Let me guess, you’ve decided to adopt a Golden Retriever puppy, and you live In the New Jersey area? However, you will want to choose reputable Golden Retriever breeders in New Jersey who socializes their dogs and performs a variety of health checks.!
Look no further, To help you find the best Breeders located near you in New Jersey, I’ve put my own list of important factors based on experience, reputation, quality, and client reviews.
This is the only way to verify that you are going to get a puppy that will live a long and healthy life. I know that choosing a breeder is difficult which is why we created our list to help you narrow down your choices!
Below is a list of the top and leading Breeders in New Jersey with all of their information.
Best 5 Golden Retriever Breeders In New Jersey, NJ
1) ShoreGold Golden Retrievers
At Shore Gold, they strive to produce golden retrievers that are, not only beautiful and healthy but also very intelligent. Be assured that one of the most important aspects of their breeding is to ensure the puppy’s loving temperaments.
Their golden retrievers are part of the family whom they raise at home. They are socialized by their children and with other pets. This in-family technique provides the puppies with the abundant socialization that makes them wonderful family pets. And, in order to ensure they are given necessary love, care, and socialization prior to being adopted, Shore Gold only produces a small number of litters.
2) Golden Grange Kennels
Golden Grange Kennels is an all-breed dog boarding, grooming, and training facility located in rural Chesterfield, NJ.
Born in 2002 out of their love for dogs, their goal is to provide the highest quality of care and kindness to their kennel guests and to assure their owners that their canine companions are in caring and very capable hands. they are committed to exceptional customer service and to providing a safe, sanitary, and stress-free environment for their canine guests.
3) Honeysweet Goldens
Honeysweet Goldens is a registered kennel with the Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA). Their dogs are AKC and UKC registered. They compete in different dog sports and venues. They only breed dogs that have full health clearance. All puppies that are purchased from them are covered by their health guarantee.
4) Icewind Goldens
At Icewind, they strive to be the best and only the best will do for their dogs. Their dogs always come first and are given the best of everything. Starting in the 1960’s they have acquired more extensive knowledge over the years than most dog trainers, breeders, and enthusiasts.
To reach this goal they have spent a lifetime learning about dog behavior, training, breeding, showing, and health care. Breeding dogs involves art, science, and total devotion. Good puppies start long before their parents are bred. Both the sire and dam need constant conditioning to produce the best offspring. This means regular veterinary care, screening for genetic problems, regular exercise, grooming, and good nutrition. It also means maintaining their mental health.
5) Pheasanthill Golden Retrievers
At Pheasanthill, they Specialize in Breeding American and English Cream Golden Retrievers. They own a 86 acre Farm that is located in Northern New Jersey adjacent to the State Pheasant Farm.
- Location: Hackettstown, NJ
- Website: https://sites.google.com/site/pheasanthillgoldenretrievers/
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 908-528-6979
- Directions: Pheasanthill Golden retrievers
Why Buy a Dog From The Breeder?
Once you’ve decided on a puppy of a particular breed, be sure to buy one from a good breeder. A good dog breeder is registered in a breeders association and breeds according to the rules and guidelines of the respective breed association. In addition to participating in beauty and performance shows at dog shows, this also includes health checks on their breeding dogs.
In addition, the puppies receive pedigree papers, also known as “pedigree”. These papers show which ancestors were involved in the development of the puppy and whether inbreeding was carried out.
What makes a serious dog breed?
A reputable breeder is dedicated to their breed and usually only breeds this one breed. The prices that dog breeders charge for their puppies mostly flow back into dog breeding. A profit is hardly achieved with good and species-appropriate husbandry. A serious breeder does not sell their puppies to everyone but is interested in finding the “right” family for their puppies.
How do I recognize a reputable breeder?
First, make sure that the dog breed leaves a clean and well-groomed impression. The following points can also help you buy puppies from a reputable dog breeder:
- Do all animals look lively and healthy?
- Do the puppies grow up in the family instead of having to live in a kennel outside?
- Are the parent animals on-site? Are you allowed to visit the puppies (several times)?
- Is the breeder interested in your living conditions?
- Would they like to know as precisely as possible where their puppies will live?
- Does the dog breeder take special measures to give their puppies a good start in life?
- For example, do the puppies get to know car journeys and train journeys?
- Are they used to other pets and children?
- Does the breeder grant themself a right of repurchase in the event that the buyer wants to give their dog back?
These points are indicators of a reputable breeder. In addition, you should make sure that the puppies are not over-vaccinated and dewormed before buying. Worming treatments in particular can cause permanent damage in puppies that cannot be justified by a potential benefit. If the dog breeder is critical of your questions, that is also a good sign.
