If you live in Ohio State and searching for a Pomsky puppy for sale? However, you will want to choose reputable Pomsky breeders in Ohio who socialize their dogs and perform a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in Ohio, I’ve put my list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult, so we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Pomsky Breeders in Ohio with all of their information.
Top 5 Pomsky Puppies For Sale In Ohio (OH)
1) Mohican Family Puppies
- Address: Walhonding, Ohio 43843, United States
- Website: https://mohicanfamilypuppies.com
- Phone: (740) 610-8288
- Directions: Mohican Family Puppies
2) True Pomsky Ohio
- Address: Dayton, Ohio, United States
- Website: https://www.truepomskykennel.com
- Phone: (937) 559-2718
- Directions: True Pomsky Ohio
3) Sapphire Pomskies
- Address: Champion Township, Ohio, United States
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sapphirepomskies/
- Phone Number: +1 330-646-4040
- Directions: Sapphire Pomskies
4) Ohio Pomsky
- Address: Jamestown, Ohio 45335, United States
- Website: https://ohiopomsky.com
- Phone Number: (937)241-5551
- Directions: Ohio Pomsky
5) Buckeye Pomskies
- Address: Fostoria, Ohio 44830, United States
- Website: Buckeye Pomskies
- Phone Number: 419-701-8003 or 419-701-9505
- Directions: Buckeye Pomskies
Why Buy a Pomsky From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Pomsky Breed Overview
Pomskies are very beautiful, harmoniously developed small to medium-sized dogs with thick hair that can withstand the most severe frosts. The breed is quite popular, but black-gray-white puppies resembling their ancient ancestors – wolves – were the main distribution among amateurs.
Few people know that in addition to such a familiar color, the color can be different:
- red or even black.
A characteristic feature is the presence of a black or white mask.
- Growth – 19-23 inches (males are usually larger).
- Weight – 40-70 pounds.
- The head is of medium size, proportional, triangular in shape (tapering from ears to eyes), the muzzle is elongated.
- The eyes are almond-shaped, bright blue, blue, gray, or brown.
- The ears are in the form of triangles, close to each other.
- Nose – black, gray, pink streaks are allowed.
- Teeth – white, large, scissor bite.
- The chest is wide and strong.
- The back is straight, straight.
- The tail is like that of a fox, hanging, does not turn into a ring.
- The limbs are moderately spaced, muscular, the paws are medium.
- Coat – straight hair, thick undercoat.
The dog has developed muscles. Often there are puppies with congenital heterochromia, when the eyes differ in color from each other, but this is not considered a disadvantage.
How To Choose a Pomsky Puppy?
Determining the right puppy of this breed is not easy. Puppies can change a lot with age. Therefore, an experienced breeder can help in choosing.
Important! The mother of newborn puppies will not look their best. The body needs time to recover. Therefore, you should not judge by her appearance about the decency of the breeder or about how the puppies will grow up.
When transferring the puppy, the breeder will tell you about the care, conclude a sale and purchase agreement, and also issue a pedigree and a veterinary passport, which contains all the information about vaccinations and anthelmintic procedures.
First of all, it is worth looking at the entire litter to assess how the puppies interact with each other:
- Healthy puppies will jump, howl and try to play even with a stranger. This behavior is normal for hyperactive Pomskies.
- Some puppies may try to suppress their siblings. This behavior is a variant of the norm. However, it is necessary to deal with such puppies as early as possible in order to correct unwanted moments. If this is missed, the dog will grow up uncontrollable.
It is also important to evaluate the appearance of the puppies. They should be well-fed, with clear eyes and a shiny coat.
Average Price of a Pomsky Puppy in Ohio?
A Pomsky puppy in Ohio has an average price of $950-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Pomsky puppies for $3000 or even higher.
The cost of a Pomsky puppy varies widely and depends on many factors. The price of the dog is influenced by the eminence of the breeder, as well as the availability of working and exhibition certificates from the parent couple.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Pomsky Puppy
You should select food specially designed for active dogs. They contain more proteins and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which is important for energetic Pomskies. You shouldn’t buy mixtures with starch content. This breed does not digest them very well.
Small puppies should be steamed in boiled water or warm broth. Grown-up puppies can be transferred to solid food.
Important! Dogs that eat natural foods should be given vitamins and minerals. However, it is best to consult a veterinarian before using them.
During winter, Pomskies burn more calories. Therefore, the serving size must be increased. However, this applies primarily to grown-up puppies, which can already be left in the open-air cage outside for some time.
A month-old puppy needs to be given more milk formulas, as well as meat, which is crushed to a mushy consistency. From vegetables, you can offer carrots.
The Pomsky’s diet at 2 months is made more varied by increasing the content of vegetables: onion feathers, cabbage, beets, and herbs. Everything is served stewed.
Pomsky at 3 months gradually becomes accustomed to fish. It is better to give preference to the sea, which must first be frozen. River fish can also be given to three-month-old Pomsky puppies, but it should be served boiled and pitted.
At 4 months, cereals with butter and vegetables, as well as fermented milk products are added to the Pomsky’s diet. In addition, you can give eggs (preferably quail and infrequently, about 1-2 times a week).
Pomsky at 5 months can be given the same as an adult dog. The difference lies in the amount of food received. If an adult dog eats 1-2 times a day, then a puppy – 3-4. The serving should weigh 2 percent of the animal’s weight.
Pomsky at 6 months is transferred to three meals a day (some owners prefer to do this at the age of 7 months).
Pomsky Puppies For Sale in Ohio
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Pomsky puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Pomsky puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Pomsky puppy.
Pomskies are hardy and healthy dogs, whose energy needs to be able to be directed in the right direction.
This dog is suitable only for active people with strong character who can train an obstinate pet. For this reason, you should not buy a puppy as a gift for your child.