If you live in New York and searching for a Dachshund puppy for sale? However, you will want to choose reputable Dachshund breeders in New York who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in New York, I’ve put my list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Dachshund Breeders in New York with all of their information.
Top 7 Dachshund Breeders In New York (NY)
1) Walton’s Dachshunds New York
Walton’s Dachshunds is located in rural Western New York. They are breeders of AKC miniature and small standard dachshunds in most colors and patterns and all three coat types. Their puppies are raised in their home in a warm, loving environment with lots of attention and affection from all members of the family.
They strive to provide customers with adorable, healthy, playful puppies.
They are fully compliant with the American Kennel Club, and are licensed by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
2) NYC Breeders
NYC Breeder is the ONLY New York City pet store with puppies for sale that offers FREE lifetime dog training. They serve residents in all boroughs and beyond.
In addition to their selection of designer and purebred puppies for sale, the New York City pet store offers professional pet grooming. You can also find pet supplies and food vetted by industry veterans.
3) Vanity Pups Boutique
Vanity Pups Boutique was established in 2005. It has always been a family operation with a focus on serving NYC with the best and cutest puppies from private Class-A Breeders. Everyone at Vanity Pups is a puppy and a dog lover as everyone has furry little puppies of their own.
It is because of their love for their furry little friends that they focus on sourcing puppies only from the finest breeders that treat puppies with love. They are against puppy mills and never supported a kennel that has violations on their USDA inspection reports.
It is due to the reputation of Vanity Pups that a new family recently acquired the business. Longtime customers, Diana & Nassar, who obtained 3 of their 4 puppies from Vanity Pups, became owners of the location in January 2020.
Dikerdachs Kennels is located in New York. They breed, show, and sell miniature long-haired dachshund puppies. Valerie Diker, owner of Dikerdachs Kennels, New York has earned the title of AKC Breeder of Merit.
Dikerdachs believes in careful breeding, precise care of the mother in whelp, and continuing, professional care of the new pups from the time they are whelped until they are weaned and placed in specially chosen homes or prepared for show.
Their reputation is built on breeding for perfect health, outgoing, affectionate personalities, and exceptional conformation.
5) Empire Puppies
Empire Puppies is an independent Pets and Pet supplies store located in Flushing, New York specializing in food, supplies, and accessories for Puppies.
All of their puppies are from quality and professional breeders. They feed their puppies with holistic pet food made with natural ingredients only. They also offer great prices on name-brand products. They sell puppies at reasonable prices. If you don’t see the puppy you like, they can always special order one for you.
6) Akc Dachshund NY
All of their dogs and puppies receive the best in-home health care and veterinary care. They all receive appropriate vaccines. They all drink from an eight thousand dollar water purification system.
They provide a three-year health guarantee in writing, bordatella, two sets of vaccines, three if older, fully dewormed and customers will go home with a custom puppy kit with all supplies except a crate!! Akc papers are available to approved owners only. Full Akc available to approved breeders only.
They must meet you at their home or yours. Many people fly in from all over the world for their dachshunds, but they will not fly their dachshunds to you.
They are a private home, not a kennel. They specialize in quality, not quantity. All their dogs are Akc champion lines.
7) ADK Miniature Dachshunds
All of their Dachshunds are registered with the American Kennel Club, AKC, as is every single litter. Although they do not provide full registration papers to everyone (breeding/show rights), limited registration is provided with all of them including a spay/neuter contract. All of their dogs are pedigreed and DNA tested, so you know you are receiving a purebred dachshund.
All puppies leave their care with current vaccinations, worming, and started on heartworm and flea prevention if age-appropriate. The health of their doxies and puppies is supreme to them, and they do everything they can to keep them healthy while they are in their care.
Dachshund Puppies for Sale in New York
|Dikerdachs||NY 10021||No Phone Number||http://www.dikerdachs.com/|
|Empire Puppies||NY 11358||+1 718-321-1977||http://www.empirepuppies.net/|
|The Left Paw, LLC||NY 11040||+1 516-305-4220||http://www.theleftpaw.com/|
|Long Island Puppies For Sale||NY 11218||+1 631-371-2558||http://www.longislandpuppiesforsale.com/|
|NYC Breeders||NY 11224||+1 718-238-7387||http://nycbreeders.com/|
|Manhattan Puppies & Kittens||NY 10024||+1 212-787-1909||http://www.manhattan-puppies.com/|
|Central Park Puppies||NY 10704||+1 914-207-7558||http://shop.centralparkpuppies.com/|
Why Buy a Dog From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Dachshund Breed Overview
The Dachshund is the oldest hunting dog and has gained popularity as a companion. The uniqueness of the animal lies in its elongated body, which gives it a funny appearance.