Golden Retriever Breed Overview
Golden Retrievers are attractive dogs with an energetic temperament and soulful gaze with expressive dark eyes. Due to their balanced psyche and benevolent disposition, they have gained a reputation as ideal family companions, and their ineradicable passion for water and craving for retrieval make them indispensable for hunting.
Golden Retrievers are medium-sized, well-proportioned dogs. Although their exterior is regulated by a single standard, there is a division into 3 types in the breed:
- English. Dogs of this type are easily recognizable by their wide skull, powerful legs, and very light, almost white coat.
- American. Dogs of this type are distinguished by an elegant constitution and graceful posture.
- Canadian. Tall, thin dogs of rich dark color.
How To Choose a Golden Retriever Puppy?
To choose the right pet, you should study the breed standard. Then it will become clear what the perfect Golden Labrador looks like. Of course, the puppies are still too small, so it is rather difficult to assess their conformation.
When choosing, first of all, pay attention to the following signs:
- The Coat. Labradors have dense and coarse guard hair without waves and feathers, a thick and soft undercoat. Elongated coat, sparse undercoat call into question the dog’s purebred.
- Color. The AKC standard allows only 3 colors: cream, golden, dark golden, and light golden. A small white spot on the chest is not considered a fault.
- Expression of the muzzle. It depends to a certain extent on the eyes. In golden Labradors, they are brown or hazel, expressing intelligence and good nature. The eyes should not be cloudy or heavy. In puppies under 12 weeks of age, the iris is blue. The lighter the shade, the lighter the eyes of an adult animal will be.
- Body type. golden Labradors are compact, harmoniously built dogs with a powerful neck, deep chest, strong bones, and straight limbs. The back is short and straight, without dips or bulges. Puppies that are overly light, weak, gaunt, or overweight should not be chosen.
- Tail. A characteristic feature of the breed is a thick tail at the base and tapering to the tip, reminiscent of the tail of an otter. During swimming, the tail plays the role of a rudder. During a game, the puppies cheerfully lift it, but never bend or throws it on its back.
Important. Labradors are prone to hip dysplasia. Therefore, before making a choice, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the X-ray images of the limbs of the puppy’s parents.
How Much is Average Price of a Golden Retriever Puppy in New Jersey?
A Golden Retriever puppy in New Jeresy has an average price of $900-$2500. Some Breeders could even offer Golden Retriever puppies for $3500 or even higher.
The price would depend on many factors, such as the pup’s lineage, its parents, its health, and the breeder’s reputation.
Aside from the puppy’s price, it would be best to consider the expenses that would come with it. For instance, you may want to get the essential things for your puppies like grooming tools, food, and shelter.
Caring For a Golden Retriever Puppy
Golden Retriever puppies from good breeders do not leave for new homes until they are 2 months old. Although by this age Golden’s babies are already quite independent, they miss their mother and at first, may whine and refuse food. Therefore, in the early days, pets really need the attention and care of their owners.
To avoid digestive problems, puppies should first be fed what they ate at the breeder. And it is better to introduce all new products gradually and in small quantities. At 2 months, golden retrievers should receive food 5-6 times a day, and when they reach 1 year they are transferred to double feeding.
Important! Until the golden puppy has received all the vaccinations, it cannot be taken out for walks. Therefore, before the end of the post-vaccination quarantine in the house, it is better to remove the carpets and cover the floor with disposable floor pads.
Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale in New Jeresy
We hope that one of the breeders listed above can help you find your future Golden Retriever puppy, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen you can always opt for different alternatives.
For this reason, we’ve added these alternative platforms. These platforms will help you connect with people who have Golden Retriever puppies for sale or adoption near you. It can be a great alternative in looking for your future pup within the comfort of your home.
Finding trustworthy dog breeders, groomers, and trainers can be challenging. AKC Marketplace is your trusted resource to help make a lifetime of responsible dog ownership safe, happy, and healthy.
AKC Marketplace® is the only website that exclusively lists puppies from AKC-Registered litters, so you can choose a breeder with confidence.
Adopt A Pet
If you want to give an abandoned puppy a second chance, a shelter is definitely the place to find a dog.
Adopt a pet is North America’s largest non-profit pet adoption website. They help over 21,000 animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month, for free.
Puppies for sale Today
Puppies Today has over a decade of experience, established in 2008. They pride themselves on connecting loving families with new furry friends and have happy customers all over the nation. They provide all of their customer’s puppy payment plans and health guarantees to ensure the best experience and peace of mind when adopting a puppy through their service.
We hope that our well-researched breeder’s list helps you ease your process of finding your future Golden Retriever puppy.
Golden Retrievers are beautiful dogs with a delicate and good-natured disposition. They easily get along with children and are great as a companion for active people who prefer long walks to sitting in front of the TV.
Last Updated on June 12, 2022 by Jessica Vanclap