers
- Address: North Palm Avenue and, Taft St, Hollywood, FL 33024, United States
- Phone Number:+1 954-393-0506
- Website: http://www.normandybostonterriers.com/
- Directions: Normandy Boston Terriers
8) Forever Love Puppies Pembroke Pines
- Address: 7801 Johnson St, Pembroke Pines, FL 33024, United States
- Phone Number:+19543035070
- Website: https://954puppies.com/
- Directions: Forever Love Puppies
Why Buy a Boston Terrier From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Boston Terrier Breed Overview
Boston Terrier is a dog of balanced appearance with a square compact body and proportional paws, a short head, and a short tail. In representatives of the breed, sexual dimorphism is not very pronounced, it is expressed in the following. Females are thinner and slender, while males are large and powerful. Weight can vary from 11 to 27 pounds and height – from 11 to 16 inches.
Description of the Boston Terrier breed standard :
- The head is rectangular, flat on top.
- The muzzle is not wrinkled. The forehead is large and flat.
- The jaw is square and the bite is straight, but slight undershot is permitted
- The nose is colored black; rather large, therefore it is clearly distinguishable on the muzzle.
- The ears are small and erect. Can be docked.
- The eyes are large, dark, far apart.
Interesting! Due to the structure of the muzzle, Boston Terriers make whistling and wheezing sounds. But most of all they love to snore.
The Boston Terrier breed is characterized by a short but powerful body. The back is strong, almost square. The neck is massive and muscular. The chest is wide. The tail is short, with a pointed end. Should not rise higher than 90 degrees from the body line.
Some owners dock the tails of their Boston Terriers to hide external imperfections. This is prohibited by breed standards and such dogs cannot participate in shows.
How To Choose a Boston Terrier Puppy?
The puppy should be tested for deafness, heart disease. Take a closer look at how your favorite Boston Terrier puppy behaves. Aggressive pugnacious is not worth taking, since for the Boston breed it is a vice.
Puppies have a humped back, which sometimes disappears over time, but sometimes it does not. If the baby does not outgrow the defect in adulthood, then it will not be able to participate in exhibitions.
In order to buy a healthy and thoroughbred Boston Terriers, consider the following factors:
- Conditions of detention. The nursery or breeder’s house should be clean and spacious.
- The appearance of the parents. If one of the parents has visible defects, then there is a high probability of their transmission by inheritance.
- The number of puppies. The fewer puppies in the litter, the more milk they get. The stronger their immune system is.
- The activity of the future pet. The puppy should be nimble and agile. Avoid sluggish puppies with poor coordination.
- Availability of documents. Purebred Boston Terriers are sold along with a package of documents certifying their belonging to the breed.
Important! Sometimes fighting blood wakes up in Boston Terriers, and then they can rush at other street dogs.
What Prices Can I Expect from Boston Terrier Puppy Breeders in Florida?
A Boston Terriers puppy in Florida has an average tag price of $1200-$2000. Some Breeders could even offer Boston Terriers puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the pup’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Boston Terrier Puppy
As a rule, two or three puppies are born with-in-a litter. The pups are born blind, feed on mother’s milk. Feeding can begin when the Boston Terrier puppies are three weeks old. It consists of cow and goat milk, you can give milk to puppies up to 5 months old.
By two months, the puppies feed on their own. At this age, they can move to a new home. Milk porridge, low-fat cottage cheese, kefir, and fermented baked milk are added to the diet.
At two months old, a Boston puppy needs to be fed 5-6 times a day. The number of meals should be gradually reduced, and new foods should be carefully introduced into the diet. At six months, the puppy should eat twice a day.
Boston maintenance and care is not difficult. The breed is small, therefore it takes up little space. The pet’s bed should be placed in a place protected from drafts and direct sunlight. The dog should have a lot of toys that will keep it busy all day.
Although the Boston Terrier is considered an ornamental dog, it needs daily walks. Your pet needs to be taken outside twice a day. You should walk for at least half an hour. You can take your pet’s toys with you.
Due to the shape of the muzzle, the Boston Terrier quickly begins to choke. Therefore, during games, you should take breaks so that the dog can catch its breath.
Due to the shape of the head and short coat, Boston Terriers suffer from overheating. In hot weather, take a bottle of water and a bowl with you. During the summer, it is better to walk your pet in the early morning and evening, after sunset.
During winter, pets are easily overcooled and catch cold quickly. When walking, the dog should be warmly dressed.
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Boston Terrier puppy.
The Boston Terrier is the perfect companion to adapt to any owner. It will never bite or growl. Will be friendly with everyone. It’s easy to find a common language with it. It learns tricks with difficulty, but it will learn any command for a tasty treat.
The Boston Terrier should not be scolded because it’s touchy. But the pet will respond to praise with a sea of love.
Did you enjoy our list? If you got your Boston Terrier from a breeder that we left off this list, leave a comment below and tell us about your experience.