Dachshund is a sturdy dog with massive bones, standing firmly on the ground, with a long, elongated muzzle and long soft ears. The tail, thick and strong at the base, set low, usually carried slightly below the line of the back, but when excited, sticks up like an antenna. The main distinguishing feature is short, thick legs with prominent muscles.
How To Choose a Dachshund Puppy?
In order to buy a healthy and thoroughbred pet, consider the following factors:
- Conditions of detention. The nursery or breeder’s house should be clean and spacious.
- The appearance of the parents. If one of the parents has visible defects, then there is a high probability of their transmission by inheritance.
- The number of puppies. The fewer puppies in the litter, the more milk they get. The stronger their immune system is.
- The activity of the future pet. The puppy should be nimble and agile. Avoid sluggish puppies with poor coordination.
- Availability of documents. Purebred dachshunds are sold along with a package of documents certifying their belonging to the breed.
- The appearance of the puppies. A healthy Dachshund puppy should have a thick and shiny coat without bald patches. Deflections and depressions on the body are not allowed. A discharge from the eyes or nose indicates an infection.
Important! At first, a dachshund puppy looks different from its adult counterparts. With age, the bright orange color becomes less pronounced, and the rounded muzzle sharpens.
Average Price of a Dachshund Puppy in New York?
A Dachsund puppy in New York has an average price of $2000-$3500. Some Breeders could even offer Dachsund puppies for $4000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the pup’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Dachshund Puppy
Before purchasing a new Dachshund, be sure to prepare:
- Take care of safety and remove questionable items out of the reach of your puppy.
- Purchase feeders and choose a place to rest. Smooth-haired dachshund puppies are especially vulnerable to drafts. Place its bed in a warm and quiet place.
- Stock up on diapers and buy a tray. The metabolic processes in puppyhood are very active, so diapers will prevent your puppy from making a mess around the house.
Up to 3 months, the dachshund is fed 4 times a day, from 3 to 8 months – 3 times a day, and after 8 months – 2 times a day like an adult dog.
Dachshund puppies drink milk in the 1st month. Mother’s milk is replaced with cow or goat milk. After 2-3 months, porridge with chopped meat and vegetables is added to dairy and fermented milk products.
Important! Adult dogs develop lactose intolerance, so only dachshund puppies are allowed to milk.
Dachshunds in their 2 months are dry fed, soak the granules in water. After 5 months, the pellets are served as usual.
When caring for puppies of this breed, it is important to follow a number of rules:
- Avoid jumping. Use your arms to lower your pet down the stairs and make sure it doesn’t jump onto the couch or bed.
- Do not take them by the scruff of the neck or under the paws. It should be carried with two hands: one is placed under the chest, and the second is held by the hind legs.
- Avoid walking outside prior to vaccination. Newborn dachshund puppies are protected by passive immunity transmitted along with breast milk. After separation from the mother, immunity decreases. The body has to fight viruses on its own.
- Forbid children to carry the pet on their own. Any awkward movement can lead to spinal injury.
Dachshund Puppies for Sale in New York
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Dachshund puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Dachshund puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Dachshund Breeders Other States
- Dachshund Breeders In Georgia
- Dachshund Breeders In South Carolina
- Dachshund Breeders In Wisconsin
- Dachshund Breeders In Iowa
- Dachshund Breeders In Arkansas
- Dachshund Breeders In Missouri
- Dachshund Breeders In Indiana
- Dachshund Breeders In Tennessee
- Dachshund Breeders In Michigan
- Dachshund Breeders In California
- Dachshund Breeders In Texas
- Dachshund Breeders In Florida
- Dachshund Breeders In Ohio
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Dachshund puppy.
Dachshunds need a demanding but loving owner who is ready to accept their shortcomings and competently educate them. Care and understanding will surely pay off with the love of a pet, ready to do anything for the sake of its owner.