If you live in Missouri and searching for a Dachshund puppy for sale? However, you will want to choose reputable Dachshund breeders in Missouri who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Missouri, I’ve put my list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Dachshund Breeders in Missouri with all of their information.
Top 6 Dachshund Breeders In Missouri
1) KB Doxies Miniature Dachshunds
- Address: Co Rd 36, Barnard, MO 64423, United States
- Website: http://kbdachshunds.wixsite.com/kbdoxies-1
- Phone: +16605413055
- Directions: KB Doxies Mini Dachshunds
2) Wylde Rose Dachshunds
- Website: http://wylderosedachshunds.com/
- Telephone: +15733179145
- Directions: Wylde Rose Dachshunds
3) Show-MePuppies LLC
- Address: 2302 Co Rd 2010, West Plains, MO 65775, United States
- Website: http://www.show-mepuppies.com/
- Telephone: +14172934468
- Directions: Show-MePuppies LLC
4) Down Home Country Kennel & Farms
- Location: 10951 State Hwy TT, Grovespring, MO 65662, United States
- Website: https://dhckennels.com/
- Phone Number: +14175310530
- Directions: Down Home Country Kennel
5) Mooney Dogwood Hills Farm
- Address: 33768 Kensington Ln, Richland, MO 65556, United States
- Website: http://jnadachshunds.com/
- Phone Number: +15737655358
- Directions: Mooney Dogwood Hills Farm
6) Weatherly’s Dachshunds
- Address: 24987 Co Rd 220, Hermitage, MO 65668, United States
- Website: http://www.weatherlysdachshunds.com/
- Phone Number: +14177450046
- Directions: Weatherly’s Dachshunds
Dachshund Puppies for Sale in Missouri
|Wade s Wieners||MO 65109||+1 573-338-9701||http://www.wadeswieners.com/|
|Miller Dachshunds||MO 65441||+1 636-891-3273||No Website|
|Show-MePuppies LLC||MO 65775||+1 417-293-4468||http://www.show-mepuppies.com/|
Why Buy a Dog From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Dachshund Breed Overview
The Dachshund is the oldest hunting dog and has gained popularity as a companion. The uniqueness of the animal lies in its elongated body, which gives it a funny appearance.
Dachshund is a sturdy dog with massive bones, standing firmly on the ground, with a long, elongated muzzle and long soft ears. The tail, thick and strong at the base, set low, usually carried slightly below the line of the back, but when excited, sticks up like an antenna. The main distinguishing feature is short, thick legs with prominent muscles.
How To Choose a Dachshund Puppy?
In order to buy a healthy and thoroughbred pet, consider the following factors:
- Conditions of detention. The nursery or breeder’s house should be clean and spacious.
- The appearance of the parents. If one of the parents has visible defects, then there is a high probability of their transmission by inheritance.
- The number of puppies. The fewer puppies in the litter, the more milk they get. The stronger their immune system is.
- The activity of the future pet. The puppy should be nimble and agile. Avoid sluggish puppies with poor coordination.
- Availability of documents. Purebred dachshunds are sold along with a package of documents certifying their belonging to the breed.
- The appearance of the puppies. A healthy Dachshund puppy should have a thick and shiny coat without bald patches. Deflections and depressions on the body are not allowed. A discharge from the eyes or nose indicates an infection.
Important! At first, a dachshund puppy looks different from its adult counterparts. With age, the bright orange color becomes less pronounced, and the rounded muzzle sharpens.
Average Price of a Dachshund Puppy in Missouri?
A Dachsund puppy in Missouri has an average price of $800-$1400. Some Breeders could even offer Dachsund puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the pup’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Dachshund Puppy
Before purchasing a new Dachshund, be sure to prepare:
- Take care of safety and remove questionable items out of the reach of your puppy.
- Purchase feeders and choose a place to rest. Smooth-haired dachshund puppies are especially vulnerable to drafts. Place its bed in a warm and quiet place.
- Stock up on diapers and buy a tray. The metabolic processes in puppyhood are very active, so diapers will prevent your puppy from making a mess around the house.
Up to 3 months, the dachshund is fed 4 times a day, from 3 to 8 months – 3 times a day, and after 8 months – 2 times a day like an adult dog.
Dachshund puppies drink milk in the 1st month. Mother’s milk is replaced with cow or goat milk. After 2-3 months, porridge with chopped meat and vegetables is added to dairy and fermented milk products.
Important! Adult dogs develop lactose intolerance, so only dachshund puppies are allowed to milk.
Dachshunds in their 2 months are dry fed, soak the granules in water. After 5 months, the pellets are served as usual.
When caring for puppies of this breed, it is important to follow a number of rules:
- Avoid jumping. Use your arms to lower your pet down the stairs and make sure it doesn’t jump onto the couch or bed.
- Do not take them by the scruff of the neck or under the paws. It should be carried with two hands: one is placed under the chest, and the second is held by the hind legs.
- Avoid walking outside prior to vaccination. Newborn dachshund puppies are protected by passive immunity transmitted along with breast milk. After separation from the mother, immunity decreases. The body has to fight viruses on its own.
- Forbid children to carry the pet on their own. Any awkward movement can lead to spinal injury.
Dachshund Puppies for Sale in Missouri
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Dachshund puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Dachshund puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
Dachshund Breeders Other States
- Dachshund Breeders In Georgia
- Dachshund Breeders In South Carolina
- Dachshund Breeders In Wisconsin
- Dachshund Breeders In Iowa
- Dachshund Breeders In Arkansas
- Dachshund Breeders In Indiana
- Dachshund Breeders In Tennessee
- Dachshund Breeders In Michigan
- Dachshund Breeders In California
- Dachshund Breeders In Texas
- Dachshund Breeders In Florida
- Dachshund Breeders In Ohio
- Dachshund Breeders In NY
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Dachshund puppy.
Dachshunds need a demanding but loving owner who is ready to accept their shortcomings and competently educate them. Care and understanding will surely pay off with the love of a pet, ready to do anything for the sake of its owner